I am a homeowner!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brandy456 wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
naturestee wrote:
Time for a No More Mortgage party!  Woot!:highfive:
I can't wait until I get the documents marked "Paid in Full".  I can't decide whether to burn them or frame them!
FRAME!
Make up a check, of your usual mortgage payment and rip it in half, and frame it under
:)

I like that idea.

Brandy456 wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
naturestee wrote:
Time for a No More Mortgage party! Woot!:highfive:
I can't wait until I get the documents marked "Paid in Full". I can't decide whether to burn them or frame them!
FRAME!
Make up a check, of your usual mortgage payment and rip it in half, and frame it under
I like the idea of scanning and printing out the paid docs for framing and let the bunnies shred the originals. It's their house too! They havea right to be in on some of the funj.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Brandy456 wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
naturestee wrote:
Time for a No More Mortgage party! Woot!:highfive:
I can't wait until I get the documents marked "Paid in Full". I can't decide whether to burn them or frame them!
FRAME!
I like the idea of scanning and printing out the paid docs for framing and let the bunnies shred the originals. It's their house too! They havea right to be in on some of the funj.

Congratulations!

Denise

slavetoabunny wrote:
:jumpforjoy:  I paid off my house today!!!!  It felt so good putting that envelope in the mailbox.

That is awesome, and you are very young to have done that! I paid cash for my house, in 2001, but that was only $54,000, and I was 33 at the time, and had rented cheap apartments over the years, with moderate paying jobs, so it wasn't a big deal for me. I bought this house with the full intention of staying in it until I die. I saw an opportunity and took it.

Gordon wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
:jumpforjoy: I paid off my house today!!!! It felt so good putting that envelope in the mailbox.

That is awesome, and you are very young to have done that! I paid cash for my house, in 2001, but that was only $54,000, and I was 33 at the time, and had rented cheap apartments over the years, with moderate paying jobs, so it wasn't a big deal for me. I bought this house with the full intention of staying in it until I die. I saw an opportunity and took it.

That's really awesome Gordon. We could have paid cash for the house, but it would have almost exhausted our savings and I didn't want to do that. I chose to put the house on an accelerated repayment schedule instead. My original goal was 10 years, but I managed to do it in 5. It will really sink in when I don't have to mail Chase a check next month.

BTW.....I'm not that young, lol!

slavetoabunny wrote:
Brandy456 wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
naturestee wrote:
Time for a No More Mortgage party!  Woot!:highfive:
I can't wait until I get the documents marked "Paid in Full".  I can't decide whether to burn them or frame them!
FRAME!
I like the idea of scanning and printing out the paid docs for framing and let the bunnies shred the originals.  It's their house too!  They have a right to be in on some of the funj.
You may want to keep the originals, you know.. just in case :p

Back