Hopping Through The Forest With Bunny Foo Foo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like I missed a lot in the days since the forum got updated! (I've been slacking on catching up on everything, lol).

the fast food stories remind me of the taco bell where I went to college. for whatever reason, all the black employees got put on the same shifts and all the non-black employees got put on the same shifts. my friend Will coined the term "african american employee days" to describe the days when all the black people were working. it was actually *really* convenient because there was an inexplicable correlation between the skin color of the employees and the quality of the food/service you were going to get if you ate there. you had to drive past the drive-thru window to get in line, so before we committed to the line, we'd always wait to catch a glimpse of the person working the window. if the employee wasn't black, that meant it was a good day to eat at quizno's or wendy's or something.

I swear, if it was a shift where none of the employees were black, your order was NEVER right. EVER. at least one thing (usually 2-3) was going to be wrong with your order. sometimes what they handed you didn't even *remotely* resemble what you'd actually ordered. if it was an "african american employee day," your food was going to be absolutely perfect. it was the weirdest thing, but at least it was predictable!

I don't own a coffee maker. Weird I know! I'm almost 35 and never been a coffee drinker. I prefer tea.
Well I just have recently found a new found love for coffee! So you are trying to give it up and I'm just starting ;)
Foo does seem to eat alot! Do you find it's more expensive since shes on a no pellet diet?
You do have a tall family! My family is short, so hopefully my son gets some of my husbands height.
Glad Wendy's got your order nearly right......except the straw and sauce ;)

I deleted that rant because it was just too much rant. lol.
I'm going to try not to do that anymore!

As for Foo, she got a banana slice today and she was very happy about that. She seems fine after probably eating too much dog/cat food. She seems to like the dog food better, which is probably best because its a really good food. haha.
I finally put her fur blanket in her cage with her. She seems to really like it! She isn't eating it anymore because I think she has gotten used to it. I left part of the floor of her cage bare so if she gets too hot she can lay on the plastic.
I just don't know how to wash fur? Do I hand wash it? I guess I would wash it the way I wash a rabbit! In warm water with mild soap, towel dry with a low blow dryer! hahahaha that sounds so ridiculous. I'm going to google it! :rabbithop :rabbithop

Last edited:
I don't own a coffee maker. Weird I know! I'm almost 35 and never been a coffee drinker. I prefer tea.
Well I just have recently found a new found love for coffee! So you are trying to give it up and I'm just starting ;)
Foo does seem to eat alot! Do you find it's more expensive since shes on a no pellet diet?
You do have a tall family! My family is short, so hopefully my son gets some of my husbands height.
Glad Wendy's got your order nearly right......except the straw and sauce ;)
Yes, her diet is a little more expensive now. Instead of buying things here and there for her, she depends on it! So I have to make special trips to the store to get stuff sometimes. The herbs are the most expensive part of it though, the little packages are such a rip off, they're like 2.50 for a small little plastic thing of herbs. This summer, I'll be growing everything of my own, but until then...
During the week she eats, on average:
6-8 bunches of cilantro
2-3 heads romaine
2 heads green leaf
2 heads red leaf
1 bag of spring mix salad OR 2 bunches flat leaf parsley
maybe 1 whole carrot
2 or so slices banana
14 papaya bites
different sprigs of herbs when she'll eat them. The little packages last a month or so.
Then her hay, my god, she eats 2 completely full litter boxes a day. Her daily hay is another buns 3 days worth of hay.

THAT is a lot of food! I didn't realize it until I wrote it all down.

Oh and I drink caffine free tea at night, the Celestial brand Sleepy time tea. Its very good and really relaxing. I drink a cup and sit on the couch or in the rocking chair with my celestial choir music and try to relax. Unfortunately, I am by a nature a very high strung person and relaxing is hard for me. The tea and music really help though.

