I found my perfect bunny - UPDATE: WE GOT HER!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still just amazed that things worked out like they did! I couldn't be happier. Today was a great day :D I can't wait to watch my girl grow up and bond with me and hopefully live many, many healthy and happy years as an important member of our family :D

Whiskerz, I didn't ask much about what happened with the other buyers. The breeder said that she had been having second thoughts about the person who was going to buy the bunny and felt that I'd be a much better fit, then when the other buyer came by (or she called or something, I don't know) the breeder asked her some more questions about if she thought she was really ready for to be a bunny owner and the lady decided she wasn't. Then they called me immediately and we were there to get her within 15 minutes!

Okay, without further delay, I would love to introduce you all to my sweet little Kerensa Rose! I picked her name months ago. Kerensa is Cornish and means "love." When I saw her yesterday I knew she was my Kerensa. She fits her name perfectly. She was born on June 1st of this year and the breeder said her markings are called frosty- she was the first frosty baby they got out of a breeding so they were pretty excited, and she was one of the favorites of the breeder.

IMG_4465JPGresized.jpg

IMG_4469JPGresized.jpg

IMG_4462JPGresized.jpg

Isn't she gorgeous?! She's such a sweet little baby and settling in pretty well. Nervous and stressed of course since she's in a new place and spent the past week at the fair, but doing well :D

Frosted Pearl was on my dream list forever :winkShe's a beautiful baby, but more importantly, she's YOUR girl! Woohoooo! I so knew you'd get her. Hehehehe :pCongrats Shiloh, I know how long you've been waiting for this day!

Congrats to the new mom! She's such a little cutie. Their were so many adorable buns at the show. One reason why I didn't go this year, aside from seeing the poor buns in the heat, I was afraid to come home with one.:biggrin2:

Stan, great story about how Pebbles came to live with you. Didn't know the story.

She is so pretty!
I meant to mention that she did not look like I sable point to me and that she looked to be a frosty..but out of everything going on, I forgot to say that.

Anyways, she is just beautiful and I am so happy for you!

Thanks, guys! Someone at the fair Saturday said she was a sable point and I came home and looked it up and it looked fairly accurate to me, so that's what I posted. Then the breeder said she was a frosty. Is frosted pearl the real term for it? Very fancy sounding!

Kerensa is doing pretty well this morning. She has me worried some because she isn't drinking very much and hasn't tinkled yet. We've had her for about 20 hours now. I might make a post asking for advice on how to get her to drink. I've offered a bottle (which I've seen and heard her drink from) and a jar (which she left alone for about 10 hours and waited for me to come visit her before spectacularly dumping the whole thing in the floor- it was very cute and funny). Hopefully she'll start drinking and peeing and everything properly soon so I don't have to worry. She had a runny nose when we brought her home but that's gone thankfully- it was because it was so warm in the barn I think and she was stressed out.

Felix didn't pee or poop for over a full day after I got him. He also didnt drink or eat in that time. And him being a baby I was scared but out of nowhere he exploded with pee and poop! It was like he was holding it all in until that one moment where he just let himself go haha It was everywhere..but at least the pee was in his litter box :)

After that, he drinks and eats non stop it seams like.

And the whole runny nose thing, bunnies noses seam to do that when they are hot.

So she is fine, just give her some more time to warm up to her new home.

:biggrin:

Sophia, good to know my girl isn't the only one! The bit about Felix exploding with poop and pee made me laugh :D

So I know this sounds silly, but I can't help but think Tallulah helped me find Kerensa. And I've noticed several things that make it almost seem like I was being dropped hints! First of all, one of Tallulah's sisters looked an awful lot like Kensa:

thingsforsale004.jpg

And remember when I saw a picture of Tallulah's niece a few months ago? She looked JUST LIKE Tallulah except her markings were a bit different. The tip of her left ear looked like it was dipped in white:

Tallulahlookalike.jpg

The tip of Kerensa's left ear is white too:

IMG_4442JPGresized.jpg

And her name, Kerensa. Another spelling of it is Karensa. I'm still actually trying to decided which spelling to go with because I want my online bunny friends to know how to say her name! Kerensa's breeder is named Karen, like Karensa minus the -sa. I picked the name Kerensa several months ago.

Then of course there's the whole thing where it fell through with Kerensa's original buyer!

Kind of funny series of coincidences, huh?

oh how neat!!

Yes, this all fell into place for a reason, you are lucky and so is your new bun to have each other. :)

So happy for you.

Glad you got her, it was meant to be :) Something similiar happened with me and my bunny Princess.

Little Miss still hasn't peed! Maybe I should move her cage into the bathroom and leave the faucet on :D I did however poke her nether regions to see if she was indeed a girl, and tiny lady parts popped out! Hooray for tacos!

Congrats, Shiloh !!!!! So happy for you ! I know it makes a big difference if a bunny will come over and interact with you...they can be like people with a variety of personalities.

Gimbel is an attention hog who never runs off to hide - - but likes to gallop madly at you and look for pats, treats, and a lap to relax on. Emily is more reserved, but very sweet and seems to prefer my son over me !:p

Thanks for all the pic's, frosted pearl is one of my fav. colors.:biggrin:

She's gorgeous!..

Little Miss is tinkling and pooping like normal now, hooray! She's even done both in the litter box. So proud :) Her nose had some white discharge dried on the fur around it last night so I'm going to keep an eye on it and then bring her to the vet in a few days if it doesn't go away. She appears healthy, but she just spent a week stressed out in a barn with 100 other rabbits so she could have picked something up. The breeder told me that 3 bunnies died in the barn this year :( That makes me so sad, poor buns. They weren't her bunnies- she loves her rabbits and set up a trailer outside the barn with one of those big pop up ventilated tents so her rabbits could take turns every day running around in the shade with a fan blowing on them. She also put Benebac in all her rabbits' food and a bit of apple cider vinegar in their water. I really liked that breeder and her daughter :)

Aww, that's such a cute story! I'm happy for you, I love the feeling of just KNOWING that a bunny is right for you.
She's adorable too, and it's not because I'm fond of Hollands either! I LOVE her colour, it's really pretty and different. I wish I had a rabbit of a different colour but I only ever fall in love with brown rabbits. XD

Latest posts

Back