I want a bunny and found him.. but..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaevePotter

Reaction score
my boyfriend says absolutely not!:cry1:I mean either this bunny is the friendliest bunny everor he really really wants to go home with me. I volunteer atthe humane society and thats how I found him... He's my perfect bunnytype too, he's a mini rex with really pretty brown fur and he's just asweetheart.

Seriously... he LICKED MY HAND! talk about playing the cute card! Evilbunny, evil! He knew what he was doing! Not being shy like other bunnysbut hopping on and off my lap, coming up and letting me pet him,frickin licking my hand while I petted his head!
doh.gif
:meltsdies: This is not just any bunny! He even seemed bummed thatI was putting him back in his cage and thrust his head at me throughthe bars and let me pet him some more. The bunny even let me trancehim! ARHHHH!!!
heart.gif
heart.gif
heart.gif
DidI mention he's already neutered?
heart.gif

Do you all think its a sign that he's meant to be mine? He just such asweetheart.. My boyfriend's objection (and the only reason I am lettinghim tell me what to do is because we are now living together in what istechnically his house...) is that I already have 10 rats and not enoughtime, and that we are already shattering the pet rule at this place andhe is all paranoid we will get caught even though its a fricking insidebunny and he won't be approaching any windows! I just want some adviceplease.... I love this little guy and I even have a cage set up..

m54544115.jpg

m54544095.jpg

m54544011.jpg

m54544062.jpg

m54544048.jpg

m54544153.jpg

After viewing those photos, I can see just howdifficult it would be to pass this guy up. However, since youare already in violation of the rental rules at your boyfriend's home,I would highly advise against bringing another animal in, that you mayonly have to part with later. This would be heartbreaking forboth you and the rabbit.

Pam

Oohh what a cute little man! If he's letting youdo all that, he must trust you very much. Thats a rare find, especiallyfor a shelter bunny.

Is there any way the shelter would allow you to foster him so yourboyfriend could get used to the idea and see how much fun having arabbit can be?

I think that if you really want him you should get him. Another goodthing about fostering is that Im sure he would grow on your boyfriend.I live with mine too, and he told me "no more bunnies" after my firsttwo. Well, I got a third anyway and now the boyfriend just loves thislittle bun to pieces!

Good Luck! (and Im jealous..Ive always wanted a rex!)

-Haley

well, I definately would not give him up. Iwould probably take him to my room at my mom's house if anyone ever didfind out, and that is only 20 minutes away from this house so hopefullyit would be fine. If I did have to give him up, which still, I probablynever would, I tend to work out my life around my animals, but if Idid, I would find him a home, not just take him to a shelter.

But I really hate this place, because basically we bought it with alarge deposit, and if we wreck the house we wouldn't be able to sell itfor the same price when we leave, so shouldn't they let us have ourpets without interfearance since the only ones we would be hurting ifwe let them wreck the place is ourselves?

pamnock wrote:
However, since you are already in violation of the rentalrules at your boyfriend's home, I would highly advise against bringinganother animal in, that you may only have to part with later.This would be heartbreaking for both you and the rabbit.

That is a good point that Pam makes. I had two rabbits in a place thatdid not allow pets. Luckily, I was never caught. I had a back up planthough, if the place ever found out my parents said they could staythere.I wouldntbring in more animals if itspossible you might have to give them back.

Another idea is to talk to the landlord. Some places will allow "caged"animals and then just dont tell them how much free time he gets :)

EDIT: we posted at the same time! great idea to have mom as a backup!

I asked the shelter about fostering and theysaid they won't foster anyone out unless they actually needsocialization, and obviously since this bunny is so easy to handle hedoesn't need fostering. Maybe I will call them again and ask...

But do you think the bunny would do that to just anyone or does he think I am special?

Depend how strict your shelter is, I would sethis cage up and everything and just keep him there. You'd have sometime with him at work and if you guys do a lot of bunny adoptions hecould be a great way to educate potential owners that rabbits are justmore than cage pets to watch.

Haley wrote:
pamnock wrote:

Another idea is to talk to the landlord. Some places will allow "caged"animals and then just dont tell them how much free time he gets :)
nope this place has very specific rules, you may only have one animalof any type but no dogs. So techically if I had even one rat, wewouldn't be allowed to have our cat. and having two cats is breakingthe rules. Its run by a board so I would have to get the board to agreeand they are mostly you know whats who can't keep their noses out ofothers business. And I would do a petition, but that would bringattention to us, and people would get suspicious and tattle on us.

Jace wrote:
Depend how strict your shelter is, I would set his cage upand everything and just keep him there. You'd have some time with himat work and if you guys do a lot of bunny adoptions he could be a greatway to educate potential owners that rabbits are just more than cagepets to watch.
see I am sure a bunny only place would let me do that, but this placeseems to have a stick up their butts and they don't really care for thesmall critters very well. Its the humane society so I imagine they havenational rules and stuff that they can't break.

MaevePotter wrote:
But do you think the bunny would do that to just anyone ordoes he think I am special?
It depends. Some bunnies are just very trusting and will cuddle withanyone. Other bunnies trust no one and are very antisocial.

I always jokeand say "they know". Whenever a mean bunny isnice to me.As in "they know that Im a wonderful and lovingbunny person who would spoil them rotten and treat them like a king" :)

It depends so much on the rabbit though, is he nice to other shelterworkers and visitors? Thats your clue as to whether or not he's bondedto you.

He's such a beautiful minirex! Does he have a name?

Hopefully you can find a way to take him, or at least adopt him out tosomeone who will let you see him once in a while. He looks like such anice boy! Surely he will find a good home (hopefully it can be withyou)!

-Amy

Jason says I can get him!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY Iwould get him right now but the humane society is closed at the moment.:( I guess I will go to petsmart and shop instead!! hehe

Congratulations.:bunnydance::colors::jumpforjoy:Now take lots of pictures of that little cutie when you bring him home.

Soooska:apollo:

already got it covered. I bought the cubes 4months ago when I wanted a bunny the first time.. :) I will post picsasap. Now I am just worried that he will be gone when I get there inthe 2 hours they were open since I left, and the 4 hours today... Iwish I could have gotten Jason to agree earlier in the day, and I couldhave him now. So they are closed tomorrow and monday. I am hoping theywill let me in anyway since I volunteered. I am so worried some onewill have gotten him... I will just die!! Cross your fingers!!

Latest posts

Back