Last edited:
Foo LOVES the coastal hay! I just put a pile in there for her and she has been in the box for a solid 10 minutes! She has like hamster cheeks filled with hay and is still stuffing more into her mouth and eating it! I was worried about what she was going to do with a new hay, since she didn't really like the oat hay that much in the beginning, but now she's coming around to it.
But this coastal is really nice. It looks to be about a second cut and its got fluffier strands so they're not long and woody. It has some yellow pieces in it, but she has always like the yellow pieces the best for some reason. Her timothy has long woody pieces so it will help grind her teeth down more. I'll still probably get some timothy because of that. I might have to go some where else to get the timothy though :/
I just glad she likes it because I have SO MUCH OF IT! lol.

I'm going to post some pictures of her later, my husband found the batteries! YAY for him!
I want to show you guys how big her butt is while she's in the hay box! And I might post some pictures of her cage, since I don't think anyone has seen her cage set up. Its nothing special because its store bought plastic bottomed pet store cage. But its the "huge" one, which is relative since none of those cages are big enough! She has a kitchen though!

My MIL asked me if I wanted a bread maker for Christmas, I told her no. I told my husband that she could get me the fluffy blanket I wanted him to get me and he could get me either NIC grids from Sears or an egg incubator for my chickens. Chances are, I'm going to get NIC grids! I need to start thinking up cage designs and decide if she would like levels or just one big huge floor level. Hmmm...so much to ponder.
:rabbithop

Last edited:
Camerapictures214.jpg

Here is Foo munching on some salad for lunch!

Camerapictures211.jpg

This is right before lunch, her chowing down on her new coastal hay! I'm so happy she loves it!
Please don't mind to poop on her blanket! She isn't 100% with the litter box poops. haha.
Her cage is gross right now! Its so amazing how she messy she is, I need to sweep her cage out and shake her fur blanket out. I just did it yesterday but there is hay everywhere.

This is a fantastic thread. I can´t believe I´ve just spent nearly an hour reading through it and it´s now 1am and I have to get up in the morning...awwww

I did so laugh at some of the comments especially about Fifty shades...yes, the most over hyped books of all time....boring and repetitious...goodness knows how they´re going to make a film...it would have a quadruple X rating if they include everything in the book and if they don´t, why bother making it.

Enough of that.....Foo is just great, just love her and it´s lovely to see more of her, she sounds like a real character. Yes, bunnies are fantastic but can drive you round the bend at times. I´ve just discovered that one of mine, who shall be nameless, has been having a nibble at the base of my china cabinet :shame ....is there nothing sacred !!!

And I totally know what you mean about cables...I´m on my fourth mobile charger but am gradually learning that any cable in their path will be exterminated permanently.

I am now retiring to bed, bunnies have been in their enclosure for about an hour and have finished their food and are settling for the night.

I look forward to reading new adventures of Foo tomorrow. Greeting from three happy bunnies :biggrin2:

:happyrabbit:

OMG! The ad on the top of my page is for Celestial sleepy time tea! Do you think they just know what I type, so they can put the ad up there?! That is so weird, that I said something about it a few days ago and then there is an ad for it. I DO love that tea! I tried to get some Celestial Candy Cane tea but my husband pushed me away yesterday because the store was crazy with people! lol.

I found that Foo loves rose petals! She goes nuts for them. I just gave her my last 3 roses that were dead on the bush. She really likes them. So I'm putting them in her hay sparingly because I don't have anymore petals. :( I may have to get some organic roses and let them dry. She would probably like that, maybe I'll go to the organic grocery store and get some herbs and roses for her.
Since Foo likes to eat the dog food out of his bowl, I put her dinner salad in it! I also put her a small bin of hay on the floor and a small bowl of more greens, since she likes to eat the cilantro first, I separated it. I tried to take a picture of her eating a huge salad out of a dog bowl, but she would not stay in front of the bowl for me to get a good picture. The little scamp! lol. She just ran into the living room and my dad scared the hell out of her! Poor bun! :rabbithop

I took the gate down between the kitchen and living room, so I let Foo into the living room to explore. She found the Christmas tree, so I took like 100 pictures to try to get some good shots. These aren't great because she kept moving! hahaha. But they're kind of cute. PS. don't mind any fur balls if you see them, I usually sweep/vacuum once a day to get the dog hair under control, but I missed today for something else. It only takes 1 day for fur balls to accumulate; its ridiculous.

