I'm going into hospital.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you are feeling a little better this morning. I'm so sorry those nasty drugs upset your stomach. They always do a job on my stomach too!

Did your little "pick-me-ups" from Ebay come yet? It's always fun to do a little self pampering.

:hug:

Aww, thanks you guys, your replies always cheer me up loads :)

My Ebay stuff arrived, woo hoo! Plus my mum got me a face mask aswell. The operation and stuff seems to have made my skin turn terrible (my mum who's a nurse reckons it's to be expected with everything I've been through!), so I'm going to have a little pampering session tomorrow afternoon, and then go round to a mate's house for a couple of hours in the evening, and try to cheer myself up. I expect it'll wipe me out so much that I'll be a write off Saturday, and you'll have a million posts from me all over this forum all day!

I felt a little better this afternoon, so I got some grids, and made a massive run for the bunnies, all cable tied together, with a little latch at the front. If it's not raining tomorow I'm going to put them in it in the garden! Obviously they have to be supervised in it, but it's 2 grids high so they can't jump out, and I just can't wait to see how they like it! I think that seeing them happy cheers me up and makes me feel better...how silly is that lol!

Anyway, after all that I've felt rubbish again this evening, so I've been lying on the sofa watching tv to rest a bit... the painkillers don't seem to be making me as groggy though, which is a good thing!

Thanks again for all your support guys, I love this place! It really means alot to me!:)

Do you still have a fever? If you do, you might need to see the doc. Could be an infection.

Also, have someone make sure there are no red streaks near the incision - blood poisoning...... that's not likely but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Gosh I hope you feel better soon!!!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Do you still have a fever? If you do, you might need to see the doc. Could be an infection.

Also, have someone make sure there are no red streaks near the incision - blood poisoning...... that's not likely but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Gosh I hope you feel better soon!!!

Hey, that point about the fever is a good one. For the past 3 days I've been complaining non stop about how hot it is and literally sweating with the heat when Steve has been freezing... The nurses have said that it all looks clean and healthy though...

I'll mention it to my mum in the morning and see what she thinks. She thinks I should cut down on the painkillers though, and she's right, but it's just too much pain!

I've also had problems in the past where I've become allergic to the sticky tape and dressings they use, and had really bad excema, I've had a bit of itchyness, so I really hope that doesn't happen again- it's a real pain in the butt! LOL! :laughsmiley:

At least I still have a terrible sense of humour... :rollseyes

Glad to hear your feeling a little better :DOohhh you will have to post us some pics of them enjoying their run. Good ol' mum for looking after you! :biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
I've also had problems in the past where I've become allergic to the sticky tape and dressings they use, and had really bad excema, I've had a bit of itchyness, so I really hope that doesn't happen again- it's a real pain in the butt! LOL! :laughsmiley:

I am allergic to the latex bandages and tape. I have to have all paper or I get huge welts.

Silly girl..... it's not a terrible sense of humour.... it's a good one!

mouse_chalk wrote:it's a real pain in the butt! LOL! :laughsmiley:

Hey, yaknow we have to laugh at something! I really hope you're feeling better by today. I have a friend that went through the same thing for a number of years. We used to visit her to try and keep her spirits up. (She didn't have bunnies, so I'd bring one over for a visit. Then I'd listen to her mom kvetch cause the bunny pooped on the floor... but she never said I couldn't bring them!)

:hug: Feel better hun... tough to keep a good girl down!

Aww...that stinks to hear that you're having such a hard time...but it's wonderful to hear that your mum's around to help and cheer you up with things! :)

Hugs!!!

Hi guys! :)

Well my pampering day tuned into lots of little separate pampering 'events' as I didn't feel up to doing the whole thing, so I did the face mask on Friday, and deep-conditioned my hair today, and I'm going to do my nails later tonight :)I thought it might be nice to have a nice hot bath, with candles and everything, but then I remembered how painful that might be! :shock:

The painkillers sort of lost their effect- they weren't really helping with the pain anymore, so I didn't take them for a few days, and I've just taken some this afternoon- WOOSH! I'm on my back again!

