How much Pedialite can Sherry drink?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmh9023

Reaction score
Sherry's going through some health issues and everything I've been reading stresses the importance of staying well hydrated. She drinks water from her bowl, but just to see if she'd like it or if it would increase her fluid intake, I made her a dish of 1/2 water, 1/2 orange flavored Pedialite. Well...she absolutely LOVES it! She's lapping it up like crazy. Is there a "dosage" of Pedialite that should be given. I don't want to over do it if it could be harmful in some way. But if there's not a limit this could be great for increasing her drinking!!

Thanks! According to my calculations she can have between 3 1/2 to 7 Tbsp. per day with the mean amount being closer to the lower end. This is going to be awesome for increasing her water intake. I can't thank you enough for all the help and information you'e given me so far!

I gave her a cornstarch bath tonight and it worked real well. I think if I do one more tomorrow she'll be completely dry and smell-free! :) Tomorrow I'm making her an appt at The Healing Oasis in Sturtevant (Racine) for a consultation. They do things like massage, chiropractic, accupuncture, etc. She's my tiny little champion! :)

Cara

Great :)

actually if she's on an antibiotic I would give her benebac also
I actually give Beau way more pedialyte than I should have when he woudn't drink on his own; I know that it was too much sugar..but he really liked it too.
You can use your own judgement on this also. ..watch the poops

Nutrical is great; my rabbits hate it so I would have to smear it into a paw :)
I could not find the ingredients in the cat benebac from foster and smith so tried to find what I have here

it is a powder that I mix into banana and they don't know they are eating it.

I couldn't find small animal benebac on foster and smith and I don't know if it's same as cat benebac so here is another site

http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=0&pf_id=4157
They sell this product at petco and also sell the gel tubes that are tiny. if you get the gel be sure to check the expiration date on it as you don't want to give anything in the gel outdated.

Randy says the important ingredient is lactobacillus casei

I know that lactobacillus casei is inthe small animal benebac and you could check for it in the cat kind too.

Latest posts

Back