Hideehooo!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studiobird

Reaction score
Cabrissi, why did you not point this place out to me sooner :p

Hello everyone! I'm Kristie from Australia. I am currently in the process of making a hutch for some buns when the time comes. It has been made so far with completely recycled materials.

My favourite buns are Dwarf and Mini lops, in Sooty Fawn, Blue Fawn, Butterfly patterns, Harlequin patterns and Blues.

I have a 4.5yo daughter who has requested a bunny to have hair the same colour as hers (auburn/red), though after seeing a blue bun recently, she recanted her wish.

Our plans are to buy a bun from a Bunny Breeder and then adopt a friend from a rescue, however, if the right bun came along before hand we might consider (have enquired about some buns FTGH today).

So. That's me in a nutshell.

Oh. and I know Amanda :p We stalk each other around the web hahah!

*squee* Hiiiiiiiii!!!

Oh gosh, I can't believe I didn't point you here sooner! I blame being rather brain-dead due to teething/sick/full moon bubba not sleeping for the past little while. ~_~ I can't wait to see whom you guys get, they will be lucky bunnies for sure! :) You'll have to post pictures of your hutch as well. And pictures just in general because you always have such gorgeous pictures!

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

This is the place to be to do your research before getting a bun.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Hehe. That's ok Amanda. I know what it is like with kids haha!

Planning on doing more work on the hutch today. One side is wired in, the other side will be done today.

I need to work out how to cut through the bottom to make it accessible to the grass, and make the run part of the cage.

But I think I need to find some more supplies to build that part.

Going to a bunny show next weekend to see some bunny babies. Though there are some freebies available at the moment that I am considering. Though she does not know what type of bunnies they are (dwarf cross or something), so a little unsure if I want to go that route or not.

But realistically need the cage first! (though we do have some housing available ;)

Maybe post some pictures of it in progress? There are a lot of clever people around here who should be able to advise what has worked for them or not worked for them? Just make sure the gauge of wire is heavy duty and secured to the frames very well... I can't tell you how many awful problems we've had with foxes outdoors chewing through wiremesh, wood, breaking screws/nuts/bolts, destroying aviary wire etc etc. with my birds. I'm sure you've probably read on it too but then that can be lined with the flyscreen mesh to prevent mozzies from getting in as well.

Ohhhh how exciting to see baby bunnies! I am a bit leery of adding anymore buns when my two are so perfect but willl admit I am sorely tempted to get a rex or minirex at some point... I just love all the ones I see here! I suppose the ftgh buns would depend on if they meshed well with you and T or not when/if you meet them. I got lucky with Cinnamon, I couldn't even see what I was getting with her... she just turned out to be totally adorable, healthy and sweet as sugar. I'm just a mush who couldn't let her go to a meatbuyer! LOL

:welcome1 :hello

Cabrissi wrote:
Maybe post some pictures of it in progress? There are a lot of clever people around here who should be able to advise what has worked for them or not worked for them?

:yeahthat:

sas :biggrin2:

I just went out and took some photos... now if I could find a cable I could upload some! I worked a couple of hours on the hutch tonight :)

:wave:Hi and welcome..

Welcome, from another aussie member!

Hope you like it here. I will be looking out for what bunnies you get! I have a blue dwarf lop... whose ears arent lopped. blue/dark grey is a lovely colour I think.

Thank you all for the welcome. we are excited about a bunny, we just need to get their 'space' organised :)

In the meantime I am absorbing Rabbits Online like a sponge

Latest posts

Back