I'm going on a rescue mission

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww thank you guys, you are all so sweet -but you know any of you would have done the same thing in my situation.;)We are all bunny lovers after all.:biggrin2:

But stop trying to tempt me to keep him.:nonono:Ok, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't fallen in love with him, but the only way I'd consider keeping him was if he would bond with Millie, and I'm not sure he would.:? (He is young, un-neutered, and never stops moving, whileMillie is 6, spayed, lazy - and needs a nice quiet bun to keep her company.;))

I do agree with you guys that this is some kind of sign though, as I'd heard about him while Ruby was ill, but as I was so busy with Rubes I never had a chance to think about him. It was just yesterdaywhen he really needed a home that I remembered about him. I don't know if this little guys purpose is to stay with me, or just to teach me that it's ok to get another bun for Millie, but whateverit is I have a feeling Ruby has something to do with it.:):bunnyhug:

I'm glad you see what we do in that we think (at least some of us) that it's got Ruby's paw all over it! LOL! She may know more than you about Millie. Sometimes an older, quieter animal benefits from a younger more energetic one. My mom had that happen with 2 dogs and we thought one of them wouldn't make it 6 mos and she lived another 3 years!!! cause she got a puppy and loved her!

Again, whatever the reason, he came to you for at least a time. I'm really happy to know so many caring people who go out of their way to help another bunny. Even if I know them only online - it's good.

Sorry to always reference my ratties, but I've had them for many more years and it's where my experience is. But with them, sometimes a youngster can really help perk an older one up a bit. It can sometimes give them a new lease on life and you might be surprised that Ian could be just what Millie needs. And I bet, if Ruby sent him to you, she had Millie in mind as well. ;)

Not to continue to try and tempt you though. But he sure is a beautiful little bunny. :)

I'm just seeing this, and I must say that I agree that sweet Ruby is playing a part in all this :).

Jess, you are an angel for taking him on at this time, so soon after losing Ruby. And what an absolutely gorgeous boy he is. I would just take each day as it comes, and see how all 3 of you feel about each other. It's quite possible a new, younger addition could be just what Millie needs - you will know!

Hugs to you all

Jan

Thank you guys.:)Ahhh, I don't know. My mum's friend would love to have him (and she is rabbit crazy so I know she will take good care of him) but she did say I could keep him on if I wanted... I don't know! I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him a little bit, but I just don't know if this is the guy for Millie (and my situation, ie if he didn't bond with Millie, I don't have time for twounbonded rabbitspermanently, and Millie has to come first.:?).

That being said, he was circling my feet before.:D:heartbeat:

Its worth a try Jess, nothing ventured nothing gained, sometimes it gives an older bunny a new lease of life and sometimes it settles the younger one down anyway it will maybe amuse millie lol. And at least you have anther home lined up so its open to you :)

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Thank you guys.:)Ahhh, I don't know. My mum's friend would love to have him (and she is rabbit crazy so I know she will take good care of him) but she did say I could keep him on if I wanted... I don't know! I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him a little bit, but I just don't know if this is the guy for Millie (and my situation, ie if he didn't bond with Millie, I don't have time for twounbonded rabbitspermanently, and Millie has to come first.:?).

That being said, he was circling my feet before.:D:heartbeat:
awwwwwwwww he loves you! I hope whatever happens that he's happy, you are happy and Millie is happy.

Maybe you can make arrangements with your Mom's friend so that you could attempt a bonding and if it doesn't work she could take him and if it does you can keep him?

Seems like a good solution to me :dunno

He is adorable. I LOVE him already....you sound like you do too :p!

I also say "give it a-go" and see if Millie falls in love. Maybe Ruby sent him just for Millie. Isn't it worth a shot to find out?

:biggrin2:

I know what you guys are saying,:hug: but I'm just not sure how this would all work out.:?He only looks a few weeks old, so I would have to wait for him to be old enough to neuter, then neuter him, then bond him to Millie. So we are talking a few months here.:?

