I'm going on a rescue mission

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
Well, this is a long story - so I'll give you guys the short version (sorry if it is a bit rambled - I am in a rush!).

A friend of a friend bought a rabbit from pets at home for her little girl, and from what I hear hasn't been taking good care ofhim (the little girl pickedhim up by the scruff of his neck!:shock:). Well, now this girl is 'sick of him' and wants to 'get rid of him' so has dumped him on a friend of my mum's (who somehow thinks that because I lost Ruby I will take him on, I won't even get started with that right now but I am not ready for another bun yet:().

Anyway, although I don't want to keep him, I am really worried about him and his living situationso have agreed to foster him until a permanent home can be found, so we are going to collect him tonight. Poor little guy, I don't know what to expect when I see him! :?

Wish me luck!

Oh Jess, bless your heart:hug:. I know you don't need this right now at all, but it's very thoughtful of you to care about this bun. The darn parents should never have gotten their daughter a bunny, this is what happens!:grumpy:

I hope you find him a nice forever home soon. Can't wait to hear all about him;).

Good Luck!

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I am not ready for another bun yet:().

Anyway, although I don't want to keep him,

hmmmmmmm ...... maybe he's going to change your mind?

Whatever the case - he's going to be one lucky bunny to have you taking care of him!

I hate people that just toss animals as if they mean nothing! It's a good thing her mother doesn't get "tired" of her. :X

Oh bless you for doing that. I hope he is a lovely bun for you, even if you only foster him for a short while.

I wonder what that next girls fad will be, I hope it's just a mobile phone or new shoes - kids like this shouldn't be allowed to have any pets.

Thank you guys, well he is here! He is called Ian, he looks like some kind of lop (I'm thinking maybe a dwarf lop from his more pointy face), he looks quite young, maybe a few weeks old -and he is gorgeous!:inlove:

Ian in the small cage he came in (and he had no hay, no toys - nothing!:shock:)

Iancage.jpg

And the gorgeous boy himself

Ian1.jpg

We also rolled up our rug (so he couldn't wee on it ;)) and let him run about our sitting room for a while. He is so friendly and playful - I can't believe how that stupid woman could just get bored with him. :XAlthough apparently she's done the same thing with a cat and dog - bought them, gotten bored with them and given them away.:X

How could anyone get bored with this lovely boy?:(

Ian2.jpg

Ian3.jpg

Hmm, he is quite small - he is about the size of my foot (and I have size 6 feet) so only little. He is also quite lanky - so definitely looks like a baby.

I know - I can't believe the stupid woman. Poor Ian was hand shy at first (I don't blame him if he had a little kid trying to pick him up all the time:() but after a little while he let me pick him up and have a cuddle. He is sooo lovely - he would make a lovely bun for somebody (and no that somebody isn't me!:p)

Ooo sorry Jordiwes - didn't see your post there. Nope Millie hasn't smelled him yet - he's in the house for now and Millie is outside. It's best becauseseeing as there is so much myxi around I want to take him to the vets and get him vaccinated ASAP before I let him anywhere near Millie (I'm not going to risk losing another bun:().

Oh Jess,you are just so wonderful :hugsquish:

And what a cute little guy Ian is

Good on ya for doing this Jess!

Cheryl

He's the color of my Heidi!!!! He's adorable!

You know, it is very sad and extremely awful that someone did this to that little guy. When I think about it tho, what comes to mind is that Ruby was sick and she couldn't keep going and then right as you lost her- she sent you a new guy to love and care for. A little guy who needed someone like you. I really think that happens.

What a gorgeous boy and so lucky to be with you now! At least now he'll get some good attention and delicious munchables!

By the way: It was awesome of you to do that, really sweet and caring:)

I agree with BBB.....I also believe that dear Ruby has a paw in this little guy finding his way to you. Our beloved furries have a way of sending us someone to care for when they leave us. It happens to me all the time with my dear little ratties. I no sooner have to say good-bye to one, that another in need of a home, comes my way.

Ian is a beautiful bunny...and darn lucky to have found you. :D

Is Millie spayed? Would it be possible that her and little Ian could be friends?

Awwwwwwww he's beautiful!!!!!! :inlove:

How can people can get "bored" with animals. :huhIt's just sickening. :(

I know you said that your not going to keep him, but..... :biggrin2:

*Giggles at the turn of events and thinks Ruby is sending you a message*

He is gorgous and it is very sad that he was discarded like that. However, he's very fortunate that you came along and brought him home. I'm curious to see how Millie will react. I hope everything works out for all of you. :hug:

MsBinky wrote:
*Giggles at the turn of events and thinks Ruby is sending you a message*

Agreed ;)Everything happens for a reason, you know. He is really adorable. I cant believe someone wouldnt want him, hes just beautiful.

Bless your heart, Jess. Youre really a special person.

Aww he's adorable. How can you get sick of a cutie like that? He's sure to find a forever home fast if he hasn't already ;)

Back