How to know when rabbits are successfully bonded?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly09

Reaction score
I asked this in my blog about bonding my two rabbits, but I didn't get any responses so I figured I'd start a new thread about the topic.

During the past 5 months they have been living side by side. They share a room that is split in half by a long baby play pen gate sectional. So each has his/her own side. I have never had problems with them being aggressive through the gate.

The bonding process has been going great! They have been having dates that range from 1.5-2.5 hours a day during the past 2 weeks. Varying from everyday to every other day depending on how busy I am. Yesterday was their first long date that lasted about 6.5 hours. There has not been any humping or fighting at all during this whole process. So I have no clue who is dominate. The both currently groom each other and lay next to each other. I have successfully increased their space and introduced hay, litter box, toys, cardboard hiding box, and they eat lettuce together.

They currently have their bunny dates in the space that will be their permanent home together, which is my laundry room. Right now they only have access to about half of it. I want to make sure they keep their litter habits before giving them free roam of the rest of the room.

But the dilemma I'm currently in is I don't know if they are successfully bonded yet? I've never done this before so I'm not sure what to use as "signs".

If you've had a 6.5h date without a single sign of dissension, I'm inclined to say they're bonded :).

Thank you Imbrium for the advise! Well yesterday they were together all day and they didn't seem to have any issues so I left them together over night. They did great! So I guess they are BONDED!

I have two brothers who where raised in the same cage from day one and layed and groomed and wanted to be together 24/7 for the most part if that helps. Bonded before I got them. They are so cute together but man are they alot of work compared to one. They are little devils getting into everything when ya turn your back. They have free roam for the most part but open a gate and forget about it it's all over.

Enjoy the dynamic duo they keep ya young!!!!

Latest posts

Back