Humping Problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicalovesjesse

Reaction score
[align=center]Okay so here goes...
Pippin has developed a humping problem.
He doesn't hump people. He humps the fleece in his cage. Alot.
It's weirding me out because he is roughly 5-6 years old and has never humped anything in his life until a few days ago.
I will point out that he isn't neutered, but I also haven't had any issues with his "boyness" until recently.
Any reasons why he would out of the blue be doing this?

[/align]

jessicalovesjesse wrote:
[align=center]Okay so here goes...
Pippin has developed a humping problem.
He doesn't hump people. He humps the fleece in his cage. Alot.
It's weirding me out because he is roughly 5-6 years old and has never humped anything in his life until a few days ago.
I will point out that he isn't neutered, but I also haven't had any issues with his "boyness" until recently.
Any reasons why he would out of the blue be doing this?

[/align]
at his age,suddenly having this afliction.??-not neutered-is generally why.,,but suddenly.??...do an over all exam/visual/physical/teeth/lumps/poops/gi tract/..,review his diet--70% hay,some quality pellets daily,,some greens.//.basically just try to rule out any problems---he could be a late bloomer.??..sincerely james waller:wave::rose:

Physically he seems fine.
Normal poops.
Eating fine. Drinking normal amounts of water.
He has constant access to fresh water and hay. Gets a small bunny salad everyday.

He has started doing another thing.
Thumping at me a lot.
He has always been somewhat of a brat and would thump if I picked him up or something.
But now he is doing it if I even walk in the room.
]=

My first thought is that there can be a hormone imbalance that is showing up now that he is an older bun. Perhaps a testicular tumor or something else. I would take him to the vet, actually. Just because he is an older bun and a change in hormones can indicate a much more serious problem for an unneutered bun.

I am also a member of another forum where an older neutered bun has humping issues. It turned out to be a bladder stone for him, and whenever the stone comes back he gets the urge to hump again.

Back