I'm going into hospital.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well the title is fairly self-explanatory- I have to go into hospital tomorrow! :(

I've got an abcess on my lower back, and it needs to be cut open and drained etc... I've had the operation done 5 TIMES in the past, since I was 17, and it had healed upand gone away this time... Or so I thought!

Last night it swelled up and became extremely painful, and I ended up at the emergency doctors getting antibiotics. It wasn't any better this morning so I went to see my doctor who took one look at me and sent me into hospital! I then sat on a trolley bed for 4 hours until a doctor eventually looked at me and told me to come back at 7.30am tomorrow and they'll operate as a day case....

So, even though I might be home tomorrow night, I might not be on here for a few days, sob! It's really painful to sit up at the moment (got lots of painkillers though :biggrin2:) but I might move my laptop upstairs while I'm in bed or something lol!

So wish me luck with the pain! And sorry if it grosses anyone out lol...

Jen

Do you have Pilonidal Cysts?

Oh that does sound painful - good luck. I know what it's like having to have repeat surgeries on something... and having to go to the hosptial for anything is never any fun! I'll be thinking about you!

OUCH! You poor thing! Sending healing thoughts and healing vibes. Good luck tomorrow. Hope the pain isn't too bad... :hug:

:sickbunny: Need a nurse????

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Do you have Pilonidal Cysts?

:baghead

Lol, yes Bo I do! :(I always avoid using the actual phrase, cos either people have never heard of it before, and I have to explain and it's all a bit embarrasing, or just telling people in the first place is a bit embarrasing lol! They just seem to come and go all the time...

And the pain was really bad, but I've been given Tramadol, which is BRILLIANT for the pain, although not so good as it made me very sick and pass out! And all the time I was sat in the hospital waiting to hear what they were gonna do I was just thinking 'how am I going to find out what's happening on RO?!'

I'm supposed to be getting up very early tomorrow but can't sleep cos of the pain and I'm worrying about it, so I'm going to stay up as late as possible I think! Thanks for the good thoughts guys! :hug:xx

:hug: and:pray: for you...

And lots of:hearts , too!!

Aww hun, that's so painful! My niece had it a few years ago and she still has a hard time with her surgery site - she had a horrible one!

We feared my daughter had one due to tail bone pain recently. They are hereditary.

How old are you? do you have children (sorry I can't remember !)

I can't believe you've had it 5 times!!! Do they actually cut it open there or do they drain it?

A surgeon described that tissue as trying to mend wet tissue paper with needle and thread.

:hug: Get better soon

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Aww hun, that's so painful! My niece had it a few years ago and she still has a hard time with her surgery site - she had a horrible one!

We feared my daughter had one due to tail bone pain recently. They are hereditary.

How old are you? do you have children (sorry I can't remember !)

I can't believe you've had it 5 times!!! Do they actually cut it open there or do they drain it?

A surgeon described that tissue as trying to mend wet tissue paper with needle and thread.

:hug: Get better soon

I'm 23, and no kids, thank god!

I can't believe it either, this will be the 6th one tomorrow, I'm worried but I'm kind of used to it now- as soon as I saw it last night (in the mirror lol!), I said to Steve 'I bet I end up having an operation this week'. :(

They cut it open, and leave it to heal, rather than closing it, as like you said, it's just not possible to stitch it! Not to freak anyone out or anything, but I've had wounds the size of my fist with it before- that was screaming agony! I seriously wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy (except maybe that woman who dumped the bunny that Angoragrl caught! ;))

Luckily I'll have a nursemad to help me, in the form of Steve who has been looking after me all evening already, bless him! :)

That is SO weird! My niece is about 25 now and she had hers about 21 years old. Just for further information - they suggested that she be sure to take Folic Acid before ever having children because it's a type of neural tube defect.

They stapled hers after they drained it like they are doing with yours. She had to have her mom help her for a long time. She had to have feminine pads taped to her wound.

Don't be embarassed. That's a HORRIBLE and painful condition! and surgery.

Just because it's at the tailbone.... well.... we all got a butt! I'm sorry yours is so sore!!!

LOL! You're right there!

Thanks though, that gave me a much needed giggle- although it did take a lot of effort being so drugged up on the painkillers!

I'm going to get some sleep as I have to be there in 7 hours- no more food or drink for me! :(

I'll try and get on tomorrow though, cos I'll miss it too much!

Thank you so muchfor all the kind thoughts people!

xx

Oww poor you i have the same prob except that i havent had to have it operated on it only gets uncomfterble when i sit still for ages my brother has had to have his operated on. I hope you fell a bit better soon.

Ooohh Jen, that sounds just awful - how painful that must be. I guess you've had your surgery now,so I am praying for a quick recovery, as pain free as possible.

Don't worry about missing too much on the Forum - we will try and keep you updated :). Just take care and get better soon :hug:

Jan

Awww hun,

I can't believe I missed this post! I have only just seen it. I guess youhave had it done now. I hope you get better soon and that it went well :hug:.

Well I have something that might cheer you up a little. I have posted the pics of Dexter now :Dand I put a pic of the cage onjust for you :biggrin2:. Now its all done with you can get Steve to run around for you... It is also a good excuse to do some online shopping (Steve can't moan either because your recovering and need your rest lol)

Take care and feel better soon,

Love Amy, Jess and Dexterxxx

Here's the link to pics xx

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=32560&forum_id=1

Thinking of you this morning! Feel better soon Jen! :hug:

Latest posts

Back