I almost died yesterday :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...how awful!! I can't believe you had to go through this! How horrible...and terrifying!

I'm glad you're doing okay now, though, and I hope you don't get any more difficulties from the experience.

Gosh, I can only imagine...I went through anaphylactic shock once bad enough that my breathing was totally cut off. But I was a teenager at the time, without Em yet, so I can't imagine going through the same thing in front of her! How awful!

LOL! Patti is only as evil as I am.... I told the medics that I was sure I wouldn't have fleas after all of that! LOL!

I also complained about the bugs biting me last night while lexi rode.... I thought I'd be immune for a while LOL!

Rosie, that's pretty much what it was but what was added was that I had the poison in my lungs and it was a powder-based bomb. So, my throat closed, the fog burned me AND my lungs were at least partially full of crap.

It's the most scarey thing! What are you allergic to? I am allergic to bees and have had it happen from that, but it was different this time. It's bad no matter what tho!

Good Gosh Bo, I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better.

How scarey that must have been for you.

I hope you don't end up with pneumonia, I've had it a few time in the past few years, boy it sure isn't fun. It was so difficult to breathe. I can usually feel it coming on so my Doctor prescribes an antibiotice for me.

Susan :)

Oh my gosh! Thats awful!
I am glad you are feeling better. And glad you thought to rinse your face, I probably would never have thought of that.
I hope you don't get pneumonia.
Feel better soon.
Amanda

Thanks again!

I don't know if I told you all this but my daughter and son told me they HEARD me in the house before I even got outside.... my attempt to get air caused a huge whistle sound/wheezing/squeal! That sort of freaked me out. I also remembered the firemen saying they weren't expecting me to be sitting up and alert from what they heard over the dispatch.... I guess I was expected to need CPR?

I'm doing ok, but a bit ago I awakened to coughing and feeling tight chested again.

A couple of times now I have been out shopping or at the horse complex and had a slight asthma moment... not an attack but a short burst of what one is like. I just had to stop and take a good breath and get a drink.

I think my body is just getting over the situation.

I woke up yesterday and had a flea on my arm!!! Luckily it was dying. Dog might not be sleeping with me anymore if she keeps dragging her *friends* along!! LOL!

:shock: Oh Pennie! Please take care! Ask your doctor about using an inhaler to keep the airways open. Those flea bombs are nasty! I HATE them! You poor girl!

(Could you get some Frontline and treat the dogs with that? ...makes them poisonous to the fleas for 3 months! Fleas bite them and DIE! I hate Fleas too!)

Cathy, we had put medicine on the cats, the dog takes a pill for fleas and we bathed them all before that with flea shampoo!!!

I went and got their advantage and put it on them the night before last and they are almost flea free! just a few young ones dying off right now.

When I used Frontline, it seemed like the fleas thought it was a flavor enhancer for them.......

Oh MY! What kind of fleas do you have in that part of the country? SUPER FLEAS? I hate fleas!!!! They are SO hard to get rid of!

We have had such a huge amount of rain and dampness we are having tick issues. I hate them too! And with 3 longer haired dogs, I feel like I spend so much time checking them!)

Please feel better... I'm so sorry you got a face full of that stuff... NASTY! How are your lungs today?

yep we have a longer haired dog, and two medium long haired cats.... it's not fun! We have some ticks here as well..... This is the first time in several years we've had a flea problem..... I think it's the weather.

I feel ok today.... just trying to get back to normal.

My parents are using Comfortis and having huge success with it. I will be buying it when we're done with the box of meds we already bought for Kirby.

omg Pennie i am just reading this, i am ssssssssoooooooooooo glad that you are alive and are feeling better. oh my gosh how scary for you and your kids.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I told Bo that I went through H$LL so that he wouldn't get those nasty little fleabs in his soft and pretty fur..... He told me he'd like a craisen...... :expressionless

Oh the things our bunnies make us go through! I'm so glad you're ok! Take care!

FREEZE or FLEAS... hmm...... I think I will go ahead and kill fleas LOL!

Thanks all.... and we've had fleas when we didn't have an animal in the house!! You can pick them up on your feet!

Bunnies make me very nervous about fleas and stuff like that.

Wow this was terrifying to read and I am so glad you are OK after that ordeal. My sister used to get horrendous asthma attacks that sounded like what you described with the wheezing. I don't have any experience with fleas or flea bombs so this was insane to see.

Hopefully you never have to bomb again, but if you do I bet next time you hire out someone to do it!

Thank you for asking! but I can't really tell - I'm too busy! LOL! This is county fair week. I got up to get a drink and now I can't get back to sleep!

I think what happened has made my asthma a bit worse but the weather is awesome so I am so thankful for that!

I didn't get pneumonia but I do have a slight cough and I get sore in one area of my left lung. I actually think the exercise and being outside most all day right now is helping!

I noticed that when we had a bit of a breeze kick up some dust.... I started coughing really bad and I've had more issues where my throat feels like it's closing some.

Being around any type of fumes kills me now. We fly spray the horses all over.... and so does everyone else.. and I hide when they seem to all do it LOL!

It was the county fair here too--so many cute bunnies (lots that look like Bo too)! Anyway, I'm glad it's not affecting you too much.

Back