How much hay for overnight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyGrandbunns

Reaction score
Hi dear Bunny family,
I have read bunny's are meant to have limitless hay. But i really don't know how much to give our boy-(recently widowed from his bunny wife). At night before i go to bed I leave him a big hunk of timothy hay in a couple of places in his living room-aka my dining room/kitchen. But i don't know how much is right. What do others do- particularly for over night.
Thanks!
Mary
Grandma of Jett the bunny

They tend to like to munch their hay during the night (late evening, early morn) so be sure to provide plenty. One general guideline is to be sure to have your rabbit's body size in hay then refresh during the day.

They tend to like to munch their hay during the night (late evening, early morn) so be sure to provide plenty. One general guideline is to be sure to have your rabbit's body size in hay then refresh during the day.
oh thanks- thats helpful re body size. When there was him and his wife they would scoff their supper so fast it was all gone in an hour. He is definitely less "greedy" now and paces himself. I find old hay not eaten in the morning. I guess it goes stale and he wants fresh timothy hay haha. Once you've had a stasis bun- him- and a bunny die from it- his dear wife- you get really hypervigilant re checking they are eating etc.

Latest posts

Back