So here is Foo exploring the Christmas tree for the first time since she was like 6 months old. I was worried about her getting the cords, because the living room isn't bun-proofed. So I herded her back into the kitchen.
Camerapictures224.jpg

Camerapictures221.jpg

Camerapictures220.jpg

On a positive note, she didn't poop a single poop in the living room or pee! She did so good, I was so surprised. My husband was like "no get her out of here, what if she pees on the rug or poops and you miss it and that baby eats it?!" But she didn't poop a single poop! lol. She did so good. I might start letting her in the living room more often, once the Christmas tree is gone, it will be bun-proof and I won't have to worry about cords.

Weird about the celestial tea ad?? Hmmm....i wonder how it "knows"......:)

That is so great that Foo didn't poop or pee on her exploration. Eww, gross to think of your son eating it. Lol!

It's fantastic that you found your camera because these pics of Foo are so great. She has such a sweet face too. Kinda "sad" looking and oh so cute!! love her!

Weird about the celestial tea ad?? Hmmm....i wonder how it "knows"......:)

That is so great that Foo didn't poop or pee on her exploration. Eww, gross to think of your son eating it. Lol!

It's fantastic that you found your camera because these pics of Foo are so great. She has such a sweet face too. Kinda "sad" looking and oh so cute!! love her!
She does have kind of a sad face! hahaha. Her allergies are bothering her right now, so her eyes are a little watery. I have to wipe them with a warm damp cloth at least once a day. Poor thing! I think with her allergies its the weather. Its so strange here, one day its 70 then the next its 40. All the plants are confused and her allergies always mess with her this time of year and in the spring. But during the summer, she's fine.

So last night, I "forgot" to put Foo in her cage before I went to bed. Well, "forgot" really means, I was too tired to wrangle her back into her cage before I went to bed. lol. So I told her to be good and left her out.

Well, Foo was not good! This is what I came down to this morning...
Camerapictures228.jpg

...that is my kitchen floor and that is a bin of hay I put down so Foo wouldn't have to keep jumping in and out of her cage to eat hay out of her normal container.
That's what I get for being nice to her. lol. :vacuum:

She is so happy this morning though. She assaulted my leg when I came into the kitchen. I guess she likes having her hay in the floor to be in all the time! Too bad, I don't like having hay in the floor. Well, more hay than usual. It just gets everywhere!

Oh and I have to tell y'all about last night. I was pouring a glass of wine and it kind of dripped down the neck of the bottle and I wiped it with my fingers, it dripped off my hand onto my foot, so I wiped my foot on my pants. lol. I then went to switch the load of wash and Foo came over and she loves my feet anyway. She was chinning my feet and then she found where the wine was, so she was licking my toes! lmao. I didn't think about it until I finished with the dryer and she followed me to the counter then started licking my foot again. So I was like 'hmmm...thats odd'. Then I remembered the wine spillage on my foot and laughed like crazy at her! There wasn't really anything on my foot, its like she could smell the sweetness of the red wine! She is definitely my bun!
:rabbithop

Oh my GOSH that's a mess!, hahahaha how cute though. You know she had an absolute ball last night!!

My buns are always interested in my wine too. Although they are interested in anything I have :) I've never let them close though. Maybe Foo had a little buzz last night and it made her hay crazy!!

