How to make bunnies more active

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika77

Reaction score
My three bunnies have become very lazy and I am not sure why. They eat just fine, actually the only time they get excite is when they get fed. The three of them are bonded and really have no interest in people at all, only come to me when I have food. But it used to be fun to watch them while they played and hopped around the room. Now days they almost never come out of the cage (its open almost all the time) and really all they ever do is sit around. They snugle with each other and sometimes fight a bit but get along okay most of the time. Clover is the laziest of the three and he only moves to go eat or use the litterbox. Bindi is a bit more active since he is the youngest but still she is much less active then she was even a few months ago and also almost never leaves the cage. Clover is 6-7 years old, Lilly is possibly around four and Bindi about two.
So I am wondering why they have become so overly calm and also if there is something i should do to get them more active. I hate to say this on this forum but honestly they have become boring. Any suggestions?

You need to give them a purpose. If they only have to take a couple of hops and they have food, water, litter tray, comfy bed and snuggles on hand - why do anything else.

A wild bun would spend hours grazing and finding food and checking out their territory for changes. I'd suggest you change their setup so they have to do the same. Moving the different areas (bed/water/tray) they use further apart so they have to travel in between. Get rid of the food bowl and hide the food around the room, like an easter egg hunt! Put it on things, under things, in things so they have to jump on, in an over things to get it and move things and chew them to get at the best bits.

Latest posts

Back