I have to get rid of my 4 netherland dwarf rabbits -CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think its anywhere near me. waukesha anddowntown milwaukee humane societies are though. i found owners for therabbits already though, my step sister and my cousin in minnesota aretaking them. NOT for snake food. i think thats horrible that people tryto feed their snakes rabbits. i would never give a rabbit to someonewho would use them as their pets dinner. i trust my step sister and mycousin. my cousin is a freshman in highschool so i know she wont leavefor anything and when she does she has a sister whos 3 years youngerthan her who would help take care of them. and my step sister justmoved into her own apartment with a friend and she just has a job, noschool so she has time to spend with them. they would never do anythingto hurt them. but im glad they helped me.

Good!!
Your family is more trusting and a good place forthe Buns cause you can keep close contact whith. Hey, theyrespect you, they will most likely repect the animal youcherish.

yea, i learned my lesson with this, i wont takein any animals, ill just call MADACC, which is a domestic animal placewhere you can call them and theyll come pick up the animals and putthem on their website in case the owner is looking for them, and thenputting them up for adoption. i just didnt do that this time because irecently had a bad experience with them.. very long story. but thatinvolved one of my own animals. they said they would help withsomething like that plus ive seen them do it around my house before. atleast ill get to visit the bunnies! im so happy, i still have 2 of thebunnies cause my cousin and i cant meet eachother anywhere yet. butwere going to real soon.

Crisi1987 wrote:
yea, i learned my lesson with this, i wont take in anyanimals, ill just call MADACC, which is a domestic animal place whereyou can call them and theyll come pick up the animals and put them ontheir website in case the owner is looking for them, and then puttingthem up for adoption. i just didnt do that this time because i recentlyhad a bad experience with them.. very long story. but that involved oneof my own animals. they said they would help with something like thatplus ive seen them do it around my house before. at least ill get tovisit the bunnies! im so happy, i still have 2 of the bunnies cause mycousin and i cant meet eachother anywhere yet. but were going to realsoon.
first of all, the Elmbrook HS is near milwaukee as it is justoutside the city limits of Mil. Or at least Elmbrookis. So the HS is somewhere in there. the MADACCpeople aren't nearly as selective when finding potential owners forpets as the Humane Society is. Believe me, we got Grace atthe Mil. HS and there are alot of questions they ask.

I'd really hate to see them go to MADACC. I'd definetly gothe route of the HS. Have you tried the WaukeshaHS? Or Elmbrook? Or one of the others in thearea? the Waukesha Website is hawspets.org, and the Elmbrookone is ebhs.org

please consider somewhere other then giving them to MADACC.

When I was trying to find a place for severalshelter rabbits who were in danger of euthansia I looked at a lot ofhumane society and rescue sites in Wi. The Edgebrook websitewas the most impressive as they name their mice and write descriptionsof them..also gerbils, rabbits, guinea pigs etc. I actually e-mailedthe woman who is in charge of small animals as I felt they reallyrespected small animals. I think their euthansia rateis lowbut before I took a rabbit anywhere I would check on that.

i didnt say i was giving them to madacc, ialready explained that i found homes for them. which by the way theyare doing great in, my step sister set appointments for the 2 she hasto get neutored and spayed.

I thought that you had said that you found homesfor them with your family but I didn't re read the the whole thread.I'm glad that they have homes :D

im glad 2, i helped a while ago set up a room atmy step sisters place thats just for the 2 rabbits she has, its prettynice. but since their going to get fixed soon she said she has tofigure out different times for them to run around in the room and stuffso they dont hurt eachother or anything. i like going over to visit, idont get to that much considering now were pretty far away.

Latest posts

Back