I'm getting so frustrated with my shy bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dittani

Reaction score
We've had Noonoo and Nala for about 4 months now, and whilst Noonoo wasted no time in becoming my boisterous little boy, Nala is still incredibly nervous around my fiance and I. I've read everything there is on shy bunnies and tried everything they've suggested (lying on the floor for ages and letting them sniff and climb all over me), only approaching her slowly and gently, having quiet time with just me and her, *everything*) yet still she runs and hides when I go near her.

Right now they're being treated for chronic inner-ear infections, so unfortunately we have to put her in the bunny burrito twice a week for ear drops, and I know that this really stresses her out and makes her trust us even less, but what am I to do? The only way that Nala and I can snuggle is if I trance her, but that sometimes freaks her out even more, because she'll forget where she is and fall asleep, then when I wake her she'll be majorly pi$$ed off and scared, and start stomping then run away.

*sigh* I just don't know what I can do. Noonoo isn't scared of me, infact he clearly thinks he's dominant over me. The only person he listens to is my fiance, whom Noonoo recognises as the Alpha in our warren. I'm just the sucker who gives him treats and whom he'll permit to perform the occasional ear rub.
I know that I won't be able to change Noonoo's behaviour around me, because they're bonded twins that go everywhere together, and it's impossible for me to appear gentle to Nala without Noonoo interpreting this as submission to him. :?

Any ideas?

I've has Zoey for almost 10 months now and she is still shy. I can't touch her for the most part. It's just how some rabbits are. She did get better but she reverted back after her spay, I still hope that in the next year she will change but I'm not holding my breath.

Hi Dittani, I know exactly what you are going thru. Our Wilbur & Jackie (brother/sister, I say boyfriend/girlfriend) are the exact same. Jackie very seldom lets us pet her she always runs away. Wilbur will let us get a pet in once in awhile.

My poor husband, when he has to cut their nails, we put Jackie in a towel, needless to say the nice blue towel we use for her has many holes in it now thanks to her chewing it.

We have come to the conclusion that we are their only to feed and clean up after her. But that's ok because she is so darn cute.

Soooska

Latest posts

Back