i slipped up big time.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
well i typed a suuper long post. last night, i clicked send. it said network faliure.
im am up now to type this in short. again.
basicly. i have my two lop ears separated, till they can be , neutered/spayed. but the female might be pregnate already saying he pushed up the bored. he is at the bottom, her at the top of hutch. i cleanned them out yesterday after lunch. i lift the male up and put him in the females, bedroom. and block off with wood and bricks.
it went as planned.
i went to do revison dinner, mass, the was in my room when my dad came in and said, "um i hope you know that your rabbits are not separate at the minitue. "
so i ran/fell down the stairs praying nothing has "happened".
it did not seem so. she was growlling and him, he seemed to just want to be friends. not mate. snuggling up to her to sleep. her bitting him. i was looking at him im my arms for and sort of injuries. none. then my mum came out shoutting at me, its all my fault, and if she dyes it my fault, and i wish she would.... i now i slipped up. but the wood gave way. like, snapped in half.. not my fault. SHE was the one who told me to put 5 bricks on it.
i think/hope she re absorbed her firist litter...
but now....... this is like a rant but is it safe if she has 2 litters. i found that she has 2 wombs or sum thing like that....... and well thats all i need to know....
thanks for reading this. PS. she is 5months old.
sire and dam are related. thats why i dont want them to have babies and are separated..... i did not see the males penis out... so i hope he did not have other things on his mind... i hate life. why is it so complicated///........

It's very unfortunate you keep putting your rabbits at risk like this. It's almost like you really want a litter of babies. Maybe when you clean them out you could put them in a carry case, or somewhere completely different, to eradicate this from happening. You, once again, have to count 31 days from yesterday, as to when she may have a litter.

To be honest though, from the sounds of it, it is possible she is already pregnant. She was grumpy and attacked him and did not want him near her. Although it could obviously be from him invading her territory.

It is VERY uncommon (although not unheard of) for does to get pregnant in different uterine horns at different times, and given he didn't seem to want to mate, it is probably unlikely.

You desperately need a better set up for your rabbits.

i was not when i cleanned them out. they wwere at each others "house."
like they could not get to each other. but my mum had way to many bricks on the wood.
then the weight broke it.
so it was fault of the wood....
my mum says they are ok, as in one at top, and one at bottom.
they dont get any exercise. i took them out on lead. my dog is tied up. and we were far from the dog, but he started barking and stuff and scared the living day lights out of her, and i had to make sure she was not in shock....
i dont think i sould have them. its un fair on them, and me. also my dog.
my mum says she does not need a nest bo

I'm VERY confused now.

You said
i cleanned them out yesterday after lunch. i lift the male up and put him in the females, bedroom. and block off with wood and bricks.

But now you're saying he was in the bottom and the wood broke? So what you're saying is that that bit about putting him in her bed is irrelevant and you put too many bricks on the gap and the wood broke? That way you said it before sounded like the wood from the bed area had snapped.

You seriously need two hutches, and you need to keep them separate. I am not sure how five bricks could break wood unless it is very flimsy stuff, so I would suggest, until you get a new hutch, use thicker wood.

Maybe it might be worth bringing your mum to the site to read what she does need for if she is pregnant, and why.

I hope things work out the right way for you and your female isn't pregnant. I hope you can convince your mother to let you get another hutch.

he is it in simply form , easy to under stand.
when i clean him out, he goes up a level. in to the females bed. they are bocked off. they are fine about this. she seems calm. he sleeps.
when he goes down, the female is ok.
but you see when the ramp was took off, there was a big hole in the top floor.
so it was blocked off with some wood. it was over bricked.
so it snapped.
i hope so paul.:?
my mum says they are only rabbits.
my dad says that but he does like care about them. like little pets her and there. and he looks in at
them when he comes home from work. then he told me....
so i hope it is clearer....

irishlops wrote:
he is it in simply form , easy to under stand.
when i clean him out, he goes up a level. in to the females bed. they are bocked off. they are fine about this. she seems calm. he sleeps.
when he goes down, the female is ok.
but you see when the ramp was took off, there was a big hole in the top floor.
so it was blocked off with some wood. it was over bricked.
so it snapped.
i hope so paul.:?
my mum says they are only rabbits.
my dad says that but he does like care about them. like little pets her and there. and he looks in at
them when he comes home from work. then he told me....
so i hope it is clearer....
Well if your father cares for the rabbits, Maybe you could ask him to get you another hutch.

