I NEED HELP ASAP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She may...it really depends on the doe. I have a doe that likes to flop onto her side in the final hours. I have others that will crunch up in a corner.

How far along is the doe? Do you see blood in the cage?

mine all tend to lie down a lot before kindling you will know when she is birthing becuase you will see her going under herself to help the baby out.
good luck :)

this is her 30th day of pregnancy and i went in and she was laying on her side, which she never does, no there is no blood that i could see it is dark and i didnt have a flash light with me ill go check again in a minute, she has the nest built, but is it a good sign that she was lieing like that?? im sooo excited

Sterling Lop Rabbitry wrote:
this is her 30th day of pregnancy and i went in and she was laying on her side, which she never does, no there is no blood that i could see it is dark and i didnt have a flash light with me ill go check again in a minute, she has the nest built, but is it a good sign that she was lieing like that?? im sooo excited
You could also check if she has eaten lately? They often stop eating in the last few hours before giving birth.

Lying down is fine. I'd be more concerned if you saw blood and no babies came for awhile. They're pretty quick to give birth. Check on her a few times, but don't hound her as it will just make her nervous. Check every half hour or so to make sure she doesn't have any problems.

How old is she? I'm assuming this must be her first litter. Good luck!

nope i just got her, this is her 3rd or 4th litter, i got her a month or so ago, so yeah, she has never not taken care of a litter or had complications, so its all good, i dont know what to do, i normally breed rabbits, i sound like a total newbie, lol im getting reasurance :p

Oh, I'm sure she'll be fine then...she's an experienced professional. :) She's probably wondering why mom is freaking out about the whole thing. LOL

Let us know what she has!

My mini lops are always the best moms. They can sometimes be the crankiest moms though :) I have a thumb with some missing flesh from my doe Blue attacking me when I went to get her water dish after she had her kits. I didn't know she had them and she's normally super friendly. I guess she was cranky from having five kits...I know I'd be cranky if I had five babies. :)

Best of luck and we'll keep her in our thoughts.

Any news????

For some reason the mean does are always good moms. Around here people who breed say the more agressive a doeis the better the mom. I always found the more mellow the better the mom however does that get agressivedurring pregnancytend to be pretty good. Personally I perfer not getting attacked when I open the door but whatever floats your boat:p

lol i literally laughed out loud when i read that, i dont know i got up this morning at 6 which is right now lol and my buses are cancelled due to fog lol but ill go check right now :)

phew lol what would i do without you guys, and im totally in love with your buns irish :) i want em lol anyways she is eating hay and pellets, is it common for them to eat before hand? does it depend on the rabbit?:?

P.S Im Stealing Misty

Latest posts

Back