How big do you think my rabbit will get?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cati

Reaction score
rune5months.JPG

This is Rune! He's a 3/4 Flemish Giant 1/4 Satin mix, and I am really curious how big people think he is likely to get. He is about 21 weeks/shy of five months old and weighs 7.8 lbs. His ears measure around 5.5 inches, if that is relevant.

I'm doubting he will get to full Flemish Giant size, but I do wonder if he will keep growing and turn into a very large rabbit. Any one have any predictions or ideas? I found some weight charts for full-blooded Flemish, but nothing for Satins.

Looks to be almost full grown. The larger breeds take up to a year to get to full size while the smaller ones are done at six months and will then fill out more than grow. We rescued an "English Spot" mix from a shelter--was told she was full grown and at least 9 months old. She was skinny and 7 pounds when we got her. Found out that she was a 3 to 4 month old pure breed Checkered Giant and was 19.8 pounds at a year old--7 months after we got her. Sweet rabbit too. Happy and healthy are what we are hoping for in all cases.

He looks like he could possibly have more growing to do. Looking like he has a lot of the flemish traits, means he'll likely have more growth over the next 6 months. Since he's just a little under the normal weight for a full flemish at this age, I'm guessing full grown he may end up being about 11-13 lbs.

Just walked on on our baby and got scared because he wasn't in our bedroom on his soft rug. Hes ok (wore himself out playing with the cat). Anyway... hes 100% flemmish and had huge ears when he was young and eventually grew in to them, so I guess you may be able to add that to the equation. Hes 15 months and 18 lbs if that helps.20220826_164822.jpg

Have a picture with his/her ears up? Walter is amost 6 months old in my profile pic.

View attachment 62112

This is Rune! He's a 3/4 Flemish Giant 1/4 Satin mix, and I am really curious how big people think he is likely to get. He is about 21 weeks/shy of five months old and weighs 7.8 lbs. His ears measure around 5.5 inches, if that is relevant.

I'm doubting he will get to full Flemish Giant size, but I do wonder if he will keep growing and turn into a very large rabbit. Any one have any predictions or ideas? I found some weight charts for full-blooded Flemish, but nothing for Satins.
I don't know how old he\she is but he\she is ADORABLE

Those are Flemish giant ears! You are going to have a big bun. We feed ours a lot, (free feed pellets and hay, Big salad's twice a day) and will decrease pellets at 18 months. I would say you will have 16 lbs plus.

Latest posts

Back