I have another rescue bun *sigh*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
I took in a beautiful little broken black lionhead girl last night. Its a long story but I'll just say Ithought she would be better off with me than in her former home. :(

I got her home and she has some fleas on her so Im keeping her quarantined and treating her with revolution.

Shes so freakin adorable- she looks like Tumnus but is about the size of Lucy. Shes a fiesty little one though- not sure if I'll keep her or rehome her..just getting her to relax and trust me for now and I'll figure it all out later.

133e_20.JPG

I dont know, Ali. The reason I went to see her was as a friend for Basil and Max. I had planned to try to bond her to them. I didnt want to bc of her condition, but also bc shes very fiesty right now! I dont know if its bc shes scared and/or not spayed yet. I will let her settle in, get her spayed, and go from there :)

Haley,

Feisty can be fun.....I don't know if you've read my blog lately....but Minnie Pearl, my "doe from Hades"....has become a love bug.

Honestly? I've been afraid of her for over 2 years - she has been my most aggressive bun to date.

Now?

Well - look at this little girl as she plays on my bed....

DSCN5077.jpg

(Yes - she has wry neck).

Let me tell you - if Minnie Pearl can become a cuddler - this little girl can too.

I'd give her a month or so to settle in....

Haley you always do the right thing. I have no doubt if she is meant to be yours she will. If you are a stopping point you will let her go. You are an awesome foster parent.

Thanks guys :) Peg, I hope she ends up being as sweet as your girl. Alicia, thats so sweet of you to say. I try my hardest to help those that I can- its never easy (as I know you know) but it feels good to do what little I can for bunnies in need.

I really dont mind bunnies with anger issues, its just that when I got a girl for Basil and Max I wanted it to be a real lover since they both are. Basil and Max share my room with me and snuggle with me in bed every morning- so it has to be a girl who gels with the three of us. Im going to give this one some time though and who knows, I might end up bonding her to Biggie Max if shes not right for me and my dutchduo :)

I have a few photos I took just now. Shes so pretty!

June2008160.jpg

June2008159.jpg

Her new setup (she loves all the room)!

June2008158.jpg

June2008152.jpg

June2008153.jpg

She doesnt have a name yet. If any of you remember when I got Lucy you'll know that it takes me a while to name a bun. I have to get to know them a little first :)

Yay for Haley!

AWW! She's so cute! Do you know if she's full grown? She looks so wittle! :shock:

I'm stuck for names too, but boy is she sweet!

The woman said she was about 5-6 months old. They bought her from a breeder (they bought each of their kids a rabbit) *shudder* and the daughter was not taking care of her. I told her if she wants to "get rid" of the others to give me a call. They are all different breeds but all young. I imagine many of them will be getting the boot as they hit puberty :(

That's so sad :(. Poor thing, no wonder she's not all that friendly - probably poked and carried around then forgotten about.. super glad she's with you!

People miss out on so much having rabbits as "kid only" pets.. if they took the time to learn and understand what a rabbit really is, not only would the bunny be happier, but the people would be too.

:sigh:

She is SO cute and such a teeny tiny little one!! Look at her all proud of her cage. (LOVE!!). I hope she turns out to be a little love bug - sometimes the ones with the most passion and fiestiness are the ones to love the most (ie. Misty :)). She's just too precious.

So if she has fleas - does that mean all those people's buns have fleas as well?? *sigh*

Nad

Wow, she is even prettier than in the original listing! I really hope that she calms down once she's spayed and learns how to be a love bug.

Were you able to get Revolution then? I only have some unused Advantage, but I think that's ok to use on rabbits, right?

Keep taking pictures :biggrin2:

-Kathy

Oh wow, she's soooo cute! Bless you for saving her :)

I really wish people wouldn't just buy bunnies for their kids like they are chocolate bars :X

Looking forward to more stories and pics about her.... whatever you decide re. keeping her, she's safe now :)

Haley wrote:
I really dont mind bunnies with anger issues, its just that when I got a girl for Basil and Max I wanted it to be a real lover since they both are. Basil and Max share my room with me and snuggle with me in bed every morning- so it has to be a girl who gels with the three of us.

June2008153.jpg
Haley,

Tiny taught Miss Bea to be a lover....it wasn't till she bonded with him that she became affectionate. She's still not overly affectionate but some mornings (and evenings) she'll jump on the bed and ask for pets...

I think if she bonds with the two boys - you'll see her become more affectionate.

Thanks for the tips. Im being patient with her as I know shes scared and used to being prodded by kids. Im going to give her some time, have her spayed, and go from there.

Heres a cute video I took of her last night:

Ah Haley she's so adorable.

I bet that's the first toy she's ever had to play with. I really hope she can bond to Basil & Max. They'd make a great trio.

Susan
hase130.gif
hase220.gif
hase254.gif

Back