I'm playing with the rabbits lots though- they're still making their sofa visits and even sitting on my for cuddles, and watching tons of cookery programs which is cheering me up lots- so whilst I don't feel much better physically, I don't feel nearly as down as I did last week! :)

Thank you again for all your support and well wishes, they all really mean a lot to me! :hug:

Hi Amy! :wave:

I've just got back from the doctors this morning and I can't believe how painful it is still! I'm taking the strongest dose of painkillers I can and it still hurts! Getting in and out of the car is a nightmare, and if we happen to go over any bumps or potholes on the way to the doctor- OOOOOUUUUUUCH! :(

I had an MRI scan yesterday for the dizziness I've had for the past year- that was not fun either. Apart from the fact I had to lie on my back for about half an hour, which hurt like hell, the whole thing made the room spin left to right, and up and down aswell! :shock:

I'm supposed to have a meeting with this woman from the insurance company about my absence from work- they're processing a claim that could pay 50% of my income for a while whilst I'm off sick (I'm currently not getting anything other than statutory sick pay, which is about a 1/4 of my normal income!), and she wants to see a 'diary' of the past month or so, on how I've been feeling every day. Erm, well I haven't really written it at all! :?Not sure what I'm going to do...she's going to be here in an hour!!! I'm thinking maybe just scribble stuff down and hope for the best? She said in her last report after our first meeting that 'the therapist noted that Jennifer did not display any visible signs of the symptoms she mentioned' so I'm going to have to look super ill! But that wont be too hard, I'm shaking, got a temperature, feel sick and soooo dizzy!

EEEEEEEEEK! I'm scared! Off to try and make up a diary now...wish me luck!:?

xx

You are in so much pain, the room spins during your MRI, you're taking the highest dose of painkiller, you can't even ride in the carand she wants you to keep a DIARY???? (Well... isn't that special! :foreheadsmack:)

Hope her visit goes well for you... moan a lot!

BlueGiants wrote:
You are in so much pain, the room spins during your MRI, you're taking the highest dose of painkiller, you can't even ride in the carand she wants you to keep a DIARY???? (Well... isn't that special! :foreheadsmack:)

Hope her visit goes well for you... moan a lot!

LOL Bluegiants!

The room doesn't even just spin during an MRI, it spins pretty much all the time- just much worse with the machine whurring and the horrible noise it makes!

Yeah, I can't believe she wants me to keep a diary- daily! I ended up just writing loads of scribbles like 'very bad today- vomiting, very unsteady. Fell over' and changing the words round every day- I left out loads of days though and said I just couldn't get the energy to write on that day... :?Luckily she wasn't here too long, she loved the rabbits though lol! Always a good conversation starter! :)

She's not at all sympathetic though- I explained I'd have to pretty much lie down on my side during the meeting as I find it too painful to sit and she said 'oh, ok' and that was it! She had to make notes about the operation etc, but no niceties or anything, she was just really indifferent! :(

Anyway, it's over now...I feel rubbish, but she's got her diary!

Wow...yeah, I've heard that insurance people have to really keep from being too emotional toward people they'll have to pay. If it makes sense, they don't want to sound too concerned or sympathetic, in case the person is lying about things (not to say you ARE...just that she has to be careful about that), so they don't give the impression something is going to happen, if they find out later on that it won't.

Anyway, I hope things improve...all that pain is so frustrating when you want to be able to get up and do various things...:(

Hugs to you!!

Rosie*

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I wish you felt better! :(

So do I! :(:)

OH MY GOD I JUST WROTE A BIG LONG POST AND ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT ALL!!!!! SOOOO MAD!

:pullhair:

I'll try to re-create it...

I just want to say, that this forum has REALLY kept me going. I already knew that RO was full of very knowledgable people willing to give helpful advice on rabbit care, but I hadn't realised how supportive this forum was. I mean, I knew how supportive everyone is from reading threads in the Infirmary, Rainbow Bridge, and here, etc, but I've never experienced how nice it feels to receive the support myself, personally. (Really struggling to remember what I'd written- grrrrr!) I've had a rough time recently, but it's not really that much compared to what others have been through. Everytime I see that someone has replied to this thread, with some nice words of comfort, or an attempt to cheer me up, I get this warm feeling inside (sorry, I know that sounds cheesy, but I can't think of any other way of saying it!), to know that people on the other side of the country/world are wishing me well and care about how I'm doing. I know that this thread should probably have died long ago, and when you guys get your email notifications, you think 'oh, great, isn't she better yet?!?!', but I just can't resist posting how I am on here, because I feel comfortable doing it. I've never been one to stick around forums for long-I usually find them to 'cliquey', and get scared and never post. And I do still feel kind of scared about RO- I'm relatively new, and don't know people very well, and don't consider myself knowledgeable or brave enough to post on many threads, but I think that everyone here is so friendly and supportive, it's hard not to want to stay (and check the forum day and night, lol!)

So, I just want to say, that please nobody underestimate what you say on here, because I truly appreciate every word of it, and it's really cheering me up :)

Ok, soppy moment over everyone! :p

Jen xx

Latest posts

Back