Hops and Lops' Blog-2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't I got an email this morning about me being sued for libel saying the rabbit is crazy. I will no longer adopt out any rabbits, I guess I will just keep them. I don't see what I did as wrong, I felt that it was need to be known, I would want another rescue to do the same for me.

So this is it, no adoptions, no pulls, no surrenders.

Wait who is doing this and why?

I honestly have no idea. I am actually taking back what I said a min. ago. I am not letting this get to me. I know what I do is by the law, state, and shelters. I am not going to let her win (Steve is a genius, he has shown me what the email was really about). I am not going to let this get to me, I know what I did was right, the truth, and I would of wanted someone to let me know if a person just adopted and then threw away bunnies. I don't see where they would even have a case. I have had animal control to our home once before and he found nothing wrong, so she can kiss it. It wasn't the lady that emailed me, it was someone fromsome association, a group and the email I can't find, so I am not letting it get to me at all...

I take back what I said, Steve again has made sence of it, and he says she is just petty for even trying to start anything. Its not like I make people pay for the rabbits, that fee is payed to our vet, it is just to cover the spay/neuter, we don't ask for money donations at all, etc. So she can again kiss it. I am having our vet pull all our vet paper work and faxing it to me though.

Good for Steve! Glad he helped you feel better.

I talked to our local shelter and nothing is wrong. I did email the person back asking for a phone number to talk to them, but they just wanted my address, no thank you. I am having our vet fax all the paper work from our 3 in folder in a bit with a letter from our vet saying she cares for all our rabbits and that adoption fees are payed directly to them.

So I am good...

Anyway, Steve has left for his doctor appt., he gets his bandage taken off today! He is really excited as he will be able to take a full bath afterward.

All the bunnies here are doing great, Blondie (Dutch), is still not looking preggers to me, but we have an appt set for Sat. if nothing by then.

As far as everyone else:

Snickers (My personal old Mini Rex boy) got to go to PetSmart with me last night. He even wore his vest. He just set nice and pretty in the cart basket and loved all the nice words and pets he got. I will be going to the local HABIT meeting Nov. 9th to be cerf. for myself and the rabbits to be service animals. Snickers, even if he is getting up there in age, will be my first to go though the problem.

We have bonded, very quickly may I add, Jett and The Nethie boy (Socrates). They spent their first over night in the same cage and did great. This morning they were all cuddled up in the cat bed together. I am going to extend their cage a bit today by at least 1 foot each way. Their cage now is 4 x 4 but I feel a bit bigger should help with them both in there.

All the babies have fur, somewhat. I am still a bit confused as to what colors the two are, but they are all so pretty! One of the White ones is huge compared to the others, that one is also the most active and vocal! I will get some pictures as soon as they have more fur, that way someone can help with colors. Momma bunny still hates me and I feel very lucky to have all parts of my hands still!

The lady that we helped with the 7 is getting her momma bunny fixed today. They decide to keep 3 girls for themselves, so we will have 2 boys and 2 girls up for adoption on petfinder.com soon. As of now I know both boys and I think both the black and tan (one with mane and one without) are the ones up for adoption, but I still h ave to double check everything. They will not be able to go until they are 4 mos plus, as they have to be spayed/neutered, but we can pre-screen homes for them. I don't know much about their behaviors, but I will figure something out for their petfinder profiles.

Vinny, the chocolate dutch, is using his litter pan! I am so excited about that, honestly it sounds odd, but I am excited. He will be neutered sometime this upcoming week, and we will be adopting them out as a spayed/neutered pair. And if it turns out Blondie is not preggers after all, she will be getting the snip soon after him!

We will be having our pictures done for the bunnies this Saturday! The lady that is going to use the bunnies for Easter pictures is offering us free pictures, for ourselves, petfinder, and our website! We are doing 3 bunnies this weekend, 2 rescue and Snickers (as he is getting up there in age). Jett will be going for sure, but I don't think Nethie is ready for a trip out yet. So, the question is who else?

