I lost 3 bunnies in a year afraid I’ll lose more

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SorryBun

Reaction score
I’m making this thread to express my guilt toward my bunnies who have passed this year
My first bunny is Angel she was about 5/6 and never been to the vet and only went once when she was getting spayed. Other than her teeth growing all the time she loved to eat but ate very little hay ( I know is very important )
Once she was in pain I’m guessing (now) she only liked to eat soft foods but I ignored such a big sign. I know I gave her a home, food and water but I still didn’t take her to vet right away and I still regret the decision. She passed in January
The second bunny is brownie and I had her for only 5 days before she passed in January as well. Brownie is a month old or so and she was at a butchers shop with dried corn and no water. My friend sent a snap and I wanted her right away so I brought her home and she didn’t eat but I made critical care and she ate from my palm and I started crying because of how beautiful she was. The next 3 days she got “better” she ate lots of new food and I didn’t think much of it. However on Thursday she was hiding in a corner on her own pee and we thought it’s because she a baby and doesn’t know so we washed her bottom and dried her up. We feed her water and critical care through the day and night. Friday morning we rushed her to the vet and the vet said it was too late because the diet she had before really ruined her. My only regret for Brownie was not taking her to the vet the day we got her but then she was put down.
Today. Tuesday I will be burying Lali (Angel Son) (this happened during the quarantine)
Lali he was about 5/6 too and like angel never been to the vet besides his neuter. He was always shy and I never really bonded with him but off course I loved him. I feel the worst about him because I haven’t carried him for about 6 months but when I did my heart dropped he lost so much weight. I can never ever forgive myself because seeing taking his last few breaths messed me up deeply. Just a week ago he ran up to me every day for veggies and treats. Sunday is when I got worrried and kept telling my mom ( who is also sick ) I should have taken him Sunday but on Monday at 4 I wanted to take him to the vet but it already closed because of Easter
I ignored all of their little signs because they were eating and etc
I believe that’s he is in heaven with his mom now
They deserved the best and I couldn’t give it to them

Attachments

• CC6F9055-C595-42B9-99A8-6E67FA53ED74.jpeg
    CC6F9055-C595-42B9-99A8-6E67FA53ED74.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1
  • F8041C26-E5D7-4F8D-B682-DE46CAED483B.jpeg
    F8041C26-E5D7-4F8D-B682-DE46CAED483B.jpeg
    754 KB · Views: 2
  • D6A93D1D-476E-4C01-A1F1-0D61EF73F1A2.jpeg
    D6A93D1D-476E-4C01-A1F1-0D61EF73F1A2.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 2
I’m sorry for you losses. I lost two rabbits last year, in the same month. I feel guilty about it and think about them all the time. It took me a while to realise that mistakes make us better. Rabbits are good at hiding sicknesses because they are prey, and while that’s good in the wild, it isn’t so good for us owners. One of my rabbits died of GI Stasis and I totally didn’t realise. Now you know the signs and I’m sure you will be a lot more aware. I know I am for sure. The second something goes wrong with my rabbit, I’m either on here or on the phone with my vet.

I’m sorry for you losses. I lost two rabbits last year, in the same month. I feel guilty about it and think about them all the time. It took me a while to realise that mistakes make us better. Rabbits are good at hiding sicknesses because they are prey, and while that’s good in the wild, it isn’t so good for us owners. One of my rabbits died of GI Stasis and I totally didn’t realise. Now you know the signs and I’m sure you will be a lot more aware. I know I am for sure. The second something goes wrong with my rabbit, I’m either on here or on the phone with my vet.
Thank you
Yes, I wish they wouldn’t be so good at hiding it
I never ever gonna waste anytime and observe the ones I have now very well

Thank you
Yes, I wish they wouldn’t be so good at hiding it
I never ever gonna waste anytime and observe the ones I have now very well
How many other rabbits do you have?

I doubt there are any members here who don't have regrets from what they did (or failed to do) with their past rabbits. Thankfully, in your case, you have found this forum and there are many people here with years/decades of experience.

If it will help ease your mind, you could take photos of your current rabbits' housing setups and describe their diets. A second (or third) opinion may help spot any areas that may do better with some minor adjustments. That may help assure you that you are doing everything you can.

