I have a question, maybe a health question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyrul

Reaction score
So I may need an admin check and possibly move if necessary.

Squishes loves cuddles, will spend an hour or so in my arm, being cradled like a baby. During this cuddle time, I rub her head and face. I have feel scabs in the corners of her eyes, I don't see scabs but the area sometimes looks red. I have pictures. This has been going on for quite a while, otherwise she seems very healthy, goes outside again (it is not so hot)eats, drinks, etc. has healthy looking poops.
IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

Oh, she was extremely happy and relaxed when I was taking these picture even though I woke her up.
This is what happens when I stop meeting her demands too soon
IMG_0906.jpg

She digs on pillows, cushions and in this case a bed sheet (I am sick and camped out on the sofa so my hubby can sleep). She will also nips my clothes and pillows, if that doesn't work she nudges me with her head.

I'm not sure about the eye thing, but if you want the clothing nips to stop, try gently holding her head down for a few seconds - that's how a momma bun would discipline a kit, so they understand what you mean by it. my Nala used to have a magnetic attraction to my pants and I used that trick to train it out of her :)

She probably has allergies. Cheeto's eyes are the same way; I'm constantly pulling hardened stuff off of them, but the vet said he just has allergies that make his eyes water. Getting rid of the litter I was using really helped (I was using the wood stove pellets, and I switched to a kitty pad.) Nothing to worry about unless her appetite or behavior changes.

I picked them off when I was rubbing her face. But the very corners of her eyes are redder than the rest of the lids. It doesn't seem to bother her but I worry she is getting sick and is it is going unnoticed. And the other buns do not have it.

My french lop got these on the inner corners of his eyes especially at the breeders. Its just allergies and weeping eyes.

Latest posts

Back