I Would Like You All To Meet "Haley"!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But she didn't come from a pet store. She came from a friend who sells to pet stores, however, he had just picked her up from the breeder this morning.

But Bunny, your girl was probably weaned at about 5 weeks. Mine was weaned about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks. Much younger than yours. I don't want to own a rabbit that may end up dying in a few years because she has a weak immune system. Or own a rabbit that is more prone to illness than others, then gets sick and passes it on to Harper.

I know,the pet shops here in Australia,Adelaide want all little baby bunnies because they are just more appealing to the customer,every pet shop that i go to i ask how old are the bunnies and they say 6 weeks old,but i'm sure they are a little younger than that

When i bought Pippi from the pet shop he fit in the palm of my hand:shock:, i couldn't just leave him there as he was the smallest one there and i just didn't know what kind of family he would have went to so i quickly grabbed him.

I'm sure Haley will be ok,just keep an eye on her

cheryl

A friend who raises rabbits said I could feed it kitten milk with colostrum in it. Or, I could use this rabbit/guinea pig replacement milk at the pet pharmacy here, which has beneficial bacteria and colostrum. She said I could do that for a week or two.What do you guys think?

Hi, we got our little buttercup whrn he was 5 weeks old. He will be 8 this August.

He's had no real health problems, just the usual stuff that is usually xcured by Bio Best yogurt. (a vet told us about the yogurt)

Soooska

She was weaned at three and a half to four weeks old? Wow that is young, my babies are three weeks and a day old and and only just started to nibble the hay every now and then. She should be alright though, it's not the best thing to wean a rabbit that young but they can live happy normal lives. All my rabbits as a kid were bought from pet stores at 5 weeks old as we didn't know any better back then and all lived long happy lives. Someone a bit better with this sort of thing might be able to help you.

By the way are you sure she is a holland lop? She has a very long pointy nose. Very gorgeous though but I would ber a bit iffy about her breeding. I have had rabbit babies that are holland crossed with minis and even their noses weren't as long and pointy.

I got Pebbles from my cousin when she was older than 5 weeks, maybe closer to 7 and I didn't have a problem. My cousin said they were all eating solid food and not nursing, so she said it would be ok for her to be weaned.

MyBoyHarper wrote:
A friend who raises rabbits said I could feed it kitten milk with colostrum in it. Or, I could use this rabbit/guinea pig replacement milk at the pet pharmacy here, which has beneficial bacteria and colostrum. She said I could do that for a week or two.What do you guys think?

There is absolutely not reason to consider it for a healthy bunny of her age.

Pam

Back