Plus I have been thinking a lot and I think I am going to try and get Millie a friend. To be honest I don't know if she will bond, but I feel so sorry for her on her own I have to give ita shot. However, I don't want her to have to wait months to find out, it's not fair on Millie, andshewill alwayscome first to me.

I'm not saying definitely no to this little guy, but I'm not saying yes either. We'll have to see.:)I'm also taking him to the vets tomorrow for a check up and myxi jab so he can move outside and have more space (right now he has to stay in his original cage when I'm at school and at night - and although it isn't tiny it is way too small for a bun with his much energy!)

Oh! he's really young!

You know, it might be a good idea to find her a rescue or something. She seems to be very nurturing and you could always work with a rescue and let her have playdates a few times before deciding :)

If he already has a home to go to - you might well be on the right track with all of this.... we're all just meddling LOL!

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I know what you guys are saying,:hug: but I'm just not sure how this would all work out.:?He only looks a few weeks old, so I would have to wait for him to be old enough to neuter, then neuter him, then bond him to Millie. So we are talking a few months here.:?

Plus I have been thinking a lot and I think I am going to try and get Millie a friend. To be honest I don't know if she will bond, but I feel so sorry for her on her own I have to give ita shot. However, I don't want her to have to wait months to find out, it's not fair on Millie, andshewill alwayscome first to me.

I'm not saying definitely no to this little guy, but I'm not saying yes either. We'll have to see.:)I'm also taking him to the vets tomorrow for a check up and myxi jab so he can move outside and have more space (right now he has to stay in his original cage when I'm at school and at night - and although it isn't tiny it is way too small for a bun with his much energy!)

Maybe once he has had his myxi shot and check up he could live right next door to Millie where they can be close and slowly get to know one another. I've always introduced new bunnies that way - cages right next to one another - before I attempt the real thing. That would allow you to see if they might at least have an interest in one another. Bunnies are good at letting you know if they feel love or loathing.

He is cute. And whether or not you keep him, I do believe he's in your life for a reason. Did Ruby send him? Maybe. Or perhaps it's what Ruby taught you during her life that sensitized you to the needs of this little guy. However things work out, I wish you the best.

-Mary Ellen

Aww he's a cutie Jess!

You know...it's supposed to beeasier to bond baby rabbits to older rabbits...the older rabbit will accept it better at it's presents less of a threat...then get him neutered later when he's old enough... :lookaround

:sigh:I don't know what I am going to do with Millie, she hates me at the moment. Whenever I go out to see her she goes into a rage and starts digging up her hutch and chucking her toys around. She even lunged at me, which she never used to do.:(

I really just can't she her accepting this little guy. I think I'll just have to take her up to a rescue some timeand see if she accepts any of the buns there.:?

Hopefully once we move this guy outside we can start bringing Millie inside again and give her some extra TLC (although I don't know if she'll accept it!:shock:)

Also - both Millie and Baby bun are at the vets at 9.30 this morning (Millie for her myxi booster) so wish us luck - I don't know what she'll be like in the same car as him.:?

It would be REAL funny if they bond LOL!

What is strange is that I was just thinking of you while reading some of the other threads here. I was wondering how Millie was coming along - guess this answers that question.

I think Millie is just lonely. She had a cuddle friend, another bun to care for - she has lost a lot of who she is.

I know, I feel so bad for her. It'slike I haven't just lost Ruby - I've lost part of Millie too.:(

To let you know the vets went well. Baby bun is definitely a boy, and he is perfectly healthy - as is Millie. Also I had the vet who treated Ruby and she was asking me how Millie and I were doing which was nice of her.

Also - Baby bun's potential owner is coming to see him this afternoon, so we'll see what she thinks of him.;)

Glad to hear that both your buns got a good vet report.

Millie will be okay. It takes time. Bunnies can grieve hard (we've been through it). And if she's used to some indoor time and hasn't been getting it, then she's probably doubly angry at the world. Oh, and if you smelled at all like Ian when you were out at her hutch...just another reason for her to be peeved at you. How did she react to him during the trip to the vet?

I'm thinking of you and hoping that all works out just as it should! Keep us posted.

-Mary Ellen

Back