How much do your buns cost monthly?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see. I live in the Bronx where everything is 1341234134x more expensive, I'm sure my monthly costs are gonna give me a heart attack in a second.

Oxbow Timothy Pellets 10 lb bag, usually around $19 depending on shipping and it lasts 3 months.

Carefresh Natural Bedding, (my neighbors have a flock of chickens, so they make the two hour drive up to our nearest TSC) spent $40 on two huge packages 2 months ago and just barely started my second package.

Vet Bills, $75 a month. I was still paying off his neuter back when he got gas and went into stasis, and the bill just multiplied.

Greens, about $9 a week. Escarole went up $2 a pound last week, so thats making it more expensive than usual. Kashi gets huge salads though, usually 3 or 4 pieces of Romaine, 3 or 4 pieces of Escarole, a handful of Chicory, 7 or 8 pieces of Parsley, and a handful of Dill. Sometimes I get a bunch of carrots and give him the tops and a little chunk of carrot as a treat. I also buy enough salad to feed 16 to 20 rabbits at the shelter every week as well.

I also probably spend at least $10 a month on toys/treats for him, as well.

All together, I spend over $100 a month on Kashi's cute little tush.

Yield wrote:
Thank you everyone for your input...! It's very useful! I'm trying to convince my dad still!

How do you think I can lessen the price of veggies? Any ideas?

I'm wondering if I should get cheaper pellets cause the pellets we get are quite pricey, but I'm afraid they won't have enough nutrition in them...

We use to go to local grocery stores and if you ask the manager for vegetables they are going to get rid of for your pets they should give you some. They would give us vegetables that while not edible for people where fresh enough for pets. We had our rabbits and several reptiles and all our vegetables came to us from the store for free. We often had surplus.

AndersonsRabbits wrote:
The amount some of you pay is making me choke lol.

I've nearly 20 rabbits. Most are Harlequins - LARGE... Fuzzy lops, small, and 2 English Lops GIANT.

- $30.00 - 150 pounds of feed
- I've still got some of one bale of straw left, it was free because the guy who gave it to me, I drove his truck to pick up his tractor. And so he gave me a bale of straw.....otherwise 2 dollars.

- $5.00 - veggies. I feed as treats not as food.
- $5.00 - 50 pounds of saw dust. I don't use it often, just to clean the snake cage out, and now that I have a litter in the house. I bought it back in July and still have a ton left.
hahaha wow you would probably throw up when i tell you i was once paying $25 for a kilo of pellets and $30 for a pound of hay?

Latest posts

Back