I'm going to plant a garden for my bunns!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2snowbunnies

Reaction score
In the spring.

My hubby says he will turn a plot on the property and put an enclosre around it. That way I can plant veggies for my babies so they can have their own snack garden.

This is a big deal. Why? Becasue my DH is not an animal person...AT ALL.

He has never like any of my animals. But he always mentions when he comes into my office that the bunnies are cute. And now he offered a garden.

Its so sweet of him. he's a big guy and seeing him w/ the baby bunnies is so cute.

So I'm asking your bunns....If you could have any veegies you wanted in your own garden...what would they be and why?

Hi, I've grown dill, parsley, carrots, basil, marigold flowers.

All our buns love these herbs/veggies,. Buttercup and daisy Mae LOVE Marigold flowers and they also say it's suppose to keep bugs away. I don't know if thats true but it also looks nice in the garden as it gives it some colour.

Susan:apollo:

Marigolds do keep the insects away. Have you ever smelled them? P-U!

I think we're doing a small garden, too. I'd love to turn the rabbits loose in it after everything comes up!

They'll think they've died and gone to heaven!

That's exactly what I want to do. Their own little veggie paradise.

I'm going to do a garden for myself as well.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi, I've grown dill, parsley, carrots, basil, marigold flowers.

All our buns love these herbs/veggies,. Buttercup and daisyMae LOVE Marigold flowers and they also say it's suppose to keep bugsaway. I don't know if thats true but it also looks nice inthe garden as it gives it some colour.

Susan:apollo:
i agree with the dill and marigold flowers. . . those are my rabbits fav!

bonding_3_1.jpg

yum, marigold

Very cool....i too am planning on making a veggie garden come this next spring. I have parrots too that eat fresh veggies so we will actually safe quite a bit of money on growing veggies ourself. Tabitha will eat a dinner plate size of veggies everyday.

Hmm, I might have to try the marigold flowers next year!

Last summer I planted a whole bunch of stuff but not all the herbs came up well. Cilantro and Italian parsley came up very well and I got multiple cuttings out of that. Buns didn't like the mint. Basil and a couple other herbs didn't come up. I also planted several rows of lettuce several weeks apart, so when one finished the next was ready to harvest. I planted a very yummy mesclun mix that had a little spinach in it, and I think the other was black headed simpson lettuce which is similar to green leaf. The collards grew like crazy, and I'll probably plant kale next year too. Oh, and the buns also got the greens from the radishes and carrots. Mmm mmm good!

Latest posts

Back