I'm not sure what to do...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BSAR wrote:
I am sorry to hear that. You should really stand up for your self if he does anything more. Tell him he is not allowed to tell you what to do, and tell him to leave your things (Sparky included) alone. If he or your mom yells at ya than just explain that you are tired of him bossing you around and tell your mom she needs to listen to what you have to say.

Is he still at your house?

I can see were your coming from BSAR but honestly as good as it may feel to stand up to him and have a go, don't. If your mum's already not listening to you this is going to make her not even give you a chance. As tough as it is not to respond to it and however much you feel your mums acting like a child yelling doesn't achieve anything (Tried it lol). I'll try figure out the msn thing tonight. When his son and him come round just say a polite hi then go to your room and come on RO hehe who cares if your mum thinks your rude or withdrawn just say you have "aunt flow" cramps.

Brandy456 wrote:
No, His son wants to wait to see my mom. I wish I had that option :X

What do you mean ?
I mean like what time is it when he got there earlier tonight? If he gets there late than it must be hard for you to get sleep if he is blaring the tv and all that.

A psych may not have patient confidentiality as Brandy is under 18, however, I definitely think bringing it up in the sessions is a great idea. You may have to deal with it later, but again, you can then bring that up in the session, or the next session. Using a psych session for this would be making very good use of the time and could easily benefit you, and he will be able to help your mum see what you are saying, and not make it about her, because it is about you.

Also, if there is ever anything you want to talk to your psych about but you don't want your mum to be there, or something, you can write him a note and either say you want to see him alone, or else tell him on that piece of paper and give it to him as you leave.

I'm not sure how strict the rules of confidentiality are, and he will probably have to break them if you are a danger to yourself or others, but not necessarily anything else (although that might depend on the psych).

Awwh hun, he sounds like a horrible horrible man :(

It's just, I don't feel good so I want to rest and I usually lay on the couch but then the'll want to watch tv so i'm off to my room and the tv is on the other side of the wall for where my bed is ( condo appt ) So.. :(

I'm going to try and cancle my teacher coming so I can rest.

It may be a good idea though to keep your mind occupied and not to dwell to much on your mum and her boyfriend right now. Unfortunately while he's around there's very little you can do at the moment, maybe if you catch your mother alone it may be possible to have another word with her in a non confrontational way. Make her aware how little it says about her self esteem if she allows a stranger to come into the house and boss her daughter around....

P.s. sorry I just realised it's the middle of the night where you are?

awwh, brandy!

I dont like "him"... I think everyone on RO should fly to your house and when he's over to beat him up... tecah him a lesson and even hurt him like he hurts sparky. Sorry i just HATE HATE HATE people like like that, going into someone's privacy/home and then intruding ugh..

Flashy:
A psych may not have patient confidentiality as Brandy is under 18, however

^

My 17 year old sister has a psychiatrist and her psychiatrist asks her if she's more confortable by her self or with someone accompanying here (my older/other sis) and my sister is always going there by her self, the lady is really unedrstanding with her problems and if my sister is having problems with someone in our family and say the person wont listen to the othe side of the problem then the whole family gets brougth in and then we have a family meeting there. she on both the sides (but really of course she's on my sister's side more:p) but doing htings like that makes the people in my house open their mind really.. well just sharing, so i guess if u maybe can call ur psychiatrist and explains whats happening she will understand.

I hope you're feeling better! my PM box (or if im online on msn) is open for you

Lotsa love from : Prisca

It's just that every psych, every patient, every country and pretty much every thing differs for every person, which is why I said we can't be sure, that's all :)

He's going to your Psych appointment? Wah??? He should absolutely not be allowed to sit in the room with you if he tries. Total breach of confidentiality. Even if he was actually your stepdad it probably wouldn't be allowed unless he was your legal guardian.

My thought would be to ask to see your psych alone, without your mother. Tell him about all this stuff and see if he can talk to her (and maybe him too) and work things out. This guy is definitely crossing boundaries that he shouldn't. He's still really a stranger to you.

:hug:

This is really odd Brandy. I think your mum needs a reality check. Please bring it up at the appointment. If he is decent he will understand even if your mum doesn't.

This sounds totally bizzare. Why on earth would he want to be in those sessions. I understood your mom has been seeing him for merely a few weeks. No offense meant but maybe it's your mom who needs a few sessions with a councillor herself

Sabine wrote:
This sounds totally bizzare. Why on earth would he want to be in those sessions. I understood your mom has been seeing him for merely a few weeks. No offense meant but maybe it's your mom who needs a few sessions with a councillor herself
Excatly what the psyc. suggested. He left the house right before we left to go to the doctors. He din't come but he will be back later. She came in the room and totally wouldn't let me talk and kept saying ' Oh yeah I agree' then said to the Psyc. that I hang out with people who do drugs alot. LOL. I know ONE friend who does drugs and I havent seen him in over a month.

I thought those sesions were for you. How come your mum wouldn't let you talk. How come your psych let her take over? Is there anyway you could have those sessions by yourself? If you're not the most important person for that hour what's the point?

Because she is afraid you may say something she won't like? Sounds to me these sessions are a wasted exercise if you are not able to build a relationship of trust with your psych. Probably better she goes in by herself without you....
Have you any say in it at all? Sorry about all those questions, I don't mean to be nosy and I don't know the circumstances btut the whole set up seems rather strange

Latest posts

Back