Incissor Removal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ResQBunny

Sierra
Reaction score
So I'm not sure how many of y'all remember my thread a while ago in regards to my rabbit Story who I rescued (pregnant) some time ago. We did not realize initially(not till after she had her kits) we have been having her teeth trimmed by a local vet... During our first visit we did learn something... Story actually has no lower incissors so her upper ones grow constantly... Resulting in vet trips ever 5-6 weeks... So during g my vet visit today one of the things we spoke about was the removal of the incissors (she gave me the name of a closer vet that has experience with it) ... However, when I asked my vet about doing xrays before surgery she said she would recommend instead having everything done in one go at the other vet (so she only has to be sedated once) I just spoke with the other vet and they agreed, sedate her, get xrays, spay her, take care of teeth as needed.. they are only 35 mins away. The vet I was originally planning to take her to was 2 hours one way . My question is.. is it better to do it all in one go and only sedate once? Anyone have any experience with this? What should I suspect? The tech I talked to said unless there are any complications she should be able to go home same day

I really don't know the answer to this. I am following to see what others say. But I can see why you are reluctant to do two surgeries at once. Seems like she will have pain in her mouth and from her spay so I would worry about her waking up and being in pain in two places and maybe not eating going into stasis etc, so I would be reluctant.

I think a lot depends on the rabbit experience of the vet. If the vet is very experienced with rabbits and has done this type of dental procedure before and it is a quick procedure, and as long as there aren't any complications, it may work out. I would just be concerned about the amount of time it takes to do all of those things and keeping your rabbit sedated for too long.

Latest posts

Back