How can I convince my Parents to let my Bunny stay inside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess24rose

Reaction score
I love Luna (my bunny) to bits and my dad is ok with her being inside but his girlfriend won't allow it. I have done so much to try and get her inside even just overnight it almost broke my dad and Sally (his girlfriend) up. currently I am sleeping in a tent in the backyard with her and me and my dad plan on building her a condo in the garage until she's allowed in the main part of the house. Is there anything you think I should do?

P.S Sally (my dads girlfriend) bought Luna without telling me for my sister (my sister is her daughter but I call her my sister cause we love each other like ones) and by then I had done lots of research on them so its all her fault this is happening

You could try making a list of pros of having Luna inside, and then a list of what the may say. For example, they could say "she'll pee all over." You could say something like they are easily litter box trained. Feel free to private message me for some more advice!

A list is a great idea! My advice, don’t pester! Just keep dropping hints to show you’re still wanting Luna inside. For example, saying something like, oh, Luna would be a great inside pet! In conversations that’s appropriate, or as a passing comment.
Don’t have it something that comes up all the time and is the only thing that you say. Only bring it up every so often, and never when your parents are in a bad mood. Explain why Luna needs to be inside. Show lots of responsibility, and that you are willing and qualified to have Luna as an inside pet.
Good luck!

You could also print out pictures of illnesses they get when housed outdoors (flystrike, frost bite, predator attacks, etc.) Then explain that it's safer for them to be inside, and the emotional benefits they also get when being housed indoors.

Photos can help. Some people have a difficult time picturing rabbits indoors. They may only have ever seen them outdoors and so assume that is where they belong. Seeing rabbits living indoors can help change that thought.

Odor is another common concern and that can be countered as well. I created a website for the very purpose of showing people like that what it can be like to house rabbits indoors.

Perhaps the photos and info on the site can be a way to show (at an appropriate time) what indoor housing is all about.
Http://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com

Thanks for all the suggestion I've been talking to my dad and he said if I can make room in the garage we can move her there till we convince Sally to let her in the main part of the house

welp Sally decided to move a ton of rubbish into the garage so now i really don't know what to do

Back