I was too upset to tell you all before but now I'm ready

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
I did something really stupid. Most ofyou know about Rice and Beans, my two female rabbits who share abedroom together. I have to keep one in a cage while theother one is out because they don't get along. I've triedbonding sessions several times to no avail. Well, about amonth ago, I was running late for work and rushed around and didn'tsecure Beans' cage tightly enough without realizing it. WhenI got home, Rice's fur was all over the room and she was in a cornerall startled with a bad slash through her eye. I criedhysterically and was so upset I was literally shaking. Icalled my fiance and he rushed over. We brought her to thevet and he looked her over and the next day I brought her again to getstitches. The stitches are now removed and she looks great,like nothing happened. My question is, she obviously had beenterrorized by Beans that WHOLE day, trying to run away from her andfighting like crazy.....i fear now that she will never forget and thatthere is absolutely no hope in having them ever be bonded. Ithink they now officially hate eachother.....am i right? Isthere no hope now?

I'm so sorry this happened. You wereactually lucky as it could have been much worse. I think atthis point it's best not to try bonding them. Maybe you couldtry a long time from now to give them time to forget, but since you'vebeen having trouble bonding them anyway it looks like they might havenever bonded anyway.

Thanks, I was a real wreck when I got home andsaw that. I'm just happy that she is ok but I would reallylike for her to havea bunny friend, but apparently Beans isnot the pal for her. :(

What a scare you must have got when you saw Rice like that - thank goodness there was no lasting damage.

I agree with Naturestee in that I would give it some time before evenattempting to bond them again. I have to say that it doesn't sound toopromising that they will eventually bond, but, hopefully, I'll bewrong. Give your babies (especially Rice) lots of love and reassurance- and kisses from me!

Jan

Thanks guys - I agree. It doesn't lookto promising. I'm so upset about this. And you areboth right about the fact that it could have been worse. Tobe honest when I saw her fur all over the room, I thought I would besearching for a dead rabbit. I can't even explain the horrorI felt. I think I was just so happy to see her alive thatthat's why I started shaking uncontrollably. I was literallycrying hysterically. I think I even scared myfiance. I'm just happy she's ok. She was binkyinglike crazy in yesterday in the living. I cant wait to gethome and go see her (and evil Beans too). Do you guys think Ishould try taking her to a shelter and seeing who she bonds with andget another rabbit? Would this be unfair to Beans??

Edit - Oh, and I will be sure to give Rice lots and lots of kisses from you!!!

I'm so glad to hear Rice is ok. That must havebeen so stressful for you finding her like that . Givethelittle sweetiea nose rub for me :kiss:

May be worth it for Rice she might like aboyfriend:hug: But I would keep a very close eye on Beans if your goingto introduce another bun.Just have to make surebeans dosn't feel left out.

Lis wrote:
Maybe worth it for Rice she might like a boyfriend:hug: But I would keep avery close eye on Beans if your going to introduce anotherbun.Just have to make sure beans dosn't feel leftout.
Yea, that's what im afraid. I dont wantBeans to feel left out but honestly, i dont think she is the type ofbunny that can be bonded with anyone. she justhas to strong a personality. Rice on the other hand i thinkneeds another bunny. such a dilema!

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that happened! Poor Rice! But I'm glad that she's okay now!

Honestly I probably wouldn't try to bond them after that. She mayalways remember that incedent. Sometimes the whole bonding thing justdoesn't work out, no matter how hard we try. Just like people rabbitscan all be so different. They may just not like eachother, or they maybe rabbits that just do better alone. Which is fine, I think rabbitscan be very happy without being bonded. So don't feel bad there!

If you do decide to try again, I would give it some time. Good luck!

Since they don't like eachother, do you guysthink its stressing them out to share a bedroom? I alwayskeep one in the cage while the other is out. I used to thinkthat at least they can SEE another bunny and have someone there duringthe day instead of being by themself even if they dont like eachotherbut now I'm wondering if I should be keeping them totallyseparated. what do you think??

Aww, poor Rice...glad to hear she's doing oknow, though! I can't imagine how scary and upsetting thatmust have been for you. I'm glad to hear that she's okay now,though.

I don't know much about bonding...I have two females that are bothunder the age of being able to get spayed right now, and haven'tattempted anything in that arena yet (and won't until they're bothspayed, and hormones are no longer an issue).

I just wanted to send you guys some love!! :):group

:rainbow::pink iris::inlove::love::sunshine::purplepansy::heart::kiss::groupparty::hug::hearts:heartbeat
Maisie and Flower send their love, too...:bunnyheart:bunnyheart

P.S. Don't be embarassed about it. We're always here for you,and love you dearly, even if you make any mistakes.I mean, heck, we all do, don't we? :hearts:

May be worth a try before getting another, but Idon't know much about bonding as only hav had one bun at atime. Wish I could hav more bunny friends though.

Latest posts

Back