how can i get my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anneliese

Reaction score
Ever since i added oats to his pellets (badidea!) he will not eat his pellets. I tried to shove a pellet in hismouth, he took it and when i let go he dropped it.
He will not eat his pellets!
Please help!

Try cutting backon the amount of Oats you feedat one time. If your feeding ahandfull cut back to half a hand full soon and so forth every day till none are added .too much Oats are a bad thing , he needsregular Rabbit feed.

My rabbit Chompers did the same thing, before Iknew that "junk food" rabbit food wasn't good for him. I did a slowswitch and he still ate around the pellets, but eventually he did eatthem.

You should take some pellets and put them in ajar of oats and let them sit there for a little while. Then try feedingyour bunny the pellets...and he might eat them cause they smell lkeoats..haha. im not sure if it will work..but it worked with my bunny.:p

Mocha did that to me once, I cut oats out of hisdiet immediately and gave him only pellets. Later that night he gothungry enough to eat the pellets.

I'd try cutting back slowly on the amount of oats you give until there are no oats.

Maybe give oats as a treat, I noticed you are an Aussie too, withwinter being here I give a small amount of oats and a couple ofsunflower seeds in with Bindys pellets.

Oats i give to her once a week mixed in with her pellets, and yes she goes NUTS on her oats too :D

If you find your bun still eats around the pellets don't worry eventually he will be hungry enough to eat them.

I'd start the process of the oat cutting as soon as you can and see how you go.

Latest posts

Back