Maybe she did! I thought about that this morning as I was cleaning up her hay mess! The way she bounded to me this morning and was binkying around, I think she had a good night last night! lol. I need to start leaving her out at night more often. I don't mind cleaning up a hay mess as long as she's happy. Maybe I'll get her a shallow storage bin and fill it with hay, so she can play in it instead of throwing it on the floor! lol

I just put her back in her cage so I could feed my other animals. lol. She got in there on her own to lay on her fur blanket, then I closed the door to the cage and she stood up and looked at me like I smacked her! lol. Poor thing, taking a nap on her fur blanket in total hell. hahaha. Silly rabbit!

Doesn´t she look so cute sitting under the tree and she´s been such a good girl. Mine do the same with the hay, they love spreading it all over the place. It´s the thing I dislike the most as it just gets everywhere but where there are buns, there´ll be hay.

She just likes giving you something to do spreading her hay everywhere, she doesn´t want you to get bored.

Made me laugh thinking about her licking off the wine, hope she didn´t wake up with a hangover:laugh:

I´ve just put mine to bed and am just watching Houdini change his stuff around again. He loves digging and his bedding ends up everywhere and then I tidy it up again and he repeats the exercise. Drives me mad it does.

More on Foo Foo tomorrow I hope :bunnydance:

Hahaha well looks like she's just making sure you have enough to do, you know in case you get bored. I love the spots on her ears I think that's the cutest part of her. And she does have a sad look on her face. I call it the eeyore look :)

You should tie a red ribbon on her the next time she's under the tree

Well as I was getting to my blog, my son decided he wanted to pour out the little tiny crumbs of the doritos on the couch. We were sharing them. Then he just hit my phone with a very hard plastic mallet. He just hit my knee with it, it hurt and he hits HARD. Now he's petting my knee as if to say he is sorry for hitting me. lmao. This kid has driven me up a wall today! He has been acting like a total nutter today!

Anyway! Foo has been out of her cage all day, she has made another huge mess with the hay; but she looks so happy. haha. I cut a box so it was shallow and put some hay in it with a few papaya bites and like 10 pellets. I like to make her forage for things, it keeps her 'wild' nature in tact. lmao. Yeah, she's totally wild. You guys didn't know?! hahaha. I had to wipe her eyes with a warm cloth this morning, she is having some serious allergy issues right now. Poor thing. Her eyes look a little uncomfortable.

I changed my Christmas present wish with my husband last night. I told him I wanted Foo spayed for Christmas. I was supposed to get it done for my birthday. My dad offered to pay for it then, but he lost his job like a week before my birthday. So I told my husband that if he didn't get me anything else that would be totally fine, I just want to get her spayed! It will fix some many things with her behavior and all that. So hopefully that will be happening! I just have to stay on my husband because he'll forget and keep asking me what I want for Christmas.
I was looking at different breeds of buns last night, I started out with Nethies and moved to giant breeds. I was showing my husband the different pictures of rabbits that I liked. I showed him a black otter nethie and he didn't really like them. I ONLY like the black otter nethies. I showed him some rex rabbits, then showed him Archie and he ONLY liked Archie. I've showed him Natasha Rabbitova before and he thought she was gorgeous(which she is) but those are the only two rex's he likes. I showed him Flemmies and NZ and he wasn't thrilled. Then I came to Checkered Giants and he LOVED them! He likes that they have a "racing stripe" down the middle of their backs. lol. He is such a man! I would love to have a checkered giant! He didn't really like the English spot though, which is strange because they look so similar, he just liked the CG. lol. As it turns out, he is very picky about bunnies! It makes me wonder how much he likes Foo? She isn't show quality and shes just a plain little white loppy hoppy. She doesn't have a racing stripe, if she did he may interact with her more! lmao.

Enough now! I'm going to make burritos for dinner now, with refried beans and mexican rice. Delicious! I'll take some pictures and share them later. I couldn't find a red ribbon for Foo to wear under the tree! It makes me a little sad, because I used to have one.

Edit: I'll take pictures of FOO, not our food. The way that little paragraph runs, it sounds like I'm going to take pictures of our food to share with everyone. Not so. Rabbit pictures. Unless, y'all want to see our food?! :humour:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back