I’m making this thread to express my guilt toward my bunnies who have passed this year
My first bunny is Angel she was about 5/6 and never been to the vet and only went once when she was getting spayed. Other than her teeth growing all the time she loved to eat but ate very little hay ( I know is very important )
Once she was in pain I’m guessing (now) she only liked to eat soft foods but I ignored such a big sign. I know I gave her a home, food and water but I still didn’t take her to vet right away and I still regret the decision. She passed in January
The second bunny is brownie and I had her for only 5 days before she passed in January as well. Brownie is a month old or so and she was at a butchers shop with dried corn and no water. My friend sent a snap and I wanted her right away so I brought her home and she didn’t eat but I made critical care and she ate from my palm and I started crying because of how beautiful she was. The next 3 days she got “better” she ate lots of new food and I didn’t think much of it. However on Thursday she was hiding in a corner on her own pee and we thought it’s because she a baby and doesn’t know so we washed her bottom and dried her up. We feed her water and critical care through the day and night. Friday morning we rushed her to the vet and the vet said it was too late because the diet she had before really ruined her. My only regret for Brownie was not taking her to the vet the day we got her but then she was put down.
Today. Tuesday I will be burying Lali (Angel Son) (this happened during the quarantine)
Lali he was about 5/6 too and like angel never been to the vet besides his neuter. He was always shy and I never really bonded with him but off course I loved him. I feel the worst about him because I haven’t carried him for about 6 months but when I did my heart dropped he lost so much weight. I can never ever forgive myself because seeing taking his last few breaths messed me up deeply. Just a week ago he ran up to me every day for veggies and treats. Sunday is when I got worrried and kept telling my mom ( who is also sick ) I should have taken him Sunday but on Monday at 4 I wanted to take him to the vet but it already closed because of Easter
I ignored all of their little signs because they were eating and etc
I believe that’s he is in heaven with his mom now
They deserved the best and I couldn’t give it to them
I lost two baby bunnies in 2 days..

I know how guilty you can feel after losing a rabbit.
They had their entire life to live and they sadly didn't get to live it .

Sorry for your losses 😭😭😥😥

How many other rabbits do you have?

I doubt there are any members here who don't have regrets from what they did (or failed to do) with their past rabbits. Thankfully, in your case, you have found this forum and there are many people here with years/decades of experience.

If it will help ease your mind, you could take photos of your current rabbits' housing setups and describe their diets. A second (or third) opinion may help spot any areas that may do better with some minor adjustments. That may help assure you that you are doing everything you can.
I will do that soon
I have 5 bunnies now
3 pairs until Lali died yesterday
I’m taking my other bunny with abscess to the vet tomorrow
Thank you

I lost two baby bunnies in 2 days..

I know how guilty you can feel after losing a rabbit.
They had their entire life to live and they sadly didn't get to live it .

Sorry for your losses 😭😭😥😥
I mean it’s heartbreaking for me but thinking about how much pain he had and I didn’t realize
My poor babies

I mean it’s heartbreaking for me but thinking about how much pain he had and I didn’t realize
My poor babies
It's not your fault though , you did the best you could .
I always tell myself that when i think about them..

I know how you feel. I lost 3 sparrows and I felt so awful. I lost them all in one day. I just sobbed and sobbed. Poor little guys. I also lost 9 of my 11 baby hamsters. I felt so awful because i didn't know! They had wet-tail and by the time i got medicine and tried to help, 9 had died. Mistakes are how we get better even though they are painful. Don't keep feeling bad. They aren't in pain anymore, we are. But why should we be? We don't need to be. 💕

I know how you feel. I lost 3 sparrows and I felt so awful. I lost them all in one day. I just sobbed and sobbed. Poor little guys. I also lost 9 of my 11 baby hamsters. I felt so awful because i didn't know! They had wet-tail and by the time i got medicine and tried to help, 9 had died. Mistakes are how we get better even though they are painful. Don't keep feeling bad. They aren't in pain anymore, we are. But why should we be? We don't need to be. 💕
Thank you, I’m sure my babies aren’t in pain anymore
Now I’m gonna do my best with the rabbits
I plan on taking all 5 of them to the vet now more often like yearly
I got all mine fixed but sadly I didn’t do the yearly vets because of financial hardship
I plan on working more when everything is calmed down
Trying buy in bulk and etc find ways to save up

Latest posts

Back