Hops and Lops' Blog-2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, she is a cutie! Yeah, she is a she, but its ok, I don't think I never really said that. Don't worry everyone calls Snicker's a Girl.

So today was my day off, and oh was it good. I just layed around all day, watched some NFL games, watched Nascar, took nap, and well that is about it. The nap was the high light of my day!

But we still had bunny business to do. We were called to help out a vet clinic that had 3 bunnies dumped over night at the building, thankfully someone comes in on Sundays! I did go and pick them up around 3 pm, right before my nap, but they really can't stay long. Thankfully I was able to move some other rescues around to foster homes that only had one bunny. I am not sure on breed, but all are girls (fun) and all have long fur, almost angoras but not like any others I have seen. All are dirty, matted, etc. and very skinny. They were in a cardboard box, that was soaked in rain, lined with newspaper and molded food mixed in with poop. All are going for vet appts in the morning for a once over, but again all are girls. There is what looks like a orange (too dark for fawn) girl that has lots of matted wool, a black girl with not so much wool and is TINY, and then a girl that is 'suppose' to be white (but is yellow with pee) with a bit of color around her eyes biggest girl lots of matted wool. I know I didn't need any other special needs kids or kids that needed lots of care, but after seeing them I couldn't just leave them. They called for a pick up but I said I would just come look at them, vet couldn't be reached, and well they came home with me. They are VERY Skinny, the orange colored one is the skinniest of them all and NASTY. I cried when I saw them, and I don't cry offen in front of people. All have some ear problems as well, and if able I will be getting all spayed asap to make sure they don't reproduce. I couldn't feel babies when I checked but who knows.

I am so tired of people throwing pets away, any pet, not just rabbits. Rant for the day over....

I have named my little brother's Harlies for him, haha instead of calling them "bunnies." We have Stardust (Blue Magpie Girl), Milkyway (Black Magpie Boy), and Cowgirl (Blue more white Magpie Girl)(Steve's Grandson named her). They are soooo sweet, but my mom thinks their ugly, I don't see it though. But their now home with Caleb and well I miss them a bit. The breeder is emailing his pedigrees, or at least she says she is, but we will see.

We made a vet visit yesterday. We had a small injury with the little black and tan girl we are watching for the lady in Maryville until she finds a home. She either got into a fight with her sister or somehow cut her eyelid. She got some ABs but no other medical care needed. Just an AB cream.

Jett and Socrates are doing great still, I am just amazed at how quick they bonded and how great they are still doing. Socrates is now pretty much all the way litter trained. YEAH!

No giant angora babies... Don't know why, but no babies.

Frenchie babies are doing well, I have started naming them. The biggest baby, a Frosted buck, is now named Bubba, yeah Bubba, but he is a BIG boy. I have other named, but none have stuck.

We have also named the two Maryville baby boys, Black short haired boy and a White and tan Lionhead boy, they are bothers. The Black one is Poe and the Tan and White boy is Pluto. I still can't name their sisters, but well their just "the girls."

Here is a list of the other guys in our home (P-Personal bunny and R-Rescue bunny) and in our foster homes!

Lita (R)-Doing great, we are going to try to bond her with Kay, since her sister was adopted before her. She loves our neutered boys, but haven't seen her with another girl, she has had play time with Kay with no problems though.

Pinkie and Snickers (PP)- Both are doing so well. We have have been bonding them together, as Snicker's is getting up there in age and well Pinkie loves to groom him... So we thought what the heck. This may mean Pinkie will be ours for good and become part of our free ranging house bunnies!

Homer (R)- Homer is still sadly still adoptable. He has been with us for about 4 months now (I think without looking), I don't understand why adopters want small girl bunnies, only if they knew how great big cubby boys are!

Perry (R)- She has gained most of her weight back! She is looking so great and I will get new pictures up soon!

Dutch Kids (R)- Honey wasn't preggers! Vinny got the snip on Friday and she is being spayed this upcoming Weds. But Honey does have some digestive issues and is going to have to be placed on a special diet for the time being. Our vet said it may just be temp. but we are planning for the long term.

Note: I just read over to proof read and well It sounds like I have 100 rabbits, I don't just a note.... No where even close. We are a half way house kind of I guess.

Latest posts

Back