House of Luv Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buns2luv

Reaction score
Going to attempt to blog about our buns and other furbabies!
To start I'll reintroduce our buns:
Caramel is our 1 yr old Broken Chestnut Mini Lop. Here she is in her condo, just about to throw her tunnel overboard! She is very playful, always rearranging her condo, running and binkying through the house or sleeping...
14304_141436_290000000.jpg

Teddy is our almost 2 yr old male blue harleqiun lionhead. He is the sweetest guy! He loves to sit on my shoulder and snuggle into my neck as I watch tv in the evening.
14304_072341_200000000.jpg

Our newest addition is Augustus AKA Gus or Gussy, he is an 8 mos old male blue mini rex with 1/2 blue eyes. He is very easy going, cuddly and smart.
14304_072355_090000000.jpg

We foster for our local Rabbit Rescue and our current foster bunny is Bentley, he is a 2 yr old male agouti lionhead. He is very shy, but gentle and sweet!
14304_072333_120000000.jpg

Our other furbabies are:
Daisy on the left, an almost 2 yr old Great Pyrenees/Golden Retreiver mix and Wrigley on the right, our 1 yr old Golden Retriever
14304_141445_320000000.jpg

We also have an 11 yr old male Golden Retriever named Sammy. Here he is with our son this past December.
14304_141448_460000000.jpg

We have many fish and a turtle named Lilo
14304_141453_440000000.jpg

What a wonderful family! I would be a foster failure. A face like Bently and I would never be able to let go. Fosters are very special people. :)

Caramel and Teddy are still working on bonding, not they aren't good together, they are. Teddy was neutered last month and still wants to mount her more then he should so we limit there time together so she won't get mad and him, she hasn't yet!
Tonight Teddy was taking his turn playing in the XPen in front of Caramel's condo (she had just had her play time) and she sits with her little nose pressed through the bars and they sit nose to nose, it's so cute! I hope when his hormones have decreased they are great together! I can tell they really like each other!

Gus (our 8 mos old Mini Rex) gets neutered Thursday. In the future I hope to get him a bond mate as well.
Mr Teddy
14304_172059_330000000.jpg

Jill, your Bunnies are so cute. I want them all. lol

What do you have on the bottom of Caramel's cage floor. They look nice. Does she chew them. I need to get something new for Winston & Vega's cage. However he does pee on the tiles i have there now. He's a Brat, he sometime eats the hay from outside of the litter box so that's when he pees.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories of your babies.

Susan:)

They are foam puzzle mats and yes she did chew them...little stinker! So we bought a hard plastic chair mat to put over them, which worked great until I realized she had basically out grown her corner litter box and had been peeing over the edge of it and it had all gone down the behind her condo and absorbed into the foam, yuck! So I have since thrown out the foam and have the chair mat on the kitchen floor.

Aw I'm going to bunnynap Teddy, so him and Beth can be bestbunnybuds ^^ :bunnyheart He's such a cutie!

Carmel is such an active girl, there is always hay, boxes and food tossed all around her condo. She prefers her water in a crock instead of a bottle and I clean it and refill it for her at least twice a day...refilled it this morning, turn around and has food and hay in it...our silly girl!

Gus is being neutered today. Hope all goes well for him!
I am already looking forward to getting him a bond mate in the future :D

I never really realized how particular buns are until I had to be away over night last week and left instructions on the buns for my husband. Boy, they all have such preferences that only their Mama knows about, LOL!
Love them all!!

Our foster bun, Bentley has been with us for 3 weeks now and no applications in for him yet. I really want him to go to his forever home soon so he can start bonding with his new family. He is such a great bunny, so so so sweet!

Just called the Vet and they said things went well for Gus's neutering and he is just starting to wake up, yay!

On another note, Ms Daisy (our Great Pyrenees/Golden Retreiver), escaped the fenced in yard again today...been at least 3 escapes since we adopted her in January, crazy girl! She loves to run, but we live in a busy area so I get terrified each time she is gone! I drive around and look for her in the neighborhood. Luckily so far we have found her pretty close by. This time Wrigley, our other Golden who was outside with her was barking and hanging around by the porch door like he was trying to tell me, oh oh Dasiy escaped, LOL!

Glad everything went well with the snip! I sense love in the air for Gus :)

Silly Daisy, she should know how good she has it at home and not wander. Some animals just have a naughty streak.

Gus is doing great today. Even when he got home yesterday, you'd never know he got neutered...he ate great and was hopping around his cage. He's they youngest bun we've gotten neutered maybe that's why he bounced back so quickly. The other 2 males were good the next day, but seemed pretty sore that night.

Teddy had his first experience outside on leash today, he loved it! Was hopping all over and is now fast asleep in his condo. It is beautiful outside her today, almost 70!

Caramel was the 1st to try it followed by Bentley and they both really liked it, you can tell. Caramel is chomping on it now. Gus tried some too, haven't seen Teddy have any yet, but he isn't too much of a hay eater (he doesn't have any incisors).

Awoke this morning to some very mess/rearranged cages. Caramel is usually my only re-decorator, LOL!
This morning Teddy, flipped his food bowl and was strewing pellets everywhere.
Bentley moved his litter box (this is something for him, he is quite laid back).
Gus, well he has been very active lately (seems since he's been neutered) he loves shredded cardboard, picks everything up and tosses it around. I also think he's outgrowing his corner litter box as he has had 2 puddles of pee to the right side of the box lately...and seriously he has NEVER (not once since the day we got him and he was living in a barn before) peed outside his box. Seeing as it is right next to it, I think he is peeing off the corner. Time for a big boy box :)

We got a call today from someone interested in adopting Bentley, our foster bun. He has been with us for a month. I hope it works out, he is quite shy and skittish, but it would be so great for him! We'll surely miss him though!

They all love Orchard Grass by the way!!

Bentley (our foster bunny) has been adopted...he went off with his new, very excited family (3 kids, 9, 11 & 14) this evening! SO happy for him and his new family!! We'll miss you Benny!!!

We got our 3rd foster bun on Thursday evening (3-24-11). He was a stray spotted and fed carrots by a nice lady. Rabbit rescue volunteers caught him Thurs. afternoon. He had been out there for quite a while. He is thin and scruffy looking.
He eats a ton and drinks a ton too. He just seems so happy to be inside and in his own cage safe and sound. He goes from his water to his food bowl, to his hay and gets so excited for his greens. He does the best dead bunny flops he starting doing them within an hour of being here...he has an awesome personality!
We named his Lucky as he was lucky to still be alive out there, being out there for over 48 hours.
He goes to get neutered tomorrow and maybe we'll get an idea of his age.
Not sure what breed(s) he is, he is a white bun with grayish shading on his nose, head and ears. He has dark whiskers and eye lashes and sweet soft brown eyes. I gave him a nice warm sponge bath the second night he was here and he actually enjoyed it and all the cuddling in a towel after too. Is so so very sweet! I've been working on brushing his knots out a little each night.
He has been peeing in his litter box since he got here, but still working on getting the poops in there.

14304_282150_150000000.jpg
14304_282151_000000000.jpg

Latest posts

Back