(well i do, he is the extra cuddle man,)
yes i could.
i might be going out to get extra hay/straw and food for the rabbits 2 day... so ill ask him to day in the pet shop..
he will prob build one but....
and a run...
but he is busy.il ask him.
he is getting his lunch now...

Your story is really mixed up and hard to follow, you made that topic looking for information to show your mother and I wrote out a big post but you never got her on to see it. You were also offered loads of information about the doe being pregnant but you ignored that too and haven't done anything to prepare for it, like getting the doe spayed or if not getting her spayed to get two more hutches or ask the breeder to take her off your hands until she has the babies or not have the babies.

I know it's probably your parents fault you haven't prepared, if you don't want your mother to see the forum then you could print off the topic and show it to her. I know alot of parents aren't very understanding when it comes to rabbits but you need to try, you badly need a better setup for your rabbits.

i know. my mum does not understand basic rabbit care. like they need to be fed every day. and exercise so they dont get g i stauis.
i have phoned the breeder. he said 3 of his does just had a litter in the past week. there is no more room.
my mum and well maybe my dad are like, they dont need a secound hutch. and my mum is like the babies can stay with the mother, i explain about weanning babies...... and like i dont even know weather i should keep them. they are not getting the life they desvre. and need. i could be called an animal crulity person. like not a big enough hutch.(AT THE MINUTE) capitals on.....document.write('/themes/default/grumpy.gif');
grumpy.gif

well ill ask my dad. away from my mum.
thanks irish bunny.
but yes i already know all my faults. and i feel guilty.

Your best bet is get just your father to the pet shop, Beg him for atleast one more hutch to separate the two rabbits you have at the moment( then worry at a later date about the possible kits). If he isn't co-operating kind of make a small scene and just embarress him a little and he should then see how much you need the hutches.

paul2641 wrote:
Your best bet is get just your father to the pet shop, Beg him for atleast one more hutch to separate the two rabbits you have at the moment( then worry at a later date about the possible kits). If he isn't co-operating kind of make a small scene and just embarress him a little and he should then see how much you need the hutches.
That could back fire big time. I would not do that it could end very badly.

JadeIcing wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
No I don't mean screaming, I mean a small heated conversation just begging for the hutch. Saying how important it is to get them separated.

paul2641 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
No I don't mean screaming, I mean a small heated conversation just begging for the hutch. Saying how important it is to get them separated.
I know. It could still not go well. Some parents will not take anything like that.

JadeIcing wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
I know. It could still not go well. Some parents will not take anything like that.
Suppose, But most of the time my mother doesn't mind me getting stuff as long as I look after it.

JadeIcing wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
I agree if my child was to take me into a store asking for something and made a scene the last thing that he would get is w hat he was asking for, we would be leaving the store with NOTHING. If you can get him to the store and just talk to him about how important it is maybe he will give in but dont make a scene

my dad is not like that. if he saw facts, then. and its cheap. would an dog kennel do.....
for the time being....

irishlops wrote:
my dad is not like that. if he saw facts, then. and its cheap. would an dog kennel do.....
for the time being....
I have a dog crate that can be used as a cage for adult rabbits but baby rabbits can squesse through the bars. If you make an effort and look around there are loads of cheap cages and hutches available. If neither of your parents is willing to either buy a new hutch or pay for spaying or neutering then you should seriously consider rehoming at least one rabbit as their health is in danger.

irishlops wrote:
i mean for the male....
It depends on what you mean by dog kennel. if it's just a wooden enclosed house it wouldn't be suitable I think

Latest posts

Back