I have a question about this forum. :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiRa92

Reaction score
:) I am quite new here. It has been only 11 days since the day I registered. I saw the word "Binkie/Binky Free" and "See you at the bridge" at the topic threads in Rainbow Bridge Announcement section. I am really curious and I really want to really know this forum and that's why I'm asking. :)

Binkies are the little dances rabbits sometimes do when they are happy.

The rainbow bridge is a image of where rabbits might go after they die, where they are free of pain etc.

The image, I think, is based on this prose poem by an anonymous auther. Many people who are grieving an animal love find it comforting and healing. I know I do:) For some reason, I can't read it without tearing up...

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

LakeCondo wrote:
Binkies are the little dances rabbits sometimes do when they are happy.

The rainbow bridge is a image of where rabbits might go after they die, where they are free of pain etc.

Thank you. :)

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
The image, I think, is based on this prose poem by an anonymous auther. Many people who are grieving an animal love find it comforting and healing. I know I do:) For some reason, I can't read it without tearing up...

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I am crying. I can't help myself from crying. It's so touching. :bigtears:

That just made me really cry. When one of our dogs had to be put to sleep, old age. Someone got a picture of her and put the poem below it in a frame. They left it on our front porch, it was very sad, but it made my mom and I feel better. I think it was one of my moms friends that did it. But its a wonderful thing when you've lost one of your furry loves.

And "binky free" is what we say when a rabbit passes.

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
I know, I am too. I just read it over again and, sure enough, it made me cry:) Whoever wrote it really knew what they were doing. Welcome to the site, by the way!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Thank you! :)

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

whitelop wrote:
That just made me really cry. When one of our dogs had to be put to sleep, old age. Someone got a picture of her and put the poem below it in a frame. They left it on our front porch, it was very sad, but it made my mom and I feel better. I think it was one of my moms friends that did it. But its a wonderful thing when you've lost one of your furry loves.

My grandma's dog was advised by a veterinarian to be put to sleep but it was not because of the old age. My grandma told me that red-head, her dog, was suffering from a disease where red-head's skin started to be crusty and there are some inflammations occur. It doesn't stop despite several times going to the vet. I was so frustrated that I only got to know about this yesterday after long weeks not visiting my grandma. I just don't understand why this typical skin disorder cannot be solve by a veterinarian.

Latest posts

Back