I almost died yesterday :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
I haven't been on much lately cause we're just so busy. John is working out of state and won't be home for a couple of months now. I have been preparing for my son's departure to Purdue in August and the kids are really busy with 4H.

We noticed that the flea medicine that Sydney was on wasn't working and the cats and Syd have fleas..... so I checked the bunnies.. they are fine. I got some flea bombs and we hurried to put the animals outside since it was cool yesterday.

Then it happened. I set the bombs off and one got me right in the face. I went immediately into respiratory distress.... I couldn't get air no matter how hard I tried.... the kids could hear me from outside.... huge loud whistle noise when I was attempting to get a breath. I was only getting about 1% of the air I needed. I started getting light headed, fainting, losing my eyesight..... the ambulance took what seemed FOREVER!
Before I passed out, I managed to get Lexi to get the hose for me and I rinsed my head, face and mouth..... I got a tiny bit of air in and felt like I could hang on for the medics. By the time they got here, they were actually shocked to see me sitting up and breathing because of what they heard over the airwaves from the dispatcher.

All I could think of was that I was going to die in front of my kids and that I wish I had gotten to hold Bo yesterday more than I did before we took them out....

I was taken to the ER and they put me on Oxygen for a while, moisture and lots of ice water for the actual poisoning I received. My muscles are SO sore from how hard I was trying to get air, and have inhilation burns in my mouth, throat and lungs, but I am ok. Thank God.

Be careful when you use pesticides....... now I know what some animals go through when they are treated with the wrong products :(

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you are still with us and for the most part okay. What a horrifying experience! :hug:

OMG Bo I just read this; I haven't left the infirmary for days ...

that it truly a horrible experience :shock:

you are so lucky that you came out of it; I hope that you don't have any permanent problems resulting from it
Please let us know how you are doing

Hugs
Maureen

Oh my dear god, Pennie!
I am so relieved that you're OK! I can't possibly imagine how terrified you must have been :(
:hug:
big big big hugs to you and your family.
I really hope you feel better soon!
Talk about divine intervention...:pray:

Thanks for your wishes and stuff. It was the most terrifying thing I've ever been through personally. (Kids always scare you sometime or another!)

They think I'll likely get pneumonia but so far, I am doing pretty good.

Now I know how the stuff kills those little fleas!!! :p

So while we aired the house out really, really well once I got back home.......

I went to my cousin's next door to me and looked at all their baby dutchies and played with the ducks, our goat and just got a bunch of fresh air!

Oh, and phoned my husband to tell him of my trip in the ambulance...... I could almost see the look he got..... kinda like the one I had the whole time in the ER:

:foreheadsmack:HOW was I so stupid?!??! I tipped the cans away from myself, but I set them off in a poor pattern so I had to cross by one after it had been going....

I told Bo that I went through H$LL so that he wouldn't get those nasty little fleabs in his soft and pretty fur..... He told me he'd like a craisen...... :expressionless

;)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I All I could think of was that I was going to die in front of my kids and that I wish I had gotten to hold Bo yesterday more than I did before we took them out....

Awwwww, this is my favorite part -- little Bo is right up there with the kids. ;)

:inlove:

I swear he was looking at me with the most worried look on his face (he was outside on my deck when I came out trying to get air)....

I got a nice snuggle later. He kinda liked being outside in his cage. Clover FREAKED out.... HE (boy is that a challenge for us.... we say SHE all the time and then IT lol) was very nervous and we had to put a cover over the cage. We also pushed his cage really close to Bo's to comfort him. Strange that the wild one was more worried than Bo.... who hasn't really ever been outside much.

Tony hung out, and napped LOL!

OMG Pennie

I reallly hope you come out of this with no problems. I am glad your ok for the most part please keep us updated your in my prayers

Isn' there some kind of meds in inhalation form that you could be on to prevent the pneumonia ; why don't you ask

or inhalation therapy treatments as an outpatient ?

What a horrific accident

i would have thought it would have affected your eyes also//:(
really awful
Maureen

Luckily, I had my glasses on and they blocked the mist for the most part. My face and eyes were itchy and stuff, but I rinsed my face which the doc said was the best thing I could do at that point.

I would think there is something to help prevent the pneumonia, but they didn't say anything and the paperwork doesn't describe anything. I might have to phone my own doctor about it. My chest feels a bit tight this morning.. but it also feels like I'm getting some stuff out - coughing.

Maybe since I keep active and I am so busy right now it will keep me from getting too sick... maybe I'll keep things moving!

Thanks again for the well-wishes. I just wanted to tell all of you about it cause it scared me so much. I'll be fine but I can't believe I was so stupid!!

Look at the bright side Pennie. At least you can be assured you don't have fleas! All joking aside, that situation could have been so much worse. I'll glad you're OK.

OMG Pennie! I just saw this!

That sounds absolutely terrifying. I'm so glad you're ok! :hug:

Poor Bo looking all worried at you!

If you're keeping active, don't overdo it! :shame I hope you don't get pneumonia!

Phew! what a relief you had a fast thinking mind and fast thinking (ace) kids.

I hope you do stay healthy from here on in and that it doesn't cause you problems. Seeing your doc definitely sounds like a smart idea.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Look at the bright side Pennie. At least you can be assured you don't have fleas! All joking aside, that situation could have been so much worse. I'll glad you're OK.

OMG you are so evil....LOL

Pennie
I would call your Dr and ask if there is anything that would help you with this or even call posion control ..in case there are any after effects

posion control for humans is free but for pets it costs.

Latest posts

Back