Hi :-)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a homeless domestic. Good on you for saving him! If you can afford it, I'd take him to a rabbit savvy vet to for a general checkup, just to make sure there aren't any issues such as parasites or infections that could snowball into a big problem later.

He seems very healthy, he is an eating pooping machine ^_^ I was not expecting it, but I guess i dont mind cleaning his cage daily! He has been a good house bunny so far. Only a few pellets here and there, in his favorite places. I got him an x-pen, but he doesnt like it! So I just let him free when im home and awake, and put him in his cage when i leave or go to sleep.

LOL he gave me the 'foot flick' when i put him back in his cage tonight, and then turned his back on me and pretended to be busy. I might be in the doghouse! And he always bangs around in there for a while at night, in protest.

How do you get your bunnies to go back in their cage, and not be a brat about it?

I trick them. bedtime is when they get their clean litter box full of hay. I have two of the same litter box, and while I prepare the new one I know they are watching me. So then I switch out the dirty for the clean and they jump right in and start eating the hay. That's when I quietly close the door to their condo. By the time they realize they pretty much accept that it's bedtime. When I go out during the day I get a small handful of kibbles and say "upstairs! Kibbles!" And they usually go to the top floor to eat them and that's when I close the door. To be honest though there have been times when I've just had to gently push a stubborn bunny butt into their home.

I trick them. bedtime is when they get their clean litter box full of hay. I have two of the same litter box, and while I prepare the new one I know they are watching me. So then I switch out the dirty for the clean and they jump right in and start eating the hay. That's when I quietly close the door to their condo. By the time they realize they pretty much accept that it's bedtime. When I go out during the day I get a small handful of kibbles and say "upstairs! Kibbles!" And they usually go to the top floor to eat them and that's when I close the door. To be honest though there have been times when I've just had to gently push a stubborn bunny butt into their home.

LOL you would think after all this time, the same routine every day, they would remember, and resist! Im surprised something as simple as fresh hay can do the trick.

I give him a piece of a carrot or a few honey nut cheerios, or raisins even, every time i put him away, and he still gets an attitude about it :-D but I have to pick him up and carry him, and set him down next to his cage, and tap his butt to make him go in. Ah, the indignity of it all...

I tell him 'go in' when i do it, and then praise him when he does. But so far he doesnt seem to make the connection.

LOL problem solved. I chased him in circles around the living room once trying to catch him so i could put him back. Now when it's about that time to put him back at night, I just walk towards him and he RUNS to his cage. I guess he doesnt like being chased :p He's a smart bunny after all.

Latest posts

Back