I am very sad to inform you that...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatsMySimi

Reaction score
*Please don’t try to change my mind on this – I feel bad as it is, and we have talked about it since I had problems with Sisi (My Parents and I have been talking) And we think this is best for Simi, and for Sisi*

I am sorry to have to post on here saying that my parents and I have discussed, and we think it is best for myself, and for my rabbits if I re-home Simi and Sisi. This choice has me very upset, and I really don’t want to do it, but I do not have the time in my life for 3 rabbits, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 horses. I don’t have the room, or time to give them.

I will be starting school in 11 days, and I will be going back to training 2 times a week for 2 hours a day, each week, for the rest of the winter, and then the training will get more and more after summer/spring comes. I just don’t have time to give them all play time as I am hardly in the house.

I will be keeping Ash, and having him neutered. At that time, I will be able to let him out for free roam in my room when ever I am home, and he will be able to have a larger cage because there will be one rabbit rather than 3.

I know you all really wanted me to keep trying with the girls, but I can’t handle it, physically, or mentally. I have a lot of stress now, and I am not training, or going to school, and I know once those two start things will only get worse...

As it is, Simi and Sisi do not get the time out of their small cages they deserve, and they are both a bit moody, and should go to a home where they will be spayed, and have lots of out time...

Please don’t bash me, or anything, because as it is I am crying... You all have no clue how much it hurts me to be making this post. I love my rabbits, and giving Simi and Sisi to someone else is me trying to show them exactly how much I love them.

If there is any possibility that someone on this forum could take one of them, or know of someone in New Brunswick Canada who can take them and give them everything I can’t, please PM me the contact information. I would also like to say that if I can not find good home for them right now, I will keep them until I can find proper homes. I will make sure they are in good homes, and ask the new owners, that if it comes to a point where they can not keep them that I’d like to take them back and re-home them again.

I have one question, how unreasonable would it be for me to make up a contract, that if they are not being cared for to my standards that I could take them back? I have seen to many rabbits go to bad homes, and would hate for Simi and Sisi to somehow end up in a bad home...

I am off to bed as I can’t see the screen through the tears anymore...

A very sad, upset, stressed
ShayLee

:cry1:how sad i am so sorry that you have to rehome them. I would hope no one would bash you, it is a hard decision that you had to make, but it is made but at least you are rehoming them the right way. I am also glad to hear that you would take them back from who ever would take them to assure that they dont wind up in the shelter. i am so sorry for you and wish you luck in rehoming them.

What a brave person you are! To give up an animalyou love in hopes it might live a more complete life! I definatly think you should draft up a contract. Those bunnys are your children! You have a right to be guaranteed they are safe! I do not live anywhere near you, but I will be thinking of you, and I hope you find a new bun home that makes both you, and your rabbits happy!

Im very sorry to hear this.

First of all, a cyber hug :hug:

I know you are thinking of the best for the rabbits.

BUT, I just want to ask a few questions,

1) Why did you get Ash if you didnt have time for three?

2) Why were you talking about getting a ferret? If you dont have the time for 3 rabbits, I cant see why you would have time for a ferret.

Then again, you are being very responsible about this. I am proud of you (YOU not your decision)

But, I know they will go to great homes.

Good luck,
Silvie

I find it funny how you just were telling us that you wanted a ferret just days ago and saying how you had overreacted and finally you did have time. The members on this forum work very hard to avoid situations like this. It's hard on the bunnies and very unfair to them. It's unfair to all the members who have given you advice and support when you needed it to see that this is happening.

I think that you are making the right decision. They certainly deserve to find a home where they really will be cherished and respected for what they are.

I'm very sad for those two lil buns right now. I wish I had the means to take them.

This is very sad. It's not meant as an insult, but I can't say I'm surprised. It's great that you're going about it the right way though. Poor bunnies.

t.

myLoki wrote:
This is very sad. It's not meant as an insult, but I can't say I'm surprised. It's great that you're going about it the right way though. Poor bunnies.

t.

Ditto. You said that very well.

I won't bash, but I feel the need to play 'Mom'.
Situations such as this are teaching lessons. Think over the whole thing, when you decided to get a rabbit, the next one, and the next one. Look at how you felt, what you thought , what your circumstances were etc. And now what the outcome is. IF you are honest with yourself and IF you can find a valuable lesson in this and IF you choose not to repeat it, then you have gained Wisdom & Maturity. this is what we old people keep trying to teach the youngun's ;) But we really know wisdom and maturity come with age and life experiences.
Im sure it is hurting you, causing you sadness, guilt, embarrassment, many emotions at once. I'm sorry you have to go through the hurt. I'm sorry for your bunnies that they will go through this. I am happy to hear some mature reasoning on their rehoming. However, I cannot condone it. It does sadden me.
Just being honest with you, I;m not sure you can really expect everyone here to 'nicely' support you on this, especially due to the fact that you are keeping one rabbit AND the whole ferret discussion. There is a difference in bashing and being honest and disapproving. Disapproving is usually not 'nice' and sweet.
On that note, I really do wish you the best, support the decision to rehome, because at this point I believe it is going to end up being the best thing for them.
One word of caution though, if at some point in the near future you plan on getting another animal or aquired one before posting about it, and do post, share here, the reaction you may get might not be the most favorable or the support/excitment you would be wanting.

