House of Luv Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got 2 new fosters tonight. They were flown on a private plane with the rescue's foster home coordinator today. 11 arrived in all, they were part of hoarding cases in NY. We went to get 1 and ended up taking 2 as my husband said we have 2 empty cages why not take 2 :eek:)
They both need to be spayed, there is one large agouti lop and a medium black mix. Will get pics of them soon.
The second one we were told would only need to be here a week and will go to another foster home, we'll see...
The lop is beautiful and she just sat on my lap and loved being pet!
We are thinking up names for them. I was thinking Truffle for the agouti and I told my husband he could name the black one, should be interesting, LOL!

New foster bunnies:
Truffle (female agouti Lop mix) Love her dewlap and cute helicopter ears!
14304_161045_510000000.jpg

Flika (still thinking of a name for her, but came up with Flika cause of the white flecks in her black fur)
Female black mix, any ideas on mix, let me know...

14304_161047_170000000.jpg

Our 2 new fosters are settling in nicely. Truffle has good litter box habits, a few stray poops, but pees in her litter box, yay! She has also started to come to the front of her cage to see us.

Flicka (Polish) is a bit more shy and is still working on being litter trained. She loves hiding in her box of hay.

I am calling tomorrow for an appt. to get them both spayed (vet wasn't open today). Hoping they can get them in this week.

Was holding and brushing Lucky (our other foster) tonight. He fell asleep on my chest, actually face in my cleavage, LOL! He is the sweetest!

6 yummy bunny salads; romaine, chicory, parsley, cilantro, dill, baby carrot, strawberries and grapes~very lucky they got strawberries and grapes tonight (they usually get fruit on their salads about twice a week), my 2 yr old was eating grapes and wanted the buns to have some too :eek:)

14304_191903_110000000.jpg

The foster girls are getting spayed tomorrow. Hope all goes well for them! When Flicka recovers from her spay she'll be going to her new foster home.

The foster girls, Truffle and Flicka did great with their spays yesterday. They are chillaxin today! Trying to work out a pick up time for Flicka to go to her new foster home soon. We just took her temporarily with Truffle so I could get them both spayed at the same time.

Today I took the plunge and decided Teddy is moving into Caramel's condo...they are great together, really like each other you can tell. I put them together often without problems, but just always kept Teddy's cage set up...so today I moved all his stuff in and they are doing great! I just saw Teddy grooming her neck for the first time...so cute!

We are picking up another cage from the rescue we volunteer for and moving Lucky out onto our enclosed porch along with Truffle and Flicka.
Our plan is to renovate the porch into a bunny room, YAY!!

Thanks Brandy! I agree that they are a cute couple ;)

It's the end of their first entire day together and all is well minus Teddy leaving poops and pee in a few strange places. Wherever Caramel is laying, Teddy is right there with his face nuzzled into her neck. Bonded buns are so cute together!

Flicka went to her new foster home today...never like seeing a cage empty...

Lucky was having free play on the porch this evening and binkying away...he is the sweetest guy! He was also getting to know Truffle through her cage. Truffle was digging him, she stops her feet at Caramel, but seems pretty interested in Lucky!

Gussy was especially cuddly tonight :D

Teddy is still molting terribly, him and Lucky are shedding like crazy!

Since bonding completely and being in the same condo together, Teddy has forgotten how to use a litterbox, PITA bunny! He is peeing in every corner, pooping every where, grrr! He has always been our bun with the worst litter habits, but now it's like a free for all for him. I put one of those corner litter boxes in a corner on the 3rd floor of their condo where he likes to pee off of, yes it goes down the wall, down to the other levels, onto the floor and under the plastic chair pad their condo sits on.
I do think he has peed in it and there are few poops in it as well, yay! Of course there are still some poops by his food dish too, oy! I hope he figures it out...

The rabbit rescue we volunteer with has a lovely magpie mini lop/rex mix (she and her sibs were born in rescue in October) her Mom was a mini lop and dad a rex. I am thinking of meeting her and seeing if our mini rex, Gus and her hit it off as we've been looking for a bond mate for him...

buns2luv wrote:
The rabbit rescue we volunteer with has a lovely magpie mini lop/rex mix (she and her sibs were born in rescue in October) her Mom was a mini lop and dad a rex. I am thinking of meeting her and seeing if our mini rex, Gus and her hit it off as we've been looking for a bond mate for him...
Sounds like a beautiful girl, I hope it works out.

Latest posts

Back