Hock sores

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagny

Reaction score
My bunny has the very small beginnings of hock sores. Right now 97% of her flooring is carpet. There is a tiny bit of wood area that she does not use very much. Has anyone tried Memory Foam for flooring? Any suggestions? Thanks!

I use those memory foam mats that are made for the bathroom. She likes it it’s super soft for her feet. She even sleeps on it to, but I know that some bunnies like to chew on them too you might want to test it out with your bun first. I use that and blankets know for my room I don’t use fleece blankets, they aren’t that cushiony as the regular ones.

Thank you guys for suggestions. I went with the puzzle foam mats. So far, it's working, but I think her mate is going to end up chewing on them, and I will be back to the drawing board.

Thank you guys for suggestions. I went with the puzzle foam mats. So far, it's working, but I think her mate is going to end up chewing on them, and I will be back to the drawing board.
Blankets and soft rugs work for my Rex. He doesn't enjoy chewing them as much as he would foam mats and it helps his hocks. I wouldn't use fleece blankets as sometimes it can make sore hocks worse but I use old duvet covers and Ikea blankets on my floor. It looks okay, because I have started to use a colour scheme but if you don't mind using a few old blankets and don't care too much about looks, I'd say its a good option.

Thx for info on fleece. That makes sense, and they don't seem to want to sit on it. I will change to an old duvet..

Back