Good luck and do well in school! :)

~Sealy

ThatsMySimi wrote:

I have one question, how unreasonable would it be for me to make up a contract, that if they are not being cared for to my standards that I could take them back? I have seen to many rabbits go to bad homes, and would hate for Simi and Sisi to somehow end up in a bad home...

ShayLee

I think it would be very unreasonable for a contract stating that if they were not taken care of to your standards you could take them back, unless you base the contract on the standard you are providing them with now.

Once an individual rehomes an animal, it is no longer theirs, and there is no legal standing on those grounds, unless you go through a lawyer to draw up a contract with specific outlines of what the "standards" should be.

In most cases, the standards are the minimum requirements your area requires for any pet owner/breeder/meat raiser.

I know I was just talking about getting a Ferret, but I was not thinking straight. A lot of things have come up, and I can't handle 3.

I would like to say that even though I have three rabbits, and my bond is the strongest, Simi and Sisi are who brought me to Ash.

I know most do not agree with this, but hear me out.

I was talking with my sister and mother agian, on howI really don't want to get rid of my rabbits, and we have come to a deal, Mom has agreed to it, as has my sister and father.

I would like to keep Simi, And Ash, have Ash nutered, and bond them, that way they wont be left alone at home allday and will have some company. Right now caging three rabbits is TOO much for me. I am a bery emotioal person, and some of the smallest things get me going. Anyway, back on track, I will have Ash neutered, and *TRY* to bond them, I understand it may not work until Simi is spayed, and even then it may not work, but I will try... If I can or even if I cant bond them, I will savve up the money to take Simi acrossed the border to a vet who will/can do the spay (I can't find a vet who will do spays here, only neuters). However, because I will have to pay gas, and the vet, this will take me longer. My sister, Amanda, has offered to pay half of Ash's neuter so I can keep Simi. She'd like to see me keep Sisi, however, it just doesn't look good.

If I can bond Ash and Simi, I will be able to take just aboue half of my room, and make a nice large NIC cage for them, or something, just as great in size....

I know you all are proabably getting royaly p***ed off at me, because Ichange whats happeneing so often, but I have been trying to find a way to keep all three of my babies since I posted here about Sisi.

I don't feel that what any of what anyone said was hurtful, or ment to hurt me. I can understand that you all are sad, and most likliey mad that I am getting rid of them, but please know, I have doneeverything I can to keep them/her.

It is good to hear that you are going to try to keep two. I do feel badly for Sisi. It is not her fault that she is a young, tempermental, unspayed female. We are looking for a bunny to bond with Gingivere, but because of her personality I know that it could not be Sisi...though I wish I could give her a home and a chance. I wish you the best in rehoming Sisi.

Oh, and about a contract...that would not only notbe legally feasible...I think presumptuous and rude. And short of having something drawn up by a lawyer (which you cannot afford if you cannot afford a spay), you wouldn't really have any recourse if the person did not abide by your contract anyway.

I do understand your reason for wishing you could have one, though. We have a cat we've considered rehoming. We took her in as a stray always planning to find another home for her. She cannot be near other cats as she attacks them (I have the wounds from a battle yesterday that prove it). We have chosen NOT to rehome unless it is a someone who we KNOW would return her to us if there were a problem. Having her here is not convenient or easy. But I will not give her to anyone I don't know and trust. And after 1 1/2 years here (rehoming "fosters" isnot always easy) we love her in spite of the hassles and are now even more reluctant to rehome her.

I do hope you can find a good solution for Sisi. Keep us posted.

-Mary Ellen

Thank you for you're kind words... I do feel VERY bad about getting rid of Sisi, as much as we didn't get along, I do love her, and giving her up really hurts me... However, there was a slight chance I may have gotten rid of ALL of my rabbits - and I chnged it to keeping two. I doubt theres a way to keep Sisi, and I will send her to a home where she can be taken and spayed. Also, I will tell the person about this site, and ask them to keep in touch.

Thanks for reading. Iam off to a wedding now (Gross)
Shay

I am so sad I don't know what to say. Maybe it is for the best andSisi will find a better home for herself.One where she will get everything she desrves.

what a crummy situation. good luck, buns. i am sorry thatsmysimi. but it's quite noble of you to be looking for a home for them where they will be properly loved and cared for.

:shock:Im really sorry Shay, why have I only seen this thread now!? If you no that you wouldnt be able to spend good time and care with all 3buns then your doing the right thing. I no how much you love them, espes Simi, Im really really sorry to hear this and Im sure I speak for everyone when I say that were all here for you. If you ever want to talk about it my PM box is always open. Hope I can talk to you on MSN soon. Love-

~Hannah,Bracken&Warren~

Latest posts

Back