I think that is all the new bunny news, but something may come up later!

Oh our puppy has a name, she is no longer Bunny, but now Sophia. She is just a doll, but refuses to sleep in our bed, she demands that she sleep on the floor near the door, odd, but cute!

Our bottle fed babies are starting on wet food, oh how they grow up so quickly. They still want bottles though...

Anyway, I think that is it, I am organizating the bunny room today, as we have new cages on the way. I have to make space for them and I have to make sure all the food/treats are up out of the bunnies' reach!

lol....well if Sophia gets big it may be good she doesnt sleep in bed :)

horrible that someone wants to sue you but good your figuring it out

I have talked to the local shelter's rabbit lady and she said there is nothing to worry about and I did forward all the nasty emails to the rescue coord. at the shelter, as the person that was emailing me has no law auth. and is using the shelter's rescue groups name. I am pretty sure I know who emailed it, but its ok, no stress here.

I guess it is a blessing she doesn't like the bed. She is a mess though. Her, Atlas and Josephine have been getting along just great, but when they play it scares me cause she looks so small next to them.

Anyway, So its a nice warm day here. Its been so weird having cold weather and then having 60-70 degree weather! The bunnies are enjoying it, I have the windows open for them!

Here is our bunny news:

Perry is slowly gaining her weight back! Yeah!!! She has gained right at a 1/2 lb in the last few weeks. She doesn't look as skinny thankfully.

Vinny (chocolate dutch) is starting to get along with all the bunnies, we did have a small issue with other boys. He will be completley his screening today/tomorrow and his results will be posted on petfinder shortly afterward.

Blondie (blond dutch) is going to the vet tomorrow. She is doing great other then the 35 day hold. She really enjoys her free time out of her cage and claimed all the rattle toys for herself, somehow they all end up in her box by the time her play time is over. She is just so funny hopping around with a cow baby rattle in her month, that is her favorite!

Socrates and Jett are doing great together! He has had a bit of a runny eye, but the vet says she see it just as an allergy, no other problems with him though. Jett is going great and actually is getting along with Rosie for once! Rosie is normally a grump but is taking to Jett pretty well.

Homer is going for a teeth check soon. I have noticed that he has been a bit drooly and I think he just needs a quick trim, but nothing to bad.

Kay is really enjoying my mother's donation of her old phone books, none of the other bunnies seem to mind or want to play with them, but Kay loves ripping them all up!

I think that is all the interesting bunny news...

So I am almost done with the reorganizing of the bunny room, cages should be here tomorrow, excited! We are still trying to figure out how to store sq. bales of hay in there, without the bunnies getting to them. We have found a farmer about 15 mins from us that we are going tomorrow to buy 4-5 bales of hay. Its tim/orch mix, for only 3 a bale!

All the bottle fed babies are doing well, and starting on wet food! They got a bath last night, after their first real chance at wet food, and well I have to say they were not too happy with me.

Sophie, Josephine, and Atlas are getting along great. I need to make them all appts. for their yearly and for Sophie's puppy shots (the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th) and then to figure out when we want to get her spayed.

Steve is starting to feel better, more of himself. Which is good. He is being more of a smart butt, but that is normal for him. He is gone for the morning to his PT appt. and then he will need to continue his PT for 4-6 weeks. Oh his doc said no heavy lifting, haha nothing more then 2 lbs. It was funny to figure out he couldn't even lift a gallon of milk!

We had a sad loss in the fur family last night. My parent's cat accidently got out and was hit by a car. I took it really hard, as everyone did, but my little brother took it the hardest. I feel really bad about it but I am not sure what to say.

Anyway I think that is an update on everything happening here, all is good and Sunday Steve's Son is giving me a full day off of bunny duties and Steve a half day off, so we can have us time.

This discussion is obviously very heated and by the looks could have some legal matters involved. Maybe this discussion could be continued through PM's so the blog doesn't get hijacked.

I deleted a few post in regards to the disagreement. This is a personal matter and should be handled privately. This is Samantha's blog and she vented about a situation going on within her rescue. At no time did she post the adopters name. If so we would have edited that due to our own rules about personal information.

I hope this situation can be handled quickly and cordially. We all just love animals and want the best for them.

So long day!

We are getting the bunnies' pictures done tomorrow, I am sooo excited about it. We are taking Jett, Snickers and maybe Pinkie, depends on who I have to help me with them.

I will have more updates tomorrow about the pictues, and of course the pictures!

post pictures here too!

are you gonna do Jett and the dwarfs(whose name escapes me) picture together?

We just got Snickers and Jett's done, Socrates (dwarf paired with Jett) was too nervous to be out and about around dogs (open event). I will have the pictures Weds. but maybe able to get some up here sooner. Snicker's and Jett's turned out sooooo great! I will be making an appt soon for all the rescues to have their's done in studio. These pictures were just a favor she owned me and it was an open event, had appt. but some people just showed up around the same time, including several dogs. I knew it was going to happen, that is why they were the only ones to go...

I have pictures in my hand, but can't get the CD to work, so I will be using my mom's laptop tomorrow to get them up, and oh do they look great! I will have pictures of the babies at the same time to post!

My brother is getting Harlies tomorrow, or should I say they will be coming to Aunt Sam's house tomorrow as they are going to visit my dad's aunt out of state this weekend, and well I am the babysitter for the new little ones. He is getting, I hope I am right, A Black Magpie Buck, a Black Magpie Doe and a Blue Magpie Doe, but again not sure, will get pictures. The Blue Doe isn't showable but will make some pretty babies for him.

We are planning on going to the Dec. 5th show with the two showable ones, and I will have angoras there as well!

Other bunny news:

Jett and Socrates are doing soooo great together. I don't then we have ever had a pair never fight at all!

I think I have the boy pair of babies from Maryville adopted out, well pending some stuff like neuter. They may have a great new home with a doggie rescue momma in Nashville!

I will be going to get Snickers' HABIT cerf. paper work on Monday for his health check!

I have finally found away to keep my self sane about CL! I have made an email up that has all House Rabbit Links, a simple adoption form, and adoption contract. I have also included low cost spay/neuter vets that do rabbits. This way I offer help and don't have to not email anyone. It makes me sleep at night finally!

We may be helping a rescue in FL with a hoarder case, but not sure yet. I couldn't even bring myself to look at the video or pictures they sent me, but I will be helping with some transport and maybe taking a bonded pair to help with lessen the load on their rescue.

I have an appt for Dec. 4th for christmas card pictures with the bunnies! The lady that is doing all the pictures is great, her info will be up on petfinder soon if anyone in the area wants to email/call her for pictures. She is just a wonderful person, and oh did I mention loves bunnies! She wants to do a Easter Set up this spring for rescue bunnies and then donate some of the money from that to House Rabbit or divide it up between emerg. funds for rescues, I will also be making up hand outs for people to learn more about rescue rabbits! I also have a set up with her for the calendar girls and the bunnies, Huh Snickers and a lady that is half dressed...

Oh another Socrates goal, he is litter trained (almost)! Thankfully! I final have made some steps to him being 100%. Right now he is about 90% with some poops still not making it in the box.

Oh Atlas had a vet appt today! He is a huge 7 month old about 112.6 lbs! I was so excited about that, weird I know, but he is already as big as Josephine and she is over 3! He still has 11 months of growing left, at least 11.

Anyway, I think that is a complete update, for now that is....

Oh the kittens have a vet appt tomorrow! Wish me luck, they have some kind of skin issues, again wish me luck and pray that they hair comes back on their toes!

EDIT: got show date wrong

they were just meant to be together! I'm glad they have found eachother through you!

Here are some pictures! More to come, promise, I am a bit sick and honestly do not feel well at all.

Snickers
TME_8210.jpg

Jett

TME_8218.jpg

TME_8220.jpg

TME_8219.jpg

Jett is sooo pretty!

Latest posts

Back