How can I tell if my dwarf is prego?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you mean well Amy, but I agreewith Rabbit girl. When I first came to this site you jumped on me farbefore you ever heard my story, and if it wasn't for the others Iwouldn't have came back to this site. I think everyone here has amazingadvice to offerand people are going to breed bunnies, that'sa fact in life. We mise a well give them the answers they need to do itright. Everyone here started some where and we all have ran intoproblems along the way. (You have alot of posts asking about yourbabies back then and I'm sure you've read all the sites )I canhonestly say I read many rabbits sites and still didn't exactly knowwhat I was doing, web sites don't answer back. I love this littlecommunity of people who love rabbits as much as I do, and I wanteveryone who comes to this site to have an oppurtunity to join thiscommunity and feel welcomed too. I know you mean well, but it's takenthe wrong way when someone is critizing your knowledge or intent.

Ya know what, I amjust going to stop telling people not to breed. I am sick of having toexplain myself. If people want to breed and let all these straysdiefine. Let them.

~Amy

I really do like everything you say andthere is really some people that need a good talking to. Just make surethat you know the story first or that you give them a chance, somepeople really do have good intentions of doing it right. I can't tellyou what to do, do what you want. I just want you to know that it sucksbeing on the other side.

The problem is, isthat most people DONT have a story, they just want to breed becausethey think it is fun, or they think that their doe should expirence the"joys" of motherhood. Most people dont care what happens to theirrabbit, they just want to make a profit off it.

So if people want to ruin their rabbitsfine, I am done, I am sick of people saying that I am to hard onpeople, I am sorry you peoplecant handle thetruth.

~Amy

It's true that some people don't have astory and that they are doing it for the wrong reasons but that's likesaying "Some black people steal, so I'm I hate them all" or "Newmothers can't be good ones unless they read every book published" Youcan't just asume stuff. Everyone runs into problems and they'requestions are no less valid then yours.

I don't want you to be upset or angryand I think some people really do need a good talking to. I'm glad youfeel so strongly about this, I really hope it does discourage the wrongtype of breeders, but I just read post where a "good" breeder wasafraid to tell you that she started breeding because she felt like shehad to prove to you that she was doing it right, and I don't think thatshould happen.

" I am posting thisnot to only makesure I don't getyelled at by Amy, Gypsy or Tina (ducks headas they throuw things at me) "

???

Alleywrote:
I don't want you to be upset or angry
Wow a little late for that dont youthink...

You have been here like what a week, youhavent seen all of the people who have came on here before you andtalked about breeding their 3 month old rabbit!

There have been SOOOOOOO manypeople who DONT know what they are doing! And out of the like 100speople that I have told not to breed I am supposed to assume that youand one other recent person are good breeders, I dont thinkso.

You dont even know me, so how can you sayI am judging people. This anger is from months of telling people to beresponsible with their rabbits, and not even1/10 of them EVERlisten, so of course I am gonna get loud when people arent listening tome. How am I supposed to know that you will, when 100 othershavent!?!

So I quit!!!! I am sick of you people not able to handle the truth!

~Amy

:hug:Amy, I don't think anyone is tryingto jump on you, dear-heart. Sometimes ourzeal forrabbits and their welfare can make others feel uncomfortable.Please don't stop telling others to research before breeding.It is a much needed message.

Remember- 'An answer when mild can turn away rage' (or in thiscasestop thoughtless breeding;)). Meaning that aeven asoft and mild response to a potential breedersquestions can have the same effect as a more direct approach.

We have had a lot of questionable persons come on here latelyasking questions about breeding without giving any backgroundinformation. Some are legitimate and some aren't.So many times it is difficult to determine their motives, and as aresult, wires get crossed and feelings get hurt.

Now, let's get back to talking about rabbits.:bunnydance:

No I quit, I amjust so sick of being called a mean person, or that I am judgingpeople, I am not like that at all, I am really a nice person, I justdont want to have all these unwanted babies in the shelters put tosleep because some one had to let their doe expirence motherhood.

I am balling my eyes out because I am just so ANGRY!

~Amy

Awwww Amy
36_1_67.gif

If you are truly passionate about your feelings on breeding, andI believe you are,you won't give up on this. Youcan't please all of the people all of the time. You areentitled to express your opinion!!!

Amy honey YOU ARE NOT A MEAN PERSON !!!!!

I think if some people knew what you have been through lately, whatwith your poor baby leaving us, then maybe they would understand wereyou coming from.

I completely agree about all the unwanted babies.

If people do want to seriously breed, then let them explain theirreasons why. I too have got a bit fed up, with people thatwant breed just for the hell of it.

Please don't give up telling people. It is probably down to you that may change some peoples minds, not to breed.

:kiss:

ayglnu13 wrote:
No I quit, I am just so sick of being called a meanperson, or that I am judging people, I am not like that at all, I amreally a nice person, I just dont want to have all these unwantedbabies in the shelters put to sleep because some one had to let theirdoe expirence motherhood.

I am balling my eyes out because I am just so ANGRY!

~Amy

I am just sodepressed

Like at the beginning when I first startedtalking about responsible breeding, I didn't have much to say, but nowI do, and it just seems like people don't want to hear it. And I hatebeing called a mean person because I am not like that, I just don'twant people to think that rabbit breeding is easy, because it isn't.

Two people in the past week have said I amnot a nice person, and I don't want to be seen as a mean person andthen only way I can see to fix this is to stop lecturing people:(

~Amy

Im getting fed up with the breeding withoutexplaining posts, or the breeding just because poststoo.Thats whyI asked what I asked. But hey everytime i get told Iam mean I get cracked down on pretty hard for some reason. I didnt seeany of your posts as mean. You were asking valid questions because theOP didn't really give us alot to go on in the first place. You are notmean.

i hate it when people intrepret others as 'OMG YER SO MEAN' when askedabout the reasons for breeding. And given the consequences. Alot withreasons why you should or shouldn't to back that up.

And you are right. Rabbit breeding should befully researched. But in alot of cases the owners have to learn how todo it right on their own. Its not something to play around with, andcan have good and bad consequences.

I competely agree !!!

And I'm 100% behind what Amy was saying. And I'm not a breeder

dixonsrabbitry wrote:
And you are right.Rabbit breeding should be fully researched. But in alot of cases theowners have to learn how to do it right on their own. Its not somethingto play around with, and can have good and bad consequences.

Latest posts

Back