I wish to identify the breed of this young rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband and I was informed by our friend that their boss, our neighbor, had a small rabbit in his yard that came out of nowhere. We don't know the age, sex, or breed. We cannot keep them as we already have our four main, but I wish some idea as to what breed it may be so when I turn them over to the shelter, when they open, they would have some accurate information other than "bunny rabbit". It's probably a mix breed. Apologies for the mess in the images. We had to find somewhere safe to put them, fast, where Xiao Wu won't hurt them.

1691714665191.png
1691714687931.png
If this is not the right place in this scenario, please let me know and move the thread to the appropriate section. Thank you.

Imo all that can be said is that the colour is broken black, that he is not a dwarf, rex or so. I would say a mix with good, healthy proportions, and rather small :). What is his weight?
It's a shot in the dark and can be way off but I would have guessed his age between 4-6 months, the time when mine first grow and then start to fill out that lanky frame, but I have no first experience with smaller rabbits (mine are in the 10lbs range).

With rabbits, "breed" doesn't really mean as much as it does with dogs.

Imo all that can be said is that the colour is broken black, that he is not a dwarf, rex or so. I would say a mix with good, healthy proportions, and rather small :). What is his weight?
It's a shot in the dark and can be way off but I would have guessed his age between 4-6 months, the time when mine first grow and then start to fill out that lanky frame, but I have no first experience with smaller rabbits (mine are in the 10lbs range).

With rabbits, "breed" doesn't really mean as much as it does with dogs.
Artemis (yes, we named them Artemis) is about half the size of Loki, who is a mini rex. VERY small. We don't know an exact weight but guessing about a 1lb (0.45kg), if that. We'll have Artemis seen by our vet first before we take them to the shelter. We'll be able to get a gender and approximate age by then.

Back