How did you come up with your bunny's name?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belle started out as "Oliver" when we thought she was a he, when we found out that she was a she i had to scramble for a name, i really liked the name Oliver and I couldnt keep calling my girlie rabbit Oliver. I like the disney movie Beauty and the Beast, so I started throwing the name Belle around and it just stuck.

Benny - came with his name and i kept it.

Charger - When I got him i threw a bunch of names around and a few of them I loved, but when he kept "charging" us when i had my hand in the cage my son finally said "Let's call him Charger" So i told him that we would call Charger until he grew out of his bitting and charging, well needless to say he is still called Charger ,lol.

He is very big, and when I found him he had an injured leg that almost needed amputation as well as being extremely underweight, with a bloody nose (that turned out to be a cuterebra living up his nose.)

I kept thinking how much he had been through in such a young life (he was only about 4 months old when I found him), which brought me to the story Gulliver's Travels..hence...Gulliver!

BunBun got his name from my daughter was she was two. She originally refused to call him anything but *hop* lol. he was supposed to be amadeus but I always cuddled him with my nose in his fur and said oh bunbun.. but said it like ' boonboon"
My daughter started saying it and refused to call him anything else.. lol
Tahli came from my daughter as well who is now 4 and a half. She said, " he's little now mom so we should call him tiny" Then she said but he will grow big so maybe we should call him... " Tally" because he will be tall. I thought about it and we compromised and he was called Tahli.

Jasper: I had just finished reading New Moon when I got him and the name was in my head
Fergie: My hubby wanted to give her a name that had to do with her being black and I didnt want an obvious one so I ended up coming up with Fergie because of the black eyed peas
Charly: My mom originally was going to take her but changed her mind but she had already decided on Charly so it stuck although her name is now Charlotte and Charly for short
Sammy: I named her Samantha because it is the name my husband has suggested for a girl during each of my three pregnancies (we have three sons)
Huck Finn: I named him this because when I found him on the breeder's site the background of his pick was barnboard and for whatevery reason it made me think of Huck Finn

Originally I wanted to name my bunny Pancake, because when he stretches out he gets pretty flat.

But I dont know, the name didnt stick.

So I tried Cinnabun, didnt like that either.

Then I started calling him Bun Bun, and the name just stuck for some reason.
Upon finding out that he was a male, I added the "Mr." to it, thus naming it Mr. Bun Bun. I guess its not a very unique name but it just fits him quite well somehow. :biggrin:

My daughter and I are exhibitors and try to follow a theme. My mini lops (hollands) started with a theme from Watership Down eg..Fiver, Buttercup, Bigwig, Violet etc... hers from a TV programme. Then I got in some stock that came with names so continued their theme...Dallas, Desoto, Frisco, Bermuda, Bourbon etc.. Named another line after the Sky, Luna, Cherub... Our Lion Lops are named after ships Pinta, Mary, (Santa)Maria, Flying Cloud, Enterprise etc.. Our Hulstlanders are vampire themes.. Lestat, Esme, Carlisle, Sookie, Louis, Stefan, Alice...... I have over 40 rabbits now and my daughter about 20 and they all have names x And we love them all.

Well, when we got Willoughby he was so quirky and cheeky! He tried to escape the box and peer around, it was really sweet. We went through a few names, but we also had just gotten Anouk our guinea pig. So I eventually suggested Willoughby to my BF Dave and he loved it. I call him Bud or Buddy alot.. not sure why as I have previously hated it, but we did a musical just after we got him and one of the songs is Buddy Beware, and I often change the words to Will-uh-bubby lol.

Daphne was a hard one to pick! We though of Adelaide, Adele, Thomasina (I really wanted Thomasina!) Rowena and Lucinda. But once I suggested Daphne that just fit perfectly!

If we get a third (which we hopefully will!) I'm thinking of Remus, Caspian or Leopold for a boy :)

My son named our rescue mini rex. We already had a Mr. Bunny and Mrs. Bunny ( I know how origional but I am really bad at naming things) I suggested names that maybe my son would like and he said "no Meme, just Bunny, his name is just Bunny." Well the "just" part kind of stuck so we have our mini rex house rabbit named Just Bunny.

Actually my BF and I have come up with the perfect name for our next Bun if its a boy. Theodore "Teddy"! or if its a girl even Theodora "Teddy"! Super cute! :)

For about the first 5 minutes my new rabbit was known as Bunny the Third. She is a black rabbit and I was walking past the Hooters and I smelled coffee for some reason. Looked at my rabbit and decided to name her Coffee instead.

Took some time to say Coffee 5 times fast.

Tiny: My kids loved the though of having a flemish giant with a small name.

Embry: Mini Rex that my daughter named because she is a major Twilight fan.

Eeyore: Is an Grey English Angora who just reminded me of Eeyore.

Dippy: I was struggling to think of a name for him, we originally thought he was a girl, so I'm glad I picked a kind of unisex name (though I can't imagine calling him a girl Dippy now hehe, just doesn't sound right!) but he got his name because when we first let him explore he was dipping his head up and down and I was like oh my god hahaa. It kind of stuck!

Fluffball: My sister named her without even seeing her, somehow it definitely fits!

Chessie: We were told she was a boy too! So she was originally Chester. Because its the first think that popped into my head when I saw her, because shes a chestnut colour :D

Benjamin: I really don't know where this one came from, but I wanted a human name :) and he just looks like a Benjamin :D

Pebbles: I lovedthe Flintstones cartoon character Pebbles, and how beautiful her eyes were. Just like my bunny's eyes large, beautifuland bright.
And Pebbles reinforced the idea by leaving all the "pebbles" laying around. :sweep. ..

Bebe:Bebe was already named Bebe by her previous owner and I kept it.

Jezzabelle - started out as Jacob, then got hit by the gender fairy, lol. I wanted to keep it a J name, and she is such a little diva, so it suits her.

Martie - when I adopted him he was Vernon, which makes me think of Harry Potter's uncle, which is NOTHING like him, so that name had to go. I first thought of Smartie, jumbled with that name around for a couple days, it just did'nt seem to fit, so therfore he became Martie :)

Jenny-my mom said it, her shelter name was "Petra" and I was gonna keep it, but once I had her it just didnt fit, she needed a "softer" sounding name, my mom randomly through "jenny" into the air, and Jenny she became.

Peepers...she's a Dwarf Hotot..she is all white exept for eyeliner around her little "peepers"

We named our bun dusty because when she was a baby she would explore under the couches and when she came back out she would be coovvverrd in dust! Lol

[align=center]I just got another bunny... I picked her name for a couple reasons.
Well I was going to name her after Saline, the city... but then I was informed it was what is put into breast implants... =/... lol. So I went searching further. The name HAD to have an S to begin with, and an L somewhere in the name.

(Solara, Sabriel, and Silas are my other bunnies. All my rabbits have S, L themed names.. it was supposed to just be S but then I realized they all had L's too.)

So, I google searched a lot of names that started with S. A couple looked cool, but no L's. Finally, I stumbled across Soleil. It looked so cool, so I looked up how to pronounce it. I thought it fit, because it means sun, which is bright, and she is a bright white. It's also French, which I think of fashion and beauty when I think of French people, so I thought it suited how beautiful she was. Also, there is an actress named Soleil, and she is beautiful as well.

Overall, it stuck, though I didn't originally want it as her name. =]

Buns -
* Cinnamon the Cinnabun was named after the colour of her baby coat which looked very much like a cinnamon stick. She's turned MUCH darker now though!
* Romeo oh Romeo, he was adopted from the RSPCA with this name. When he met her it was um 'love' at first sight, followed by an effortless instant bonding so I figured it suited.
* Nilla Vanillabean - well, she's a white rabbit and I rather liked the idea of another spice/botanical name (vanilla is the fruit of the vanilla orchid, cinnamon of course being the inner bark of Cinnamomum.)
* Dexter came with his name but since I rather liked the show and he IS gorgeous I kept it.

Latest posts

Back