I'm really confused?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by LetaRayn, Dec 11, 2019.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Dec 11, 2019 #1

LetaRayn

LetaRayn

LetaRayn

Hey guys

Iam really confused about my rabbit's stomach. I hear only bubbling and nothing else not gurgling or any other symptoms of gas.

In fact when the noises started he became very active and his apatite became larger. He is healthy boy, his pee and poop are very normal and now he's eating much more grass than before.

I changed his diet many times but nothing changed. I still hear the bubbling in his stomach.

Now I only give him grass, lettuce،spinach،parsley and some fenugreek and even minimize the fruits.

So any one have idea what is going on? And sadly the vet option is not available for me :(

2. Dec 12, 2019 #2

JBun

JBun

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod Staff Member Administrator Moderator

You don't want to be hearing loud gurgling, just gentle 'bubbling' sounds to indicate contents are moving through the digestive tract. Loud gurgling is usually a bad sign as it usually happens when there has been an upset to the digestive tract altering the gut microflora and causing an overgrowth of bacteria, resulting in excess gas and gurgling. Soft bubbling sounds are just the normal movement of the digestive tract and nothing to be concerned about.

It sounds like you have him on a good diet. Lots of grass is one of the best foods for good digestive health in rabbits. If his poop and pee are normal and he is eating well, then it sounds like your bun is doing just fine.

LetaRayn likes this.
  3. Dec 12, 2019 #3

LetaRayn

LetaRayn

LetaRayn

The problem is I can hear it even when he is away from me and that what concerned me

4. Dec 12, 2019 #4

John Wick

John Wick

John Wick

Does the gurgling happen to occur recently after he drinks water? This doesn't occur in both my rabbits, but for one, she has audible stomach gurgles from water.

LetaRayn likes this.
  5. Dec 12, 2019 #5

LetaRayn

LetaRayn

LetaRayn

I never heard gurgling only bubbling and No its all the time especially when he rest after eating his meal and he is drinking water only at night! Maybe doe to the water in the greens I given to him

Draft saved Draft deleted