Husband will never leave again!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaileysMom

Reaction score
Ok, so my husband left Thursday night with a friend to go down to Florida from Illinois and won't be back till tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon early evening. They were driving down there to get a car and driving straight there and back. My husband has a cell phone but we don't have service in those area and won't pay roaming charges so I can't call him either. (HIS friend has a phone but that is besides the point)

This morning on Craigslist I seen an add for an exercise pen that I have been looking for, and 2 dutch rabbits, I called the lady and talked to her and she has to rehome them because she has ashma (sp?) and didn't realize that they shed that much and it isn't working for her. She CLEARLY loved these rabbits, they were well taken care of. When I get there I was NOT expecting what happened. She had a long cage with a shorter cage stacked on top with a hole in the bottom and a ramp built to get to the top, then one side was off of the bottom cage with a wooden hutch/nest box thing that she made for them. plus 2 sets of the plastic folding exercise pens, a couple wooden toys that she had made, litter boxes, food dishes, water bottles, bedding, hay, and a huge roll of linoleum that ALL went with them PLUS they are spayed and neutered pair. So how could I possibly say no?

Hubby doesn't know it yet, I'm going to wait to see if he notices when he get home :sofa:He knows I got an exercise pen but he doesn't know about the rest. Which also means that we have a bunny count of 6. I was done at 4 but I just couldn't turn these little sweeties down. And they were taken such good care of, she gave them her whole dining room to live they had free run of it except when she wasn't home. She fed them alfalfa/timothy hay because they are still young and they are already use to greens. I really feel bad for the lady because she truly loved them but said she had to put her own health first which I can totally understand. Now let's just pray that it won't put me to an early death :rip: But hey, it's the hubby's fault for leaving me all by my lonesome w/ 2 little girls that only encourage situations like this......right?

LOL i had a good chuckle. I'd love to see your hubby's face when he sees the bunnies.

Are they indoor or outdoor bunnies at your place? And do you have any pictures yet?

Susan:)

They are indoor bunnies, and no pictures yet, I will have to try to get them tomorrow morning. Their names (which she said they don't know them yet) are Butch and Bugsby which I'm not so fond of, I thought about Bonnie and Clyde or Mocha and Latte, I don't know, I'm almost afraid to name them yet LOL.

lol, Im sure once he see's their cute little faces.... :p and hey to this day my dad has no idea that I had my first rabbit, Kari, for quite some time BEFORE my parents split up, he thinks I got her after he left lol

Oh it is definitely his fault for leaving an addict alone with no support system. Relapse is part of recovery you know so you're not to blame. Especially if you were left with two enablers. :biggrin2:

Please let us know how long takes him to notice. LOL

This sort of thing has happened to me several times, especially if the kids are with me. :pleaseplease:

He's not due to be home today till around noon, so I still have some time LOL. Unfortuantely cute doesn't seem to affect him the way it does me. BUT he does know my addictive personality LOL.
I'm glad you guys agree that he should never have left me alone LOL. I'll work on those pics once I have some coffee in me LOL.

I've heard your story time and again! lol.. Hope its all going well and how great of you to take them in.. Will be waiting for the next "installment" of your story.. Good luck!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner everyone, hubby came home, it only took him about 5 min. to see the rabbits lol, he didn't get mad at all. Once I told him the whole story AND informed him that they were already spayed and neutered which meant we wouldn't have to shell out a bunch of money he was fine with it, infact later on last night when they were out in the exercise pen, every time he walked by he would bend over and pet them even and he doesn't even care about the rabbits.
This is very out of the "norm" for him, usually he would get upset and then let it go. He did make the comment of, "And you say I need to learn to tell people no" LOL because he is a mechanic and people are ALWAYS calling him asking him to work on their stuff so he is gone A LOT, but he was saying it in a joking manner. Whooo HOOOOO!!!

So here is the pictures, I think I am going to go with Mocha and Latte

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

The lady had said they were dwarf rabbitsso I asked her if they were dutch rabbits andwhere she got them and she said a pet store when they were itty bitty and they had them labeled dwarf but after research she thought they were dutch also. Pet stores they don't get much right these days.

I LOVE your story! I think it's great that your husband was very understanding. I'm sure next time he leaves, he'll take you with him. One of the dutch looks like my Baci.

Thank you, I was definitely in need of a happy ending story in my life for a change and this has definitley helped me a LOT. I even thanked my husband later that day for not getting mad.
Mocha the brownish one, I don't know how you would classify the color also has blue eyes, even though they just show up red in the pictures LOL

pictures are great! mocha and latte are great names! my fiance is the same way except with baby chicks and ducklings so he has no room to talk when i get my bunnies hahaha! :nicethread

If it make you feel better I would have done the same thing!! Just say honey a man with a mask broke into the house and said if I didn't take these bunnies bad things would happen!! lol so what other option did you have but to take the cute little bunnies!!

You can make a variation on that story.

They are so cute...love the pics and congrats on your new babies.

Back