I Have No Willpower!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ringer

Reaction score
Well it's official. I have no willpower, none at all. I was at the petstore to get hay. Only hay, nothing else. I looked in the bunny pen, actually a tank with wood chips as a bedding! There were three adorable babies there. But one! It was a white lion head Harot! So adorable, I tried to walk away cause I know better, but I went back. So pretty, so soft and sweet. Ah, before I knew it I was at the counter paying for her.

I thought she would make a wonderful companion for Ringer, who often seems lonely. Wrong! Ringer was sniffing at her between the bars of the baby's cage and all of a sudden the baby let out a blood curdling scream. Ringer had bitten her so hard on the nose that she ran away and didm't stop screaming for awhile. Needless to say, the baby can't go into the bathroom with Ringer, even in her cage. Now it becomes a problem over where to keep her. The family room is reserved for Brownie and the only other place is a front bedroom, too far from the family. I can't keep her in my bedroom cause I just got new carpeting, very expensive. I have to think of something else.

Can ypu stand how pretty she is? She is so soft it's unbelievable. She is very active, running through a tunnel in her cage and rolling a ball with a bell all over. I think I am in love!!

What to do? I have to find a place for her. Far away from Ringer.

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

As I am sitting here typing, the bunny just cried a little. Just for a few seconds, kind of a whimpery thing. I wonder what could be wrong? I love her already. Sweet sweet little girl. About 7 or 8 weeks I think.

She loves bananas. Already. I'm gonna go and get her a little piece. What about a name. So pretty it has to be Princess or maybe Layla, Eric Clapton's song to his beloved.

If she still cries, I'd make sure to double check her nos, lips and gums to see if she has an injury/swelling from the bite she got earlier/

She is cute :)

Oh, poor baby girl! Maybe she was crying because her little nose hurts. Does she have a wound on it or anything? Maybe you should keep an eye on it in case it gets an abscess. Did you introduce her and Ringer in Ringer's territory? Has he been neutered?

She's a very pretty baby! How old is she? She looks oddly like my Tallulah, who is also a baby... Tallulah's name means princess, too. Layla is nice!

Other names that mean "princess":

Sarah
Sadie
Sally
Amirah
Kala
Sarahi
Sariah
Sarina
Sarita
Suri

A lot of the names are variants of Sarah. I think Sarahi, Sariah and Kala and Amirah are the prettiest!!! Good luck and congrats on the little bun!

Her nose looks OK to me. It is tannish in color as are her areas around the eyes.I even rubbed it a little to see any reaction and there is none. Maybe she just turned her leg sitting down or something. I will keep watching her. She is still in my room. I am going to put a plastic bag under her cage to protect the carpet until I fugure out her permanent place in the house. She is getting used to me now. She hears my voice and sits up to look for me!

I think she is wetting in her litter box already. I changed it yesterday. She eats her hay while sitting in there so she is right on target. She seems very smart to me.

I had the two bunnies meet in my room on Ringer's way out to the porch. I thought it was OK until I heard the baby scream. Ringer is very jealous of any other bunny near me so that may be it. Maybe there is hope down the road.

I like all the names, thanks! I am still leaning towards Layla, just cause I like Clapton I guess. I also like Sprinkles cause she has little puffs of tan spots on her back.

to illustrate just how jealous Ringer can get, after her own babies were able to run around and come to me, they would jump on my lap to be petted. She would look over, run into the shower area to their cube where she fed them. They would run after her and jump in the cube to be with her. Meanwhile she had leapt out the other side, run back to me and jumped on my lap to be petted alone. She tricked them to get them away! I never saw anything so funny. How smart are these buns of ours? My heavens!

She looks a LOT like my baby girl Lily when she was a baby! Want a sneak peak at what she might look like in the future?

2007_1021dallasgame0060.jpg

2007_1021dallasgame0058.jpg

t.loki.lily.

Lily is adorable. Oh those eyes! From the pic she looks small like my baby.

Right now she is running back and forth in her cage through her tunnel. Quite pleased with herself. Little darling.

angel I couldn't control myself once I saw her in that pathetic tank with two other bunnies and a hamster. She was all cuddled up to the hamster who was hiding in the corner. They all were scared to death. I wish I could have taken all the bunnies. The little black and white one was a snugglepuss and loved to be held. I have a soft spot for black rabbits and am still thinking about him. The other was a dear little light tan solid. I hope they go to good homes. I hate when they go with children to be manhandled and not treated or fed right.

Ringer wrote:
I hope they go to good homes. I hate when they go with children to be manhandled and not treated or fed right.

I know, I hate the thought of that. Just Friday night, a friend of mine who I used to work with years ago (we keep in touch) called me about a family member's rabbit. He came over, I gave him a wealth of information and actually found them a vet from our list that's right around the corner from their house in MN:).

Also, he originally called to see if a rabbit could be giving everyone colds and would it have any impact on a person who is diabetic, my answer? no. Then he told me after I asked if the bun had been to the vet, that the vet said the rabbit had a cold. I said, that's why you only go to rabbit savvy vets, rabbits can't get "colds":?. I told him what I thought it was (pastuerella) and to get to the vet I gave him info on. I also told him to tell the family to join here, they don't have internet at home, but I said they could go to their nearest library and hopefully get on there.

He's supposed to update me, so, we'll see. He said that the dad bought the bun for his daughters, ages 5,7 and 11:?. He said they hold and snuggle it constantly:?. I told him how that's not so good either.:? I did what I could...

Awww! Yeah, I know I cannot go into pet stores anymore. Shelters are hard enough to walk out of without wanting to save all of them! :) I can see why you coudln't walk away from her.. sooo sweet!!

AngelNSnuffy: Max originally had a 6 year old for an owner before I got him and yeah, he was freaked out all the time, bit/nipped/clawed, and chomped if he was picked up or held from being manhandled constantly (thank god not anymore!). So yeah, no offense to youngster bunny owners out there, but I've seen first hand what that can do to a bun and it took me nearly two years to train it back out of him. :?

Hows the baby? Precious

Baby is so happy. Thanks for asking. She ran around on the porch yesterday. LOVES to run.I have to watch her every second though cause there are cats out there who come and go. She is doing well with her litter box, just a few accidents. But is going in box and I'm happy. Quite a few poos don't make it but mostly wee wees in box!

She loves bananas and now comes over to the door to be petted when she sees me. Her best passtime is still running madly around the cage through the tunnel thingie.

RABBITS WITH A HAMSTER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

is that bad enough to post in 'Rescue Me' ? me, personaly, i think it is. maybe a mod or two could pitch in here.

Anna

could the hamster have hurt her? my little sister has one and it bit her REALLY bad one time, she had to soak this finger in salts(bath salts. not sure how to spell it and too lazy to go see, LOL!)for AGES! just something that accured to me!

Oh maybe it was a baby guinea pig, not sure. I'm not up on those small animals. No I don't think they should be housed together either. It was a very furry animal. I didn't like the tank situation or the wooden clippings on the floor either. The whole thing is not good. There was only a water bottle and dish of food, nothing else. The only think is that they tend to be sold within a few days so at least it doesn't last long.

But what about people who buy them and think that's an ok setup? Not too much education on checkout. It's very sad and actually the people in the petstore are very kind to the animals so I think it's just a lack of knowledge. It's a national chain.

Back