I Would Like You All To Meet "Haley"!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm very proud to announce the newest addition to the household. This is Haley. She's 5 weeks old, and she's a little bundle of Holland Lop joy!

haley1small.jpg

haley2small.jpg

haley3small.jpg

Only one ear is flopping at the moment, the other one hasn't decided what it wants to do yet, LOL. Her ears are a little confused. :D

Well, I called a friend of mine who owns a rabbit and rodent store a few hours away. He sells to pet shops. I called him over a month ago and told him one day I would like a lop bunny. I figured he had forgotten, and never thought twice about it. Well, I was in my old job earlier, and he come walking through the door holding a little lop bunny. He was bringing it to the store to see if they wanted it to sell. Then he remembered I wanted one and goes, "Oh my goodness, here take her! She's 5 weeks old, and she's little girl! Pure Holland Lop, papers and all."

I think it was way more than a coincidence! Talk about being at the right place at the right time! He and I couldn't have been more thrilled.

I already bought the alfalfa pellets, and I'm going to get the hay in just a minute from Petsmart. I, too, thought she was very young to be away from mom. However, he said she was eating food, and had been for nearly 2 weeks.

Awww she is just the sweetest little girl,look at that cute wittle face,it feels like i just wanna scoop her up and give her a cuddle,she is soooo pretty:)

some little man is going to be happy;)

cheryl

Thanks Cheryl! I am still in "cuteness overload" right now, LOL! Harper will be very happy, however, he is going to have to wait for a while. Right now, Haley is in her own cage, and will be introduced to Harper when she gets a bit bigger. Right now, she is too small for him, and I don't want him to accidentally hurt her.

Will do! I'll use any excuse to give her extra smooches! Oh my goodness, she is just so adorable!! *Sqeuals!* Can you tell I am so freakin' excited?!

Harper hasn't met her yet, but I am going to let them sniff each other through the bars later.

She is such a darling! I can't wait to see LOTS *hint hint in advance* of pictures! Just a note, they only stay that little for a few weeks.. so take LOTS of pictures!! :D

She sure is a cutie pie! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Oh my gosh!!! What an adorable baby!!!!

I thought I would put this in pink for your new baby girl. :)

What a cutie!!! And what a wonderful story...I'm so happy you found a little friend for Harper...he'll be so thrilled when he gets to meet her. :)

Welcome home, little Harley sweetheart!!!

I fully agree Pipp, I was shocked when he told me her age. And then he said the lady he got her from (some breeder) actually seperates the rabbits starting at 4 weeks. I thought that was waayyy too young! :shock:

Pipp, I just looked at that link. I had no idea she should've stayed with momma until 8 weeks, oh my god!! Does this mean she is going to die? Is she going to be okay??

At five weeks old, she's far too young to be away from her mother, so may very well have problems. I do believe her immune system would be compromised at that age. Coming from a pet store compounds that problem.You'd be well advised to keep a very close eye on that bunny.

Sorry, but I find the pet store and the pet owners that purchase them in these cases incredibly irresponsible, a thought that's been traditionally shared on this board since its inception.

It's sad that all the education we try to do here is all for naught.

sas

Don't panic. I think she should be fine. I brought BlueBelle home when she was about 6 1/2 -7 weeks. She was fine. I asked the breeder why she could be brought home so soon and she said the mother had stopped nursing them. She also said the litter was eating solid food, but the mother started eating all the food so she and the babies had to be separated. They had been separate for about a week and seemed to be doing fine so the breeder said it was all right for them to got to new homes.CupCake is great too and she also camefrom the same litter I just brought her home a little later.

I don't know the full situation of your little girl, but I think she should be fine. Just keep a really close eye on her she may be a little more prone to illness than other rabbits.

Lissa

Oops Sas you type faster than me.

But I agree keep a very close eye on her. But I'm afraid there isn't really much else you can do for her. That's why I tend to stay away from pet shops. The rabbits they have there are so young looking it makes me sad to think that they are already away from their mothers.

Latest posts

Back