How Do You Spend Christmas Day?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG i just started listening to Slade....

I can officially say now 'ITS CHRIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAS!'

Go Noddy!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

pinksalamander wrote:
OMG i just started listening to Slade....

I can officially say now 'ITS CHRIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAS!'

Go Noddy!

WOOOOO

My Christmas hat is officially allowed to be worn!!1

Becca wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:
I'll be doing RO Today on Christmas Day, If I can post! I'm having such difficulty recently. If I can I will try to plan something special. There probably won't be that much new news so I'll have to think of something else!

I bet it will be super anyway :p
I'm Fran's stand in if she can't post. I'll probably have my laptop at my parents or at the very least I'll have internet access to do it, but I must warn you all now- as I said I will be drinking from midday lol so there may be typos!! :p

As for Christmas Eve, I really want it to be nicer this year. The past couple of years have involved last-minute trips to town/the Mall to get last minute presents, gift wrap, etc. Which is always such a nightmare. This year I want to be able to relax and chill out a bit! There will undoubtedly be some last-minute wrapping etc lol....

In the evening of Christmas Eve, we go to the pub with all of my friends, exchange our group Secret Santa presents and have a few drinks to celebrate :) We probably get to bed at about 1am?

I'm so excited about Christmas now! :D

We're doing the same as we have done for about 13 years: Up early to go to the shelter www.stayawhilecatshelter.org to do cleaning and feeding. Greg and I do it to give the director and folks with kids a chance to be with their family. Fortunately our church service is Christmas Eve and not the Day.

Then we go to the Salvation Army witha group of other families from our church and we help cook and serve dinner to anyone who wants or needs it. We get the usual diners from Project Munch plus a lot of single folks who have no family. It's really a blessing to me to see some of the young single people and have a happy time instead of being alone. The SA andmany churches spend weeks putting together all sorts of Christmas baskets for people to take home.

This year we are adding something different. Greg is taking his LGB train layout, the Christmas train, and will be setting it upin advance. It's G scale (large scale and will run outside so the kids have some entertainment.

We usually do our own at home Christmas dinner and celebration about3-5 days after Christmas so we can have our friends over. Most spend Christmas Day with their famiies so this gives us all a chance to get together and celebrate with 'Family of choice'.

We decided not to exchange gifts this year with each other but to put 1/2 the money in savings and donate the rest to the shelter. We might get each other something as token for a few bucks.

Well, our aunt comes down from Maine to stay at my Grandma's house around Christmas. On Christmas day, I wake up at 8:30ish, which sucks, 'cause we can't open presents until "Everyone is here", so that means I have to wait until my brother wakes up. D= (9-ish, sometimes later), so I get to sit there and stare at the presents for half an hour. But once he wakes up, We open presents, go through our stockings, play with the toys, etc. Than we go over to my Grandma's house, open more presents, play with the presents, stay there all day, and eat a big dinner and have desert.

So, basically,

8:30-9ish: Waking up
9:30-10:30- Opening and playing with presents
10:30-6pm: At my grandma's, opening presents, eating dinner, etc.
6:30-ish: go home, play with toys, be on the computer, etc. for the rest of the day

(Yeah, we stay at my Grandma's FOREVER. Most of the time is just the adults making dinner, so me and my brother make sure we have our Nintendo DSes, Charging cords, pleanty of games, etc. Sometimes we even bring the Wii.)

But, it's fun. :)

~Xila :purplepansy:

Latest posts

Back