How does this happen?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epic_win

Reaction score
So when I got Splinter off craigslist, my best friend decided she wanted a bunny also. At the time I was not aware that apparently she had rabbits in the past and always got tired of them and gave them away to family members.

So today she comes into work and says, "I don't want my rabbit anymore."

How can you not want a rabbit that you took care of and chose to give it a home. How does that happen. How can you look at a rabbit that entrusts it's life to you and say, "You're too much work and you aren't a cute baby anymore, I'm giving you away."

Long story short, I now have another bunny. Sooner than I had hoped I would. I have to keep Splinter and her separate for now. I just talked to the vet about getting Splinter fixed on Saturday, I guess I need to call again.

But I am not keeping her original name. Any help on names?

022.jpg

OMG How could anyone not love that sweet little face?

What was her name? I think she needs a cute little girly name like Cherub or something. She looks like an Angel.

Her name was Carly, but I'm not fond of that name because she named her after some kids show

I like the name Adeline, but I just wanted feedback from everyone.

hey new home , new begining, new name!!!!!!! She is so cute,lucky you

You ask how does it happen? I dont have an answer cause if i had the answer we could find a solution and there would be no unwanted animals,lol, that would be great.

I just couldn't believe it. I have no problem taking her because when they were younger they got along fine, so I'm hoping after I get them fixed they will still be great buds.

She is truly adorable. She isn't very friendly because my friend never handled her too much, but I hope with some TLC and spaying she will warm up to people.

:)

Epic_win wrote:
Her name was Carly

Hey I was going to say Karlee!! haha!

She is adorable!! Send her my way!!

Here are some cutes names that I think fit her:

Anna

Maggie

Ellie

Isabel

Sophie

and Memory.

Gosh she is just soooooo:adorable:

Pretty disgusting behaviour, eh?
I usually find I can't stand to be around such shallow, irresponsible folks when I've learned what they have done to their pets. Knew a vet tech who would regularly take on new animals, ask her friends to "petsit", then refuse to take the animals back.

She is charming! So glad they've already got a positive history together :)
As for names, do you prefer "people" names like Natalie, or unique names (more like your Splinter)?

I was thinking of naming her Adeline. Nickname being Addie.

I wanted her to have a cute name, but not so common.

Well she seems to be a mix breed. Her dad was definitely a Holland lop because I have seen him, but she looks slightly different than her brother Splinter. Some kind of mini-lop.

But she is bigger than my boy already.

Try it out! I tried to call Stuart "Harvey" for about two weeks until I figured out that it wasn't coming out of my mouth very naturally.

Some folks suggest choosing a name that is similar to the bun's original name to reduce confusion, but if she didn't recieve a lot of interaction (and never heard her name much), that may not be an issue...

Thank you :)

I'm glad that I know Splinter already gets along with her. I'm hoping it won't be a hard transition.

040.jpg

Oh my gosh!!!

How could you say that you don't want her- she is surely the most adorable thing ever! What was your friend's reason for not wanting her anymore? :X

I think she is lucky to have found a better home and a better life for herself.... I hope she and Splinter can be bonded when they're fixed.... :D

Well done!

Epic_win wrote:
I was thinking of naming her Adeline. Nickname being Addie.

I wanted her to have a cute name, but not so common.
WHen I saw you post Adeline, I thought OMG! she looks like a little Addie!!! I love it!

Aww, that's too bad that her "owner" didn't feel up to the job. It just burns me sometimes. On the other hand, it sounds like she found a good home with you, and you have an adorable new addition! :) Congrats!

040.jpg

This has just got to be one of the cutest pictures ever. They look adorable together. I am so pleased you took her in - she's one lucky bun. I hope your friend never decides to get another rabbit :X.

I think Addie is a great shortened name for her, and Adeline very ladylike :)

Jan

Latest posts

Back