I really need some ideas.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of just wanted to update this thread since things have resolved themselves. I got the rest of the report back and they still think EC. So we are treating Dino's sister, Sam, with 2wks of panacur and she will be headed to Wendy's after the national tan show to become a happy hopping bunny! I'm so excited as I hate looking at her tan factor knowing I can't show her lol. I still let her out with her best friend SW2 my blue doe. I am going to treat Dana the mom also but she is currently pregnant :D I just palpated and she was positive. If anyone on here knows if panacur is safe for preggo moms I'd love to know as I read it wasn't but the vet said it should be ok. I do not and can not put this litter in danger so if we have to wait we will figure out something. My mom is also going to treat her polish. I just hope I'm done dealing with this after cleaning and treatments but who knows. Thank you everyone so much for your suggestions and support with me and my mom in this. It really helped

I missed this thread before, since I just recently returned from falling off the face of the earth... I'm so sorry about Dino and your other bunny passing away!

I can't imagine how stressful it must've been to have a mystery illness loose in your herd... and must still be as you work to get everything sterilized and give preventative treatments to other rabbits! this thread definitely falls into the category of "the dark side of being a breeder" - it's one of the scarier things that can happen for a breeder and it's a scenario I pray I never find myself in with my sugar glider breeding program. like bunnies, it's not uncommon for them not to show symptoms until it's too late, even if you drop everything and rush them to the vet.

I really, really hope everything is back to normal now and the EC won't rear its ugly head again! ><